Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, or any rash Thread (Who has it lets hear your story)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, or any rash Thread (Who has it lets hear your story)

This topic contains 104 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Sivakanth 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

So who on this forum has SD, how long have you had it, what are you currently doing to minimize the redness and flaking, does the diet help, and has anyone actually cured it?

I was diagnosed in Sept 2010 but had it for an entire year before diagnosing. I use ketoderm 2% once a day, and the diet is to new to claim any difference. I did the diet in 2007 but did not have SD at the time and did it Sept 2010 to April 2011 but only used threelac and coconut oil with the diet. I didn’t have any luck last time. But I am much more optimistic with all the anti fungals I am taking with raw sauerkraut, kefir, and quality probiotics.

Updated

I want to hear input from other member of this forum that also have skin rashes, or inflammatory skin diseases. What you have done for treatment, has it worked, what hasn’t. These kind of skin diseases take a toll on a persons confidence and social life.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I was diagnosed in 2008 though I know I had earlier. I was given shampoo at the time because it basically only effected my scalp and behind the ears during the winter.

Fast forward to this past winter and It has effected my face, grion,ears( inside ) and scalp. The shampoo is worthless I gave up on it last year.

The diet has not gotten rid of it for me but I have not been on it for very long. In fact, because of the die off I got rashes and pimples where I have never gotten them before, like on my legs and chest. I started consuming a lot of home made kefir and cut out most of my anti fungals and I noticed my rashes and pimples are starting to heal and My healh overall has improved tremendously but the SD is still there.

warm weather is coming and I am hoping that it was go away for awhile and give me a break till next winter. Hopefully the diet will be working well enough to fight it by then.

How is ketoderm working out for you? I have so many different creams and natural products in my bathroom. Right now what has been doing wonders for my ears has been a garlic/ACV solution that I just lightly rub throughout the day followed quickly by a&d. If I leave it be, my ears get dry and crack which is painful. But right now they are no longer bright red but a light pink color. Not sure if its the diet, the Kefir, or the Garlic/ACV but its improving and I am not changing anything right now lol.

blakek89

Marbro wrote: I was diagnosed in 2008 though I know I had earlier. I was given shampoo at the time because it basically only effected my scalp and behind the ears during the winter.

Fast forward to this past winter and It has effected my face, grion,ears( inside ) and scalp. The shampoo is worthless I gave up on it last year.

The diet has not gotten rid of it for me but I have not been on it for very long. In fact, because of the die off I got rashes and pimples where I have never gotten them before, like on my legs and chest. I started consuming a lot of home made kefir and cut out most of my anti fungals and I noticed my rashes and pimples are starting to heal and My healh overall has improved tremendously but the SD is still there.

warm weather is coming and I am hoping that it was go away for awhile and give me a break till next winter. Hopefully the diet will be working well enough to fight it by then.

How is ketoderm working out for you? I have so many different creams and natural products in my bathroom. Right now what has been doing wonders for my ears has been a garlic/ACV solution that I just lightly rub throughout the day followed quickly by a&d. If I leave it be, my ears get dry and crack which is painful. But right now they are no longer bright red but a light pink color. Not sure if its the diet, the Kefir, or the Garlic/ACV but its improving and I am not changing anything right now lol.

It has been so long for me that I could even remember what the peeling scabs felt like. I first noticed it when I stopped washing my face which cleared my acne but I started getting really oily yellowish scales and didn’t think to much about it. Time went on it got worse and worse I thought it was my skin healing, so after about a month and a half I went to the doctor I suspected it was SD he confirmed it. He told me a yeast/fungus is responsible and I brought up the diet he supported it gave me some tips and gave me 3 day fluconazole which I never took. I tried threelac and coconut oil for 8 months didn’t change even when I was on NO carbs. I have heard that the cause can sometimes be from skin trauma to emotional trauma, at right around the same time that I developed this I had broken up with a girl I was heartbroken for a really long time almost depressed which I really think contributed to it, and from January to may 2010 I did 3 courses of antibiotics for sinus infections and nasal staph infections. In April 2011 I did 2 courses 20 days of antibiotics for a dog bite that got infected. So there has been lots of antibiotic use recently only contributing to it.

