Sensitive Itchy Skin (NO Rash)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Sensitive Itchy Skin (NO Rash)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GayBofill 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sacmde
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Sensitive Skin

I have been on this diet for 12 days now (the strict food diet-no fruit). Already had Die off symptoms. I noticed that my skin was very sensitive today (NO RASH). When I put the usual Loreal face cream on my face it felt irritated. Also when I put on a clean long sleeve T shirt today my skin felt itchy and irritated. Do people usually develop sensitive skin while on this diet? Am I going to have to change my laundry detergent and make up from now on?

Please help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Does your cream contain alcohol?

This is probably just a reaction from the healing effect that the diet has on the infestation and some of the die-off symptoms as well. Are you doing anything to combat the toxins and die-off symptoms?

Able

sacmde

Thanks Able!

I am also working out at the gym and sitting in the dry sauna to sweat the yeast out of my pores. Drinking lots of water (boil it first). Today my skin is not as itchy. I will look at the ingredients on my lotion. Will see if it contains alcohol (probably does). Will buy some natural ingredient lotion at Whole Foods Market today.

I appreciate your help- Marsha (Registered Nurse)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s pretty common to feel itchy all over your body. I had terrible itches that affected my whole body; head, toes, feet, legs, knees, etc. For me, it went away after about a month on the diet.

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

“If you wouldn’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin” – someone said this to me recently & it makes sense really.

sacmde

Thanks Raster and Benc for your responses! It makes sense that I would feel itchy all over for the first month. I am using natural oatmeal soap which is helping. Eating lots of avocados which is keeping my skin soft.

Sincerely- Marsha (Registered Nurse)

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Wow! Thanks everyone. I itch ALL THE TIME! I don’t know what it is. I don’t know if it is something in the products I use (I’ve tried all sorts of products — nothing works) or something in my diet (I’ve been successfully on the candida diet recommended on this forum for some time now – about 4 months) or what. Then I thought maybe it’s my dog (who is a hypoallergenci breed plus I shouldn’t blame the poor thing because i was itchy way before he came along). Does anyone have any recommendations on products to bathe with? Are there any soap-free products you’ve used? Creams, oils? I try not to take hot showers because it makes it worse but I LOVE a hot shower! I don’t use the typical soaps on the market. I’ve tried olive oil soap from a health food store, Cetaphil, Burt’s Bees and dozens of after bath lotions, potions and more and I still suffer. I even have scars on my legs from the scratching. It’s horrible! Talking about it makes me want to scratch! Also, my scalp is itchy and I use mild shampoos with no bad products.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thnx!
    GB

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

GayBofill wrote: Does anyone have any recommendations on products to bathe with? Are there any soap-free products you’ve used? Creams, oils?

Have you tried the soap made from goat’s milk, i.e. Goat’s Milk Soap?
    Goat’s milk has about the same pH as human skin.
    This is just one brand, there are plenty of other brands.
    http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Handcrafted-Soaps-Plant-Flower/dp/B001AKOH3K/ref=cm_lmf_img_8

Able

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Hi Able,

I have tried Goat’s milk soap but not this particular brand. Thanks for your suggestion. BTW, did you see my post asking for your guidance for a glucosomine chondroitan supplement to take that won’t interfer with candida treatmetn? I posted it in the “ADVICE” section. Don’t know if you would know of any brand but I certainly don’t want to take anything that will ruin the success I’ve been having on the candida treatment. In general, are there any ingredients one should look for in a supplement that should NOT be there because it will interfer with candida treatment?

Thanks as always.
    GB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sensitive Itchy Skin (NO Rash)’ is closed to new replies.