sea salt

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Whoops, more mistakes…I think. I read on here that Himalayan sea salt is the best way to go. So I was at trader joes and saw Himalayan pink salt in a grinder, that looked like sea salt. It didn’t occur to me there could be regular himalayan salt. I’m guessing this is no good and should just go back to plain sea salt?

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Is there a difference between himalayan pink salt and himalayan pink sea salt? I would have thought that they’d both be acceptable.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’m hoping they are too. But I am unsure. Maybe raster or able can tell us?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

yisucks wrote:
    Whoops, more mistakes…I think. I read on here that Himalayan sea salt is the best way to go. So I was at trader joes and saw Himalayan pink salt in a grinder, that looked like sea salt. It didn’t occur to me there could be regular himalayan salt. I’m guessing this is no good and should just go back to plain sea salt?

Himalayan pink salt is fine; as long as the ingredients read “Salt” or “Himalayan pink salt.”

Able

minex
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

yisucks wrote:

as my information Himalayan salt found in caves, Himalayan salt is not available in sea salt form. only harvest from salt range.

minexintl

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Apparently, the thing that makes it pink is inorganic iron. Celtic sea salt might be a better replacement if that’s true. I doubt anything is completely free of toxins nowadays though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sea salt’ is closed to new replies.