Severe Allergic Reactions? What the heck!???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Severe Allergic Reactions? What the heck!???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tude58 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

Good morning all!

Wow, I’ve had this small itching on my neck and almost to shoulders for about a week. Red flushing that runs up both sides and down to shoulders until yesterday! There were bumps, not hives along with a shortness of breath that had become worse. Severe itching and burning under my skin, face and arms????????????? I took lots of bendadryl, a hot epsom salt soak and hubby monitored me in case of ER trip.

I’ve written down new things which aren’t many and would like to know what’s the most common intruder any of you have seen turn into an allergy? There are several ingredients on the little tonic bottles my naturopath has had me on for over 3 months and never caused this before???

Rash is still here this morning and is not as bad but there with a whopper headache again.

Any suggestions as to what causes people the most trouble so I can try to eat this morning?

Coconut oil?
    Almond milk?
    Flax seed?

Thank You,
    Terri

tude58

tude58;51361 wrote: Good morning all!

Wow, I’ve had this small itching on my neck and almost to shoulders for about a week. Red flushing that runs up both sides and down to shoulders until yesterday! There were bumps, not hives along with a shortness of breath that had become worse. Severe itching and burning under my skin, face and arms????????????? I took lots of bendadryl, a hot epsom salt soak and hubby monitored me in case of ER trip.

I’ve written down new things which aren’t many and would like to know what’s the most common intruder any of you have seen turn into an allergy? There are several ingredients on the little tonic bottles my naturopath has had me on for over 3 months and never caused this before???

Rash is still here this morning and is not as bad but there with a whopper headache again.

Any suggestions as to what causes people the most trouble so I can try to eat this morning?

Coconut oil?
    Almond milk?
    Flax seed?

Thank You,
    Terri

Sorry, I meant to ask what herbs etc were most likely to cause allergic reactions if anyone knows?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Of those 3 almond is most likely to cause a reaction. With herbs, it could be any one of them. Try eliminating anything that could be suspect until it goes away and add them back in, one every 4 or 5 days. When you add the allergen back in, you’ll know. Could be more than one and just because you were fine with something 3 months ago doesnt mean you will be now. When you have had the infection under control for a while and you havent had exposure to the allergen for 6 months, theres a good chance you’ll be able to have it again.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

You could also try quercetin in place of benadryl. Less side effects and some people say it works better. It has other anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as well, both of which are important when battling allergies.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I side with impossible. It could be any combination of food items and its time to reset your food list. However some people it gets worse and if it does, then there could be an underlying problem such as thyroid issues, etc.

-raster

tude58

Thank you Impossible and Raster. This was scary! I had burning, itching bumps on both sides of my neck, hard to breath and didn’t want an ER trip bill. I stopped everything I was taking/eating for a time and added back in the antifungal tonics last night, no problem. I did stop the almond milk. I use it for everything from creamers, to milk in oatbran cereal etc. I haven’t added it back but rather using coconut milk and so far so good.
    What I did notice FINALLY, was that it started getting bad after I ate then would increase to scary.
    My skin is peeling from the bumps and they are almost gone. I do hope it’s the almond and am not planning on trying more of it soon. What a journey this is!

I’ll try the quercitin? I don’t like the benadryl side effects and have lost a couple of days over this and very weak. I just thought I would be packed to leave for Thanksgiving yesterday lol! Ha!

Shoving lemon juice with camomile tea, fluids and Bs etc to get some flush out and strength back. Staying on only one dose of the tonics for now.

The journey has been keeping fear down over liver issues and a positive attitude with prayer. Baby steps. I appreciate all of your support, I’ve noticed I’m not the only one who thinks they could be dying from all this stuff intermingled so repair, repair and am being thankful!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like its the almond milk. Unless its prepared at home where you soak the nuts and put it in the blender and strain it, its not going to be fresh whatsoever. The almonds contain molds which can set back anyone’s treatment. The second item I would examine more carefully is the oat bran followed by flax and finally by eggs. These all can cause problems and this is why they have an asterisk on the food list.

-raster

tude58

Sounds like its the almond milk. Unless its prepared at home where you soak the nuts and put it in the blender and strain it, its not going to be fresh whatsoever. The almonds contain molds which can set back anyone’s treatment. The second item I would examine more carefully is the oat bran followed by flax and finally by eggs. These all can cause problems and this is why they have an asterisk on the food list.

-raster[/quote

Thank you Raster. I thought the oat bran was on the “ok” list? It’s been my mainstay to keep some weight o:( The one I get is Bobs Red Mill………same with flax but will do another round of weeding out things. So far leaving the almond milk out is helping and no more itching. I am going to keep weeding though, my eyes always look as though I’ve been on a week long binge. Hopefully they’ll clear up a bit without almond……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Severe Allergic Reactions? What the heck!???’ is closed to new replies.