Seven day vegetable cleanse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Seven day vegetable cleanse

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

Just a small question – has anyone actually done the 7 day vegetable cleanse (with eggs also allowed) at the start of the LR diet – and lived to tell the tale? I need to start the diet soon – but I’m a little put off by this part, however I feel that I need to at least try it or I will feel that I’ve wasted my money.

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

yes it works really good,

I won’t lie…it’s not easy but if you have Candida it’s necessary, after the first couple days you start to adjust. You wont be in your comfort zone but then again if your considering the diet you are already uncomfortable with what’s going on in your gut.
    Just remember and tell yourself your on the road to getting better and you will start to feel a lot better in a few days.But make sure you take a NAC supplement and molybdenum and selenium. because the die off will make you feel like your not getting anywhere.
    Try not to make the detox drink to strong like I did and have your heart beating out of control. I’m 40 days in and and lost 10 pounds of belly fat in 2 weeks and my stomach is so flat just like it should be.I haven’t had gas or bloating issues as long as I stay close to the diet.
    I cheat here and there but I can tell the diet really works if you stay on it.
    Lisa’s advice is solid and cuts right to the chase.
    Good Luck

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Don’t forget to add some oil in your cleanse. Flax oil and hemp oil are excellent oils.
    Do not forget to support your liver.

AngelaL
    Participant

Hi – thanks for the advice (sorry not to have responded earlier as was having difficulty posting to the website).

I’ve ordered the NAC supplement on the internet and it should arrive soon. I plan to take the day off on Friday and start the cleanse then, giving me four full days over the bank holiday weekend, so hopefully it will have arrived by then.

I already take flaxseed oil as a supplement and will continue to do so throughout the cleanse and I plan also to include hemp seeds for the protein value. Do I need to take hemp oil as well?

Also I take chia seeds and pumpkin seeds as part of my morning shake – do you know if these are allowed on the first part of the cleanse? I could not find anywhere that they were specifically forbidden …

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

AngelaL;57531 wrote: I already take flaxseed oil as a supplement and will continue to do so throughout the cleanse and I plan also to include hemp seeds for the protein value. Do I need to take hemp oil as well?

Also I take chia seeds and pumpkin seeds as part of my morning shake – do you know if these are allowed on the first part of the cleanse? I could not find anywhere that they were specifically forbidden …

Flaxseed oil is enough. Hemp seeds are a very good source of protein.
    Chia seeds are advised on a cleanse. Pumpkin seeds might contain mold, so I’m not sure about them.

AngelaL
    Participant

TheChosenOne;57533 wrote:

I already take flaxseed oil as a supplement and will continue to do so throughout the cleanse and I plan also to include hemp seeds for the protein value. Do I need to take hemp oil as well?

Flaxseed oil is enough. Hemp seeds are a very good source of protein.
    Chia seeds are advised on a cleanse. Pumpkin seeds might contain mold, so I’m not sure about them.

Thanks! Pumpkin seeds I can take or leave but I can’t do without my chia!

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
    I feel much better after making it through the first couple weeks.
    I did a full 180 degree turn in my personality, my wife and work have noticed my attitude is great and I’m able to make jokes again. I was such an A-hole before but it wasn’t really in my control.

AngelaL
    Participant

Well I’m on the second day of my vegetable cleanse and feeling pretty lousy. I’m not feeling hungry or missing caffeine or sugar the problem is that I feel awful as if I’m getting the flu – I have swollen glands, earache and a sore throat. This happened to me before on a detox (where I was actually eating meat) and I think it’s because of the lack of carbohydrate. LR says in her book that cutting out carbohydrate can seriously weaken the immune system and I’m worried that this is what is happening. Has this happened to anyone and else and have they any ideas what I can do to prevent it? What non-starchy veg are high in carbohydrates? I’m sorry to say that I weakened and eat two packets of cheese and onion crisps but I have decided to ignore that an carry on – it could have been worse! It seems a shame to give up now as I have really psyched myself up to go the full seven days.

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi, I am starting the cleanse on Sunday. In preparation mode. COuld you be feeling lousy because of die-off? I don’t know if you can experience die-off without taking antifungals, but it could be that since you are starving the yeast of it’s favourite foods. Did you follow the cleanse from the website? I am wondering if you took all the recommended supplements. It’s a bit expensive for me to get all of them. What are you taking?

AngelaL
    Participant

MadEmx;57743 wrote: Hi, I am starting the cleanse on Sunday. In preparation mode. COuld you be feeling lousy because of die-off? I don’t know if you can experience die-off without taking antifungals, but it could be that since you are starving the yeast of it’s favourite foods. Did you follow the cleanse from the website? I am wondering if you took all the recommended supplements. It’s a bit expensive for me to get all of them. What are you taking?

Hi – thanks for replying. Yes i am taking a NAC supplement and it definitely wasn’t die off – I’ve experienced that before and it was totally different. I’ve now decided my problem was lack of carbohydrate and managed to alleviate it by increasing my intake of vegetables such as brocolli. Now I’m on the main part of the diet the symptoms have gone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Seven day vegetable cleanse’ is closed to new replies.