Seeking advice/guidance from the experts…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Seeking advice/guidance from the experts…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Hi. I want to review my regimen and make sure I’m on the right track…
    Am- Probiotic hour before eating
    Coconut Oil Pulling
    Hot Lemon Water
    Eggs
    Holy Tea
    Colon Clenz, molybdenum, milk Thistle, vits A & D3, Vit C
    Swedish Bitters

Lunch
    Salad & Dressing from recipes & hard boiled egg & sometimes chicken
    Molybdenum, milk thistle, vit c

Dinner
    Veggie & Chicken or egg
    Molybdenum milk thistle, vit c, CalMagZinc, SF722
    holy Tea
    Swedish bitters

Before Bed

Probiotic (my counts are 7 strains and DSS1 and only a few billion so I take 2 x per day). Megaflora on way in mail.

I throw in a slice of coconut bread w organic butter about once per day.

I am adding in Buckwheat and Yogurt this week.

Questions:
    Am I on the right track? Is the timing of things ok?

Also when I started probiotics, symptoms such as oral thrush flared for a couple of days and then settled. I started the SF722 a couple of days ago. This is occurring again. With some good fatigue and leg cramping. Sounds like an increase of die off to me which I think would be normal for adding this but want to verify?

Able, Raster, Orka Lauren Thomas Lucy and anyone else are there any additional recommendations you would make at this point? Any would be welcome.

Also making homemade yogurt and kefir intimidates me. I already spend a ton of time even with the great help of my bf to do all the prep and cooking etc for this. We both have full time jobs and I have a 4 year old as well as committing some of my time to working with others in another support group so time in and of itself is limited. So can I just go commercial on these? I saw recommendations for brands of yogurt but is there a better kefir brand out there with the lowest sugar?

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I’m no expert. But, for the first time, I made kefir. It takes all of maybe 5 minutes to drain and start a fresh batch. I do it in the morning because that’s my best time. The nice thing with making kefir is that you choose the time of day that you start it and change it the same time everyday. I was a little intimidate too, but you’ll see it’s one of the easiest things to do. My problem is that I’m having problems consuming it all. I put a batch of grains in the freezer only to read later that I did it wrong. I don’t know whether they’re spoiled or not, I haven’t checked.

Take a try! If it’s too much for you, than at least you tried.

mariegirl

ps. Another vain. I’m not nearly as busy as you, so I do have time. Raising 4 kids, I can somewhat understand. Hope you get your answer soon.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Patti!

Your regimen looks OK to me from everything I read here on the forum. I am not that savvy with candida treatment (only third month of treatment with quite some mistakes) I just spend a lot of time reading the forum’s posts and pass on anything that I can to others. I will let our candida guru’s comment on that part.

I must agree with mariegirl on kefir. It’s the easiest thing to do and gives you so many benefits over the store bought. First, in a store bought kefir there might be more sugar even though you could find a low sugar brand. You don’t really know if it was fermented right and for long enough. Also, logically thinking, they would have to stop the fermenting process so that bottle would not explode so I’m kind of questioning how much probiotic is really there. I’ve even read posts where people explain that they stop the fermenting (which means kill the good stuff in it) and then add few probiotics manually. In that case, you are better off juts popping a pill. Home made kefir doesn’t have that many probiotic count wise, but it has over 40 strains which is beneficial. If you drink it daily and eat the food which is prebiotic (like the diet we here follow) those will flourish and heal your colon. Kefir is called “elixir of life” where I live, I’m pretty sure there is a reason for it.

OMG I just realized that I praise kefir so much, you’d think I am selling the stuff hahahahaha. I realize that but I truly believe how much benefits it has and know how easy it is to make it every day. I am a single mom of twin girls (soon to be 3 years old) and work full time. Trust me, I know how little time you have. I was not cooking for myself (probably this is why I am where I am now) since getting kids thinking I don’t have the time, but I sure find it now, not only one cooked meal a day but three!