However when I use ketoderm I almost never have a flare up, my only symptom is redness and oiliness no flakes around my nose or on it. I have mild dandruff also.

PS I also have Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis

My doctor also hypothesized that my unknown inflammation in my body is causing all of this. Like what I mean is that my C Reactive Protein levels are off the chart, a physical two years ago showed my body was at .2mg/L and 3mg/L or more is highest risk for cardiovascular inflammatory disease. My levels lately were 29mg/L. I have looked into it and Astaxanthin Vitamin A antioxidant (gives salmon their pink colour) significantly reduces CRP levels by at least 20% in a double blind study. I have heard GLA, Bromelain, and quercetin will all help with the histamine reaction of SD.

I have read on different forums of peopling curing SD from the Candida diet and using lots of antifungals and probiotics like sauerkraut and kefir so I am very optimistic. Also http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/238227.php

This skin disease is very depressing I know but I have faith that there will either be a cure soon enough or that the diet will eventually return the microflora back to the original state.

Blake

blakek89

Marbro

I hear ya, the SD is soooo depressing and I had been optimistic about the next great medical soap, or cream, or anti-fungal being the one thing that helped. But I admit I am broken now and just depressed.

The one good thing I have learned about the diet is that in the end it will improve my health. Outside of SD another huge problem in my life was with my stomach. I woke up with morning sickness…im a guy.. and I felt like I was always on the verge of vomiting throughout the day. Some days bad some days I didn’t notice so much. When I went hiking out in the mountains I pushed myself very hard and it was only really then where I didn’t feel so sick. I am 100% confident that the stress of my divorce and my job played a big role in my candida outbreak and the reason why this winter my SD is out of control.

But back to the one good thing. My stomach issues are gone. I am not sure if it was all the home made kefir or the diet or both. But now its all about stomping out candida and hopefully ..get rid of SD.

Hopefully the diet solves the inflammation in your body. Hopefully you feel better soon.

“I have heard GLA, Bromelain, and quercetin will all help with the histamine reaction of SD.”

Thanks for that,I will research.

Keep fighting!

Marbro

Marbro

blakek89 wrote: Seborrhoeic dermatitis is not caused by an altered immune response to Malassezia yeast

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2133.1998.02362.x/abstract;jsessionid=A47186B60554E78A034D33FD7EE17A71.d01t03?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+3+Dec+from+10-12+GMT+for+monthly+maintenance

interesting. This conflicts with earlier studies thats for sure but they are on the right track. Hopefully a cure is around the corner. I still need to get rid of candida and hopefully the proper diet puts my body in a better posistion to fight off SD. Either way there is no known cure only treatment that I am aware of.

blakek89

@Marbro

Have you heard of the raw honey virgin coconut oil treatment/cure?

Im going to give this a try in the summer when I’m off school. I have heard it completely clears up SD and only once a week mask keeps it completely at bay.

Instructions

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?20789-Seb-derm-Treating-seborrheic-dermatitis-with-raw-honey-and-virgin-coconut-oil.

Marbro

blakek89 wrote: @Marbro

Have you heard of the raw honey virgin coconut oil treatment/cure?

Im going to give this a try in the summer when I’m off school. I have heard it completely clears up SD and only once a week mask keeps it completely at bay.

Instructions

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?20789-Seb-derm-Treating-seborrheic-dermatitis-with-raw-honey-and-virgin-coconut-oil.

cool thanks, I have a jar of raw honey that i have not touched since starting the candida diet. I might give this a try. I aready know from experience that coconut oil alone will not clear it up.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t have seb. derm. and haven’t had it as far as I know. I have ringworm and have had it for the last 10 years. It is finally clearing up for the first time with a few small patches remaining…

The ringworm is caused by parasites so I am taking anti-parasite supplements and homeopathics. About 3 weeks ago I actually experienced “die-off” from the parasites which made me pretty ill for the weekend.

