Seizure

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

loueme
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I have been following a strict candida diet as recommended on this website for 8 days now, I have the food lists on the kitchen walls and have cut out all toxins, I’ve been living on vegetables, and protein and nuts and seeds in abundance. I’ve had some serious fatigue and been feeling a little out of sorts which I put down to the die-off. However, I just had a seizure this morning, or fit, where I went into blackout and convulsions in front of my 7 year old daughter. She is obviously quite shaken as she said my eyes were rolling and staring at her and I don’t remember what happened, except that I’m covered in bruises on my back from convulsing against the book shelf. I’d be interested to see if anyone else has experienced this? I’m terrified and feel extremely anxious now and am questioning the credibility of this strict diet. Obviously I’m off to the doctors right away.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

This could be as simple as having a low blood sugar. Low blood sugar may cause one to suddenly lose consciousness. It may also lead to fatigue, both in the ‘brain fog’ sense and in the physical sense of your muscles feeling like you climbed a mountain after you just climbed the stairs.

You also could be missing some nutrients like proteins or minerals.

Eating healthy is a good thing, but it seems you’re overdoing it right now.

Rabelais

loueme
    Participant

I’m eating a lot of protein and taking probiotic, high quality multi-vits and stomach enzymes, drinking water etc. the doc has said the diet is ridiculous and that I should be eating potatoes, rice, bananas. I feel rotten, I’m frightened. Sent me home to eat a big bowl of porridge and now I can’t drive for some time as you have to declare seizures, this is turning out to be a nightmare.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Your doctor certainly has a point. His recommendations share one thing in common: they all increase your blood sugar levels.

I cannot say if his advice will help you in the long run. For now, it does seem the best you can do.

It looks quite obvious that you’ve overdone your diet. Going on a diet is generally fine, but don’t starve yourself. Note that you can even eat lots and lots of food and still starve yourself – this happens for example when all the food you eat still lacks certain essential constituents.

Rabelais

loueme
    Participant

I followed the diet strictly, I have daily multi-vits and probiotic, I have made veggie juices every day and eaten a wide variety of organic fruit and veg plus organic meat and fish, about 5 meals a day in total. Plus chopped almonds and pecans on top of meals, seeds and a few batches of the coconut bread that is recommended on this website. I eat a lot. This has taken it’s toll. I’d only been doing it 9 days before the seizure happened and to be honest I’ve never been a massive carb eater anyway. This diet is overdoing it. It’s dangerous. I’m still on it because I’m scared to put my body through the shock of suddenly eating sugar and potatoes again. I’m utterly exhausted, I took a short walk yesterday and it floored me. I certainly don’t feel amazing like everyone is saying. I wonder if people really have stuck to this diet or just taken bits of it into consideration. I’m now on my way for 11 blood tests as recommended by the doctor. I can’t drive for 6 months on account of the seizure and the last two days I’ve now been having anxiety attacks. Being a single mum alone at home with my children, this is not how I’d anticipated this ‘healthy’ lifestyle change diet to go. And the skin problems that I went on the diet for initially are worse than ever. So this is die-off? It’s cost me my driving license and two days paid work so far.

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

a wide variety of organic fruit and veg plus organic meat and fish, about 5 meals a day in total. Plus chopped almonds and pecans on top of meals, seeds and a few batches of the coconut bread that is recommended on this website.

That sounds like a very healthy eating plan, irrespective of which diet you are following. My guess is that either you changed your diet too quickly (which no one recommends), or that you have some other issues going on that the tests may reveal. Eating lots of nutritious, healthy food shouldn’t give you a seizure!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All of these problems are occurring due to elevated toxicity levels in your body and/or past habits.  I also dealth with seizures for a period of time when I was at my worst, for me it was caused by toxic mold in my house.  Be sure to check out toxic mold to see if it is a problem for you, you should notice a fine layer of mold spores covering flat objects.

Additionally, seizures can be caused by your spinal fluid not draining correctly.  When it builds up your body will have a seizure to release it.  To cause this spinal fluid to drain, you can do it via a few methods.  One is via supplements and diet, you can take things like E3AFA fatty acids and super neurogen which is a fatty acid.  Other good ones include coconut oil and SF722 and fermented cod liver oil.

There are certain foods that destroy your inner-neural membrane and these include wheat, white sugar, and corn.  The destruction of your brain has side effects and thus the seizures.

I also think you have too high of a toxic load right now, and you should focus on detoxing.  Do you have a detox plan to get better?  This is very important before doing the diet.

Also the anxiety is likely solely related to the toxins and histamine levels.  You can reduce histamine levels with homeopathics, liver supplements, good sleep, and exercise.

I was deftly ill for the first few months when I started and its because I did things too fast and didn’t have a detox plan to get better.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked

I have daily multi-vits and probiotic, I have made veggie juices every day and eaten a wide variety of organic fruit and veg plus organic meat and fish, about 5 meals a day in total. Plus chopped almonds and pecans on top of meals, seeds and a few batches of the coconut bread that is recommended on this website.

I agree with what texan wrote earlier. Your diet looks healthy.

What texan wrote, about you changing your diet too quickly, could be true. Another possibility is that you are allergic to one of the components of this diet. That doesn’t make the diet bad, it just means you have an allergy.

Just an example: if you never used coconut before and you happen to have a coconut allergy, then switching to a coconut-containing diet is of course a bad idea.

I’m not saying it is coconut in your case. I’m just suggesting that you might look into things that are on the diet that you are eating now and that you didn’t eat before. Or maybe you did eat them before, but only in very small quantities, and now you’re suddenly consuming much larger amounts.

I suggest you switch back to your old eating habits. Just for certainty. It will of course set you back two or three weeks, but hey, that’s not what I would call a disaster. Then, try the diet again – but this time slowly. Don’t go “all in” at once.

You could replace two or three “old habit” food ingredients each week with two or three “candida diet” ingredients. You then have a week to check yourself and find out if you tolerate the change. If you don’t, you know which ingredients don’t work for you. Simply abstain from the ingredients you added in the last week, and you should be fine.

Does this sound like a good idea to you, or do you find this plan too much of a hassle?

Rabelais

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seizure’ is closed to new replies.