Several questions about candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Several questions about candida

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sylvalant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

1. What kind of doctor should I look for to test for systemic candidiasis? I’ve already done a stool test and it showed heavy candida overgrowth. I went to an infection disease doctor and he refused to test me, saying Candida’s not a problem.
    2. Does candidiasis cause low white blood cell count?
    3. Does candidiasis cause elevated IgE levels and result in a hyper-allergic response to candida?

Thanks in advance.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well it sounds like you already have a positive test result so I wouldn’t go any further. Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who ever has done antibiotics can have a gut flora imbalance…so if you combine your test results with prior antibiotic use…I think thats a good enough diagnosis right there.

I would go to a naturopathic or GI doctor for a potentially good treatment plan but I am unsure what other testing your would need to do. Actually, I would consider getting tested for h.pylori and parasites if possible…typically people who have candida overgrowth also have parasites. We all have them just at different levels.

I can’t really answer questions 2 and 3…

-raster

sylvalant

raster wrote: Well it sounds like you already have a positive test result so I wouldn’t go any further. Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who ever has done antibiotics can have a gut flora imbalance…so if you combine your test results with prior antibiotic use…I think thats a good enough diagnosis right there.

I would go to a naturopathic or GI doctor for a potentially good treatment plan but I am unsure what other testing your would need to do. Actually, I would consider getting tested for h.pylori and parasites if possible…typically people who have candida overgrowth also have parasites. We all have them just at different levels.

I can’t really answer questions 2 and 3…

-raster

I thought stool test is only proof that there is candida overgrowth in the GI tract. Unless you’re saying heavy overgrowth in the GI tract = systemic candidadiasis most of the time? I’ve had antibiotics, but it was only for 2 weeks total (with about a year gap between the 1st and 2nd week) in the past 5 years.

Ok, I’ve already seen my GI doctor, and he was the one who refferred me to my Infectious Diseases doctor who couldn’t help. So the next step is to find a naturopath. Thank you for your reply.

sylvalant

bump

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

sylvalant wrote: 3. Does candidiasis cause elevated IgE levels and result in a hyper-allergic response to candida?

I don’t know about IgE levels but, am trying to secure a candida blood test to prove this is what is going on. There’s ample reason to know candida is prevalent but, I want a firm diagnostic to prove it.

I’m NO EXPERT but, also have hyper allergic responses – histamine reactions. This manifests is huge itchy red hive like bumps to the slightest mosquito bite. Also, early in my LONG journey one mis-dx was intestinal TB based on a major positive reaction to a TB skin test (xrays proved negative to TB ever being in my lungs) and was treated with 6 months of a heavy 4 TB antibiotic cocktail which resulted in huge rashes up and down the back of both legs. Recently, I learned mycosis (mycotoxins in the blood stream = mycosis/fungus) creates false positives with a TB skin test.

I suspect there’s reasons to believe leaky gut plays a role in the hyper immune response since beyond mycotoxins in the blood stream, the body is responding to large molecule food particles passing through the leaky pores.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Several questions about candida’ is closed to new replies.