I know one guy who was once on the forum who had seb. derm. His screenname is timmyb and was on here regularly 6 months ago. The candida diet didn’t help his problem and actually made it worse. He ended up going to a naturopath who put him on an anti-inflammatory diet which is similar but different than the candida diet. She also put him on homeopathics. I haven’t seen him on the forum since, I don’t know why…

-raster

blakek89

Marbro wrote: I am not sure what is helping could be a combo of diet and oil I use. But I use coconut oil and oregano oil. Oregano oil burns but coconut oil is refreshing. I started with coocunt oil and it seemed to be working around my ears and when my oregano came in I started using that as well and now my rash above my upper lip and around my nose is starting to clear up. I am not 100% what is doing it and I dont care 🙂 I am just happy that its clearing up.

@Marbro was your SD clearing up with the coconut oil and oregano oil?

blakek89

raster wrote: I don’t have seb. derm. and haven’t had it as far as I know. I have ringworm and have had it for the last 10 years. It is finally clearing up for the first time with a few small patches remaining…

The ringworm is caused by parasites so I am taking anti-parasite supplements and homeopathics. About 3 weeks ago I actually experienced “die-off” from the parasites which made me pretty ill for the weekend.

I know one guy who was once on the forum who had seb. derm. His screenname is timmyb and was on here regularly 6 months ago. The candida diet didn’t help his problem and actually made it worse. He ended up going to a naturopath who put him on an anti-inflammatory diet which is similar but different than the candida diet. She also put him on homeopathics. I haven’t seen him on the forum since, I don’t know why…

-raster

Sorry, Raster I guess I am misremembering from an old post where I swear I saw you write you had it, my bad.

Marbro

blakek89 wrote:

I am not sure what is helping could be a combo of diet and oil I use. But I use coconut oil and oregano oil. Oregano oil burns but coconut oil is refreshing. I started with coocunt oil and it seemed to be working around my ears and when my oregano came in I started using that as well and now my rash above my upper lip and around my nose is starting to clear up. I am not 100% what is doing it and I dont care 🙂 I am just happy that its clearing up.

I had the most luck with tea tree oil. In fact I still use tea tree shampoo and I dont have any flaking on my scalp. But the oil, including cocounut and oregano( i had high hopes for oregano) did not do enough improvement to comment on. I have since stopped using those oils on my face and ears. Its seems my skin cracks more and it stings pretty good when i am using those oils daily. I might have been using too much, not sure but im taking a break from it none the less. Now I just eat them for antifungals on the candida diet.

blakek89

Marbro wrote:

I am not sure what is helping could be a combo of diet and oil I use. But I use coconut oil and oregano oil. Oregano oil burns but coconut oil is refreshing. I started with coocunt oil and it seemed to be working around my ears and when my oregano came in I started using that as well and now my rash above my upper lip and around my nose is starting to clear up. I am not 100% what is doing it and I dont care 🙂 I am just happy that its clearing up.

I had the most luck with tea tree oil. In fact I still use tea tree shampoo and I dont have any flaking on my scalp. But the oil, including cocounut and oregano( i had high hopes for oregano) did not do enough improvement to comment on. I have since stopped using those oils on my face and ears. Its seems my skin cracks more and it stings pretty good when i am using those oils daily. I might have been using too much, not sure but im taking a break from it none the less. Now I just eat them for antifungals on the candida diet.

You know what really helped my mild dandruff, was warming coconut oil lathering on my scalp and letting it sit there for a couple of hours. 3 time only application in a week period and it’s gone.

blakek89

I also use for shampoo desert essence coconut and several drops of pure tea tree oil.
    The coconut oil that I lathered in lasted about a month until I started getting lots of die off from the diet.

Marbro

blakek89 wrote: I also use for shampoo desert essence coconut and several drops of pure tea tree oil.
    The coconut oil that I lathered in lasted about a month until I started getting lots of die off from the diet.

So the cocount oil has been working for your face to? I may go back to it but I need to heal up a bit. I think, the die offs from the diet like you mentioned is playing a role in stuff not working.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, or any rash Thread (Who has it lets hear your story)’ is closed to new replies.