Search functions not as good right now

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support Search functions not as good right now

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anna 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wanted to search posts by dvjorge or danny33, and I cannot search by user now and so it makes it very difficult to find something specific they posted.  Before you could search by user.  Please fix if possible or let me know of another way to do it.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Raster I’ll look into it and see if we can do something. In the meantime, just searching for the user’s name + the search term should help. e.g. “danny33 probiotics”

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

anna
    Keymaster

I wanted to search posts by dvjorge or danny33, and I cannot search by user now and so it makes it very difficult to find something specific they posted. Before you could search by user. Please fix if possible or let me know of another way to do it.

OK! It took a while to get the custom code written, but I think we’ve done it. Take a look in the search box at the top right. You can now search for both a search term/phrase AND filter by author. Let me know what you think!

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

anna
    Keymaster

One thing I should note – you can’t just leave the top search field empty and search for all posts by a certain user. We might be able to code that in later, but for now there needs to be something entered in the top search field.

If you need to find all posts by someone, just pull up their profile and you can find all their posts there 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search functions not as good right now’ is closed to new replies.