So back to kefir 🙂 My advice is to search and read some posts about making kefir, descriptions on how it is supposed to taste (store bought is way different than homemade) and other useful advice. You will get the feeling of what it entails. It’s quite simple, really. Make the amount that you plan to drink and at a time of day you plan to drink it. Since my kids drink kefir, it became kind of a tradition for us to have it at dinner time. They like to chase their food with it, I just have it after my meal to top off all the pills I am taking 🙂 Make a small batch first, like a teaspoon of grains and a cup of milk and then slowly as the grains grow and you feel that you can drink more, you may increase the amount. If you want to stick to the same amount and grains grow to much, first save some in a little milk and freeze so you have a backup if these go bad for any reason. Be careful about raising amount of kefir as some people got a die-off reaction triggered by it (me included, I doubled it without thinking and had almost a liter a day). It’s a new probiotic for your body so give youreself time to get used to it. I’ve been drinking it most of my life, but had a long break and since I started drinking it when I started the treatment. At the begging I would get dizzy after drinking kefir. Dizziness was my main symptom so it was worse at the beginning of treatment (die-off related probably). You’ve experienced die-off when starting probiotic and SF722 so you should expect the same from kefir as well.

I think making home made yoghurt is way too much work (you have to have the right temp of the milk and so and so) so if you can find and handle Organic Plain Greek yoghurt, I would go for store bought in this case.

Good luck and hope one of the guru’s chime in soon 🙂

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

mariegirl wrote: I’m no expert. But, for the first time, I made kefir. It takes all of maybe 5 minutes to drain and start a fresh batch. I do it in the morning because that’s my best time. The nice thing with making kefir is that you choose the time of day that you start it and change it the same time everyday. I was a little intimidate too, but you’ll see it’s one of the easiest things to do. My problem is that I’m having problems consuming it all. I put a batch of grains in the freezer only to read later that I did it wrong. I don’t know whether they’re spoiled or not, I haven’t checked.

Take a try! If it’s too much for you, than at least you tried.

mariegirl

ps. Another vain. I’m not nearly as busy as you, so I do have time. Raising 4 kids, I can somewhat understand. Hope you get your answer soon.

Hi mariegirl,

How did you freeze your grains? If you just froze them without the milk, if you have a fast freezer they might be fine still. They are tougher than we think, even though I had them go bad for no reason (twice in my life so not that much of a chance of that happening, but still this is the reason I always save a batch for backup), and I know that metal can hurt it.

Hope they are still fine. Best would be to pull them out and try. If they are good, just put them back, or freeze a fresh batch.

Arijana

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I put them in the freezer with fresh organic whole milk in a plastic container, but didn’t rinse them first. I read several places that they need to be rinsed.

mariegirl

orka1998
    Participant

mariegirl wrote: I put them in the freezer with fresh organic whole milk in a plastic container, but didn’t rinse them first. I read several places that they need to be rinsed.

mariegirl

Probably should have rinsed them, but again if your freezer is fast I think they are probably fine. Perhaps it will take one or two batches to get good kefir, but other than that it should be fine.

Arijana

Pattinoo

Are you both talking about the milk kefir? Is there a link you might have that describes how to make it? I have read so much about milk vs water I don’t even recall where the instructions are. Ill search.

orka1998
    Participant

Pattinoo wrote: Are you both talking about the milk kefir? Is there a link you might have that describes how to make it? I have read so much about milk vs water I don’t even recall where the instructions are. Ill search.

Hi Patti,

Search the forum, there are many posts which contain either info on making kefir or links to videos and stuff which are about making kefir. I think you can find videos on youtube as well. Please let me know if you don’t find anything.

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds good to me…I don’t think there is much I could add. I would consider trying out cod liver oil which is a great anti-inflammatory.

-raster

Pattinoo

Marie and Arijana. Thanks so much for the info on kefir. Maybe I’ll try to make it soon, after all. It’s feedback like yours that helps me break through my fear or resistance to things like this. I’ll do some more research.

Raster, thanks too for your feedback. I’m definitely going to add in the cod liver oil. How do you take it? In a pill or liquid form?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take fermented cod liver oil which has a more natural ratio of vitamins A and D than regular cod liver oil. It also has prebiotic properties. It is a lot more expensive as well to purchase.

The Carlson’s brand is an industry norm one that I have used in the past and is much cheaper. I believe liquid might be better but have not tried it out.

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seeking advice/guidance from the experts…’ is closed to new replies.