sex!?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zacg777
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi everyone,

I apologise in advance – this is quite detailed stuff but i am desperate for advice.

I am new to this forum and I have been on the stage 1 diet for 2 weeks (I didn’t do the cleanse but might start the lemon juice one tomorrow).

I started the diet after some very mild symptoms of thrush and I am already starting to feel like it is going (I am taking the recommended pro-biotics etc). I am just wondering about sex – I have searched for discussions on here but can’t find anything about it.

My doctor told me that it is not contagious and that I can’t pass it to my boyfriend but i have since heard that this is not true. I was then told to use condoms but have again, since heard that the spermicide on them can feed the candida! Basically, i am almost symptom free and want to know if i can have sex again yet? Before my symptoms started, we were having sex (I have the copper coil)and I am also worried i have passed it to my boyfriend although he has no symptoms.

I am worried that i wont be able to have sex for the forseeable future which is very depressing considering I have already given up my other favourite thing – chocolate!

Any advice is very gratefully received.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

zacg777 wrote: Hi everyone,

I apologise in advance – this is quite detailed stuff but i am desperate for advice.

I am new to this forum and I have been on the stage 1 diet for 2 weeks (I didn’t do the cleanse but might start the lemon juice one tomorrow).

I started the diet after some very mild symptoms of thrush and I am already starting to feel like it is going (I am taking the recommended pro-biotics etc). I am just wondering about sex – I have searched for discussions on here but can’t find anything about it.

My doctor told me that it is not contagious and that I can’t pass it to my boyfriend but i have since heard that this is not true. I was then told to use condoms but have again, since heard that the spermicide on them can feed the candida! Basically, i am almost symptom free and want to know if i can have sex again yet? Before my symptoms started, we were having sex (I have the copper coil)and I am also worried i have passed it to my boyfriend although he has no symptoms.

I am worried that i wont be able to have sex for the forseeable future which is very depressing considering I have already given up my other favourite thing – chocolate!

Any advice is very gratefully received.

Anybody can get a moniliasis at any time in life. It doesn’t means you have CRC or a chronic case. We talk in this kind of forum about a syndrome that affects the whole body because it is an intestinal fungal overgrowth. Some times, people who doesn’t have this syndrome come to the forums looking for answers. You are welcome anyway but I see no reason why you shouldn’t continue a normal life. If the problem is permanent, then, there is a reason to worried about. Sure, you can have sex every day if you want. Enjoy the life !
    Jorge.

Griff
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 21

My understanding is that kissing or sex (depending on the location of the problem) might only be problematic if the other person has an overgrowth of Candida (or is right on the verge). Thus, you shouldn’t sleep with someone who has a yeast infection. But my guess is that you don’t have to worry. But I’m no expert.

Otherwise use condoms without spermicide on them.

Griff

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

Sperm feeds the candida!!! Is that correct????

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

winemom wrote: Sperm feeds the candida!!! Is that correct????

Hello, Winemom.
    No, semen doesn’t feed the Candida; but it’s an alkaline substance which means that it’s capable of adding to a beneficial environment in which the Candida can thrive. This is one reason why a condom is recommended during sex if a Candida infestation is present.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘sex!?’ is closed to new replies.