Scary possible die-off symptoms…and some help with research

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Scary possible die-off symptoms…and some help with research

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

smithsonian
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all

I am a journalist working on a story about my battles with what I suspect to be Candida – and I’d really appreciate some advice from those in the know (as it’s quite frankly ruining my life and making me very miserable!). Apologies in advance for the length of this post. A little history: too many courses of antibiotics over the years, sugar/carb-filled diet, yearly bouts of thrush, fungal infections in the groin, pitoriasis versicolor, fatigue, brain fog, constant tongue problems, memory worsening, recent feelings of depression etc. I travel frequently to third world countries due to my work, so eat a poor diet and don’t get enough rest. I’ve always got ill a lot and had a weak immune system. I was (until recently) a sugar fiend and could buzz through a giant bag of sweets in minutes – plus, I’ve abused my body with alcohol severely down the years.

About a month ago, I decided I had to get to the bottom of my problems, after a year of stomach problems and one particular bout of thrush which lead to my scrotum and penis becoming very red and sore and severe tingles down my legs and in my buttocks. Cue all manner of tests at the doctors which so far have come back with nothing. When I mentioned candida as a possible cause, it was pretty much dismissed. However, my sister suffers with it badly and has been diagnosed. I believe my symptoms all point to candida, though I have had no official confirmation.

So…to the treatment which as been wreaking havoc on my body. After the initial problems I went on a course of Fluconozole, which led to terrible patches and growths on tongue. I also came out in a rash on my chest and face, got itchy eyes, shivers all over and tingles down legs got worse. I then decided to cut out all refined sugar, alcohol, caffeine, yeast-containing foods, dairy etc. However I must admit to not following the diet to the letter of the law and still allow myself the occasional potato/rice dish, ketchup etc.

I have upped my intake of garlic, probiotics and yoghurt and also got Yeast Raiders from Holland and Barratt (has anyone tried these?). I use aloe vera for skin flare ups and salt water for my mouth, plus epsom bath soaks. Over the last couple of weeks, the tingling all over has got worse and is particularly noticeable after taking the supplements – especially down my arms and in my hands, even in my eyes. My skin is flushing a lot too and I have rashes in the skin folds of my stomach. So..I’ve cut down on the supplements a bit. Today, my tongue is bad again and it looks as though infection has spread to my throat. Lips: red, especially in the corner, hands freezing and tingling. Whilst the tip of my penis is still red, the itching around my groin etc is not so bad.

I’m worried that I may have caused nerve damage with the Fluconozole or had a bad reaction to it. Could these symptoms really all be related to die-off and detox effects on my body? Could I be allergic to substances I am taking? Or am I not killing any off and I simply have a severe case of candidiasis? It’s been about three weeks now and it’s like a lottery every time I wake up…what will the next reaction be? I’m also desperate as this could affect my ability to travel with my work. My immune system feels shot…

I’d really appreciate any help and advice!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Hey, smithsonian. It sounds like you’re probably having really terrible die-off because your liver and immune system are so shot. Most people who are regularly on this forum are following a protocol and diet list put together by users Able900 and raster. The protocol is here: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx and you can send a PM to Able900 to get a copy of the diet list. It’s pretty comprehensive, and there are good links on the protocol thread to information about supplements, antifungals, probiotics, etc.

smithsonian

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Do you know anything of these Yeast Raider tablets? They contain:

Fibre Blend (Psyllium Seed Husks, Guar Gum, Apple Pectin), Dicalcium Phosphate, Capsule Shell (Gelatine), Anti-Caking Agents (Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate), Barberry, Odourless Garlic Extract, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Proprietary Blend (Pau D’Arco, Onion Powder, Black Walnut, Echinacea, Goldenseal), Zinc Oxide, Ginger, Thyme, Cinnamon, d-Biotin, Sodium Selenate.

shayfo

I don’t have any experience with them, but I do know that both of the knowledgeable forum members I mentioned above advise against using barberry, goldenseal, or any other antifungal herbs containing berberine, since berberine can destroy good gut flora and damage the intestines. Apparently, it can also deplete minerals in the body, and is linked to raising blood pressure.

I would be somewhat suspicious of any supplement that combines fiber, antifungals, probiotics, and vitamins all in one tablet.

smithsonian

Hmm, thanks – you’re a star. That was the impression I’ve been getting from others! 20 quid down the drain 😉

Sorry, one more question…are my symptoms normal: tingling all over, in hands, eyes, face, groin, rashes, exacerbation of existing symptoms etc? If this is die-off, I don’t like it much!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

These are pretty normal symptoms. I would check out another thread from yesterday in regards to what to do to get better:

The rashes are pretty abnormal from my experience, because I never really got any. I believe you are possibly overloading your liver. Many other users experience these symptoms though…

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6450_Need-encouragement—17-weeks-into-treatment-and-still-so-bad.aspx

The body detoxes via a few basic methods, via the skin, the lungs, and the bowels (filtered by liver and kidneys). If your liver and kidneys are not working properly, your body may detox via the other methods.

-raster

shayfo

Like raster says, people have different symptoms, both for infestation and for die-off, and rashes can be one of them. I agree that it’s probably because your liver and/or kidneys are overloaded with toxins. When you kill yeast, they release toxins…so when you kill a LOT of yeast, they release a LOT of toxins.

smithsonian

Thanks for this guys. Rasta – I have been