Sensitivity to Grains?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sensitivity to Grains?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

evellink
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

I’ve been diagnosed with ibs, but my self-diagnosis is Candida Overgrowth due to excessive consumption of milk despite having sensitivity to it, again excessive consumption of sugar and carbohydrate, and of course stress.

I’ve been following the candida diet for about 8 months now. I eat grains that are usually allowed in the diet, but quinoa and brown rice upset my stomach. A couple of months ago, after having eliminated quinoa for some time, I ate it again, but afterwards I had a terrible nausea, a feeling like vomiting and my mouth became watery. The reactions stopped all of a sudden after about half an hour or maybe less, and I was fine again. Today I had the same reactions for brown rice. Have I developed sensitivity to these foods? Why did I react this way?

Thank you..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely have not reduced the inflammation of your gut enough for leaky gut to be healed. What are you doing to heal leaky gut?

Also quinoa is very hard to digest in general and I would avoid it for a long time.

One thing I would try is red, black, or wild rice. These might not cause problems because you likely have not consumed them much in your lifetime.

-raster

evellink
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Sorry I couldn’t sign in for the last few days. I’ve recently started taking enzyme pills and drinking water mixed with L-Glutamine powder. I thought this would be a better option than pills. But these are the only supplements I’m using to heal leaky gut now. Do you recommend me to add other supplements in my diet? Thanksh

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can add in as many supplements as you can afford. The supplements are the x-factor in any treatment.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sensitivity to Grains?’ is closed to new replies.