Seborrheic dermatitis – Antifungals make it so much worse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Seborrheic dermatitis – Antifungals make it so much worse

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheEggy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #91013

    LeilaP
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

    I’ve just got my lab results, which confirmed that I have a very high candida infestation (10^7-10^9). Thanks God, I don’t have any parasites or leaky gut though. I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis 5 years ago, but as it was quite mild, I managed to control it with creams and, of course, I have never heard of Candida at that time. Seb dermatitis has always been my main symptom. It has become much worse over years, so I have decided to try Candida diet.
    I have started it two month ago. The combination of diet and Threelac helped me a lot. I know, that Treelac is not the best probiotic on the market, but unfortunately I found this website just recently, so my treatment of Candida started with lots of errors and trials.
    Anyway, as my dermatitis is improving considerably with the diet and probiotics, it becomes almost unbearable with antifungals. I tried to introduce organic coconut oil slowly into my diet, but even 1 tablespoon in TWO-THREE days causes really bad die-off. I work full-time and study part-time, so I find it quite difficult to cope, as it affects my facial skin mainly and area around my eyes. Apart from looking and feeling absolutely dreadful, my eyes become very sore, so it’s very painful to read or to use a computer. Home-made kefir has almost the same effect; I can tolerate a quarter of small glass a day only. So I was wondering whether I should forget about anti-fungal for a time being and concentrate on taking probiotics only? Are there weaker antifungals which I could possibly start with? Has anyone had a success with curing seborrehic dermatitis with Candida Diet and which supplements I should try to make my dermatitis better?
    Many thanks in advance.

    #91016

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    LeilaP;29407 wrote: I’ve just got my lab results, which confirmed that I have a very high candida infestation (10^7-10^9). Thanks God, I don’t have any parasites or leaky gut though. I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis 5 years ago, but as it was quite mild, I managed to control it with creams and, of course, I have never heard of Candida at that time. Seb dermatitis has always been my main symptom. It has become much worse over years, so I have decided to try Candida diet.
    I have started it two month ago. The combination of diet and Threelac helped me a lot. I know, that Treelac is not the best probiotic on the market, but unfortunately I found this website just recently, so my treatment of Candida started with lots of errors and trials.
    Anyway, as my dermatitis is improving considerably with the diet and probiotics, it becomes almost unbearable with antifungals. I tried to introduce organic coconut oil slowly into my diet, but even 1 tablespoon in TWO-THREE days causes really bad die-off. I work full-time and study part-time, so I find it quite difficult to cope, as it affects my facial skin mainly and area around my eyes. Apart from looking and feeling absolutely dreadful, my eyes become very sore, so it’s very painful to read or to use a computer. Home-made kefir has almost the same effect; I can tolerate a quarter of small glass a day only. So I was wondering whether I should forget about anti-fungal for a time being and concentrate on taking probiotics only? Are there weaker antifungals which I could possibly start with? Has anyone had a success with curing seborrehic dermatitis with Candida Diet and which supplements I should try to make my dermatitis better?
    Many thanks in advance.

    Leaving all of the antifungals out of your treatment is acceptable if they’re causing you too much discomfort. However, the problem is most likely being caused by the die-off toxins from the dying Candida, and this can be treated. I would continue taking the probiotic and even drinking at least one glass (4-6 ounces) a day of homemade kefir. Are you taking anything to help prevent the die-off symptoms?

    Able

    #91020

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    You body is detoxing via the skin when it should be detoxing via the liver. There are three ways to detox toxins; via the skin, via the lungs, and via the bowels (aka the liver). If you try sweating out the toxins by doing a steam room, hot tub, sauna, jacuzzi, or even hot bath, you will likely notice that your skin will improve. Your liver may be too taxed right now so your body could be detoxing via the other methods. Are you taking anything to protect your liver from die-off toxins?

    Vitamin C is great for the skin and is the only vitamin that the human body does not produce. Be sure to supplement yourself with some vitamin C.

    Dr. Mcoomb’s feels that anyone who has skin problems is not producing enough HCL (hydro-chloric acid); if you supplement yourself with some betaine HCL or zypan, you likely will notice an improvement or complete reduction in your skin problems.

    -raster

    #91021

    LeilaP
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

    Hi Able,
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am taking molybdenum chelate and milk thistle. How long shall I leave antifungals out for? Shall I eliminate them from my treatment completely? I was also diagnosed with very low mucosa immune system which apparently allows fungi to settle on me easily. However I consider myself relatively healthy, my only problem is my facial skin which causes so much embarrassment on a daily basis.

    #91022

    LeilaP
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

    Hi Raster,
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am taking molybdenum chelate and milk thistle. I don’t really have an opportunity to use a steam room, hot tub, sauna, jacuzzi, but I will definitely try hot bath. Raster, have you ever heard of the following combination of supplements to cure eczema or dermatitis? 75 mg of zinc carnosine 10 mg of biotin and 2000 to 10000 of msm – what do you think about it? Does it make sense to try?

    #91026

    TheEggy
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

    I am also curious about how to deal with the body detoxing through the skin. The flare ups I’m getting are so severe, I can’t stop scratching. I get eczema on my palms, all over my fingers, neck and shins. Recently I started getting one around my mouth, which I’ve NEVER had! I am on week 6 of the protocol (strict diet). Three weeks into the diet my skin looked healthier than it had in years! The diet was working so nicely that I introduced pasture raised organic chicken into my with some roasted rutabaga (love rutabaga!) I’ve had reactions to rutabaga before so I wasn’t surprised to experience die off, but since then my eczema has just gotten worse and worse. I took the chicken out of my diet, except for homemade soup stock. I was also taking coconut oil everyday as an anti-fungal but have since stopped.

