Severe Dry Mouth

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Severe Dry Mouth

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Hi all,

So when I took Levaquin 3.5 years ago my dry mouth started instantly overnight. I woke up one day and ALL I wanted was water and it forced me to quit drinking soda or anything sugared whatsoever. Just as a side note I NEVER drank water back then (I was bad)

Here I am years later and it’s getting worse than it ever has. My tongue is thick coated white and yellow with ridges everywhere. I thought for sure after finding this site that maybe the tongue thing is Thrush but now I’m not so sure. It could be just symptoms of my uncurable dry mouth from the Quinolones poisoning that apparently progressively gets worse. I read up on how dry mouth causes yellow and white toungue and I am so constantly thirsty all the time.

I started the Oil Pulling with coconut oil 3 times a day and I thought for sure it was working at first. I was wrong. I think gargling with the salt water afterwards has made me even more thirsty than ever. Today my entire tongue is yellow and nasty.

I don’t want to go to an ENT cause I know it’s either Candida or just chronic dry mouth from Quinolone poisoning but now I’m thinking maybe I should.

It’s the most annoying thing on earth. Does anyone else suffer from this, any thoughts on what I should do? Thank you so much everyone.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Kots

I wake up with a severly dry mouth everyday and believe it to be oral thrush multiplying each night in my mouth. I have tried all the oil pulling with no success and I take coconut oil which I allow to melt in my mouth before swallowing but so far this has not produced any beneficial results.

Last night from a suggestion I saw on another post just before bedtime I cleaned my teeth then gargled some coconut milk kefir and swallowed it, DID NOT clean my teeth again before sleeping and woke up this morning with a huge improvement as to the dryness of my mouth. Its only been one night and I am not saying I have it cracked but I am optimistic that this might help.

Good luck on your efforts

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jamesb wrote: Last night from a suggestion I saw on another post just before bedtime I cleaned my teeth then gargled some coconut milk kefir and swallowed it, DID NOT clean my teeth again before sleeping and woke up this morning with a huge improvement as to the dryness of my mouth. Its only been one night and I am not saying I have it cracked but I am optimistic that this might help.

I believe it was Jackie who experienced the very same results, James. Great idea.

Able

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Thank you. I will try this.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Knots,
    I too have dry mouth badly from Thrush. I found that spreading greek yogurt all over the inside of my mouth helps, as well as oil pulling with coconut oil 3 times a day, and doing the same with kefir…I also will gargle with it. Plus I drink TONS of water I would say at least 8-10 water bottles a day along with hot lemon water 3 times a day. I always have something to drink because of the dry mouth. After one full month of diet my dry mouth had subsided. However, I keep trying new things that made it come back, walnut, almond, sunflower seeds were the worst. I also tried some rice crackers very bad side affects. All of these things gave me dry mouth. The most recent ignorant mistake…popcorn…from a bar no less. Thus I have dry mouth again. I find the kefir to help the most.

Best of luck to you. Hope my dumb mistakes help guide you 🙂

Jackie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Severe Dry Mouth’ is closed to new replies.