    I also noticed that topical moisturizers i.e coconut oil and lotions can really irritate my skin and Im not sure why. I must be clear, I use high quality lotions, no artificial anything in them but I get crazy break out all over my skin when I put a large amount of coconut oil on it.

    I just upped my probiotic intake to two capsules a day (Megaflora one in the morning, one at night) and added vitamin c with rosehips as well as magneseum supplements to my diet. I have also started to soak my hands in epson salt every night which has helped with repairing the skin but does nothing for the itch. Every morning I consume a detox drink of 3 cloves of garlic, a nice chunk of ginger, EVOO, cold nettle leaf/rosehip tea and spurilina. All my lunches have fresh garlic in the too.

    I’m pretty sure I have a terrible case of leaky gut as I’ve had food allergies my whole life as well (none of which show up on a blood test). After every meal I get just the slightest bit itchy. I’m terrified of stating anti-fungals again.

    Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, I’m just in so much pain. My hands hurt all the time from the skin being broken.

    I don’t like jacuzzis because of the chlorine and I can’t go to mineral baths until school is on break.

    Any advice given is greatly appreciated. I realize my thoughts are all scattered, but I’m getting pretty desperate.

    #91027

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    LeilaP;29416 wrote: Hi Raster,
    Raster, have you ever heard of the following combination of supplements to cure eczema or dermatitis? 75 mg of zinc carnosine 10 mg of biotin and 2000 to 10000 of msm – what do you think about it? Does it make sense to try?

    I would be very wary of MSM and would research it further. I don’t know much about it. I wouldn’t plan on a cure occurring overnight.

    Zinc and biotin are very important for your recovery but am unsure whether they are good for treating enzema.

    -raster

    #91028

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    My naturopath prescribes cataplex E2 for skin problems. Here is some general information about it:

    http://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process-Document-Library/Product-Detail-Sheets/cataplexe23850.pdf

    “Vitamin E and selenium ar powerful antioxidants that support tissues throughout the body, and together, help the health of serveral organs like the heart, lungs, and liver. While each substance is capable of neutralizing hamrful free radicals on its own, research strongly suggest that their combined efforts yield even greater health benefits. Selenium intensifies vitamin E absorption, thereby increasing their combined influence on maintaining cellular health.”

    Take your vitamins folks!

    -raster

    #91029

    LeilaP
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

    How bizarre, I have dermatitis but it seems like I am going through exactly the same problem as theEggy. 3 weeks of dieting made my skin look so much better, but since I introduced coconut oil it has become unbearable. I started getting flare-ups in areas where I have never had them before, ex. my eyes and my back which was quite strange considering dermatitis normally affects only face and scalp. I didn’t have much luck in applying coconut oil topically either. My stool test showed that I don’t have leaky gut, but I have itchy spots/hives on my cheeks from time to time after meal. I think it is an allergic reaction on food. Just so confused with antifungals and not sure whether I should take them at all.

    #91039

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    LeilaP;29423 wrote: How bizarre, I have dermatitis but it seems like I am going through exactly the same problem as theEggy. 3 weeks of dieting made my skin look so much better, but since I introduced coconut oil it has become unbearable. I started getting flare-ups in areas where I have never had them before, ex. my eyes and my back which was quite strange considering dermatitis normally affects only face and scalp. I didn’t have much luck in applying coconut oil topically either. My stool test showed that I don’t have leaky gut, but I have itchy spots/hives on my cheeks from time to time after meal. I think it is an allergic reaction on food. Just so confused with antifungals and not sure whether I should take them at all.

    Coconut oil will help the Candida infestation in the long run; there is no way it cannot. However, as the body heals, often toxins are released via the skin which often accounts for a worsening of the rashes. Drink more water than you’ve ever had before to wash the toxins out, and whatever you do, do not allow yourself to become constipated.

    You can stop the antifungals indefinitely since they will not be the ultimate cure of the infestation.

    Able

    #91333

    TheEggy
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

    Just an update:

    I have since introduced kefir into my diet. AMAZING! My skin began to heal OVERNIGHT! The cracks on the sides of my mouth are gone and so is the rash around it! I still get itchy and still scratch at my skin but it isn’t as bad as it was. The brand I drink Is Redwood Organic Goat Kefir. They’re from Sonoma county which is where I live. It’s delicious, low in sugar (goat milk has a lower sugar content) and easier on the stomach than most milk products. It also has 10 different strains of cultures. I can drink a whole liter and not get a reaction, I like to add shredded coconut 🙂

    I can’t wait to make my own kefir (especially since it’s cheaper).

    Side note; i have noticed a bit of extra mucus in the sinuses but nothing debilitating, it’ll probably subside if i lessen how much kefir i drink.

    happy healing!

    #91334

    TheEggy
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

    One more thing!

    raw apple cider vinegar with water; DRINK IT! SO helpful. I’ve even put it on my skin to help with itching. It burns like the dickens BUT it helps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Seborrheic dermatitis – Antifungals make it so much worse’ is closed to new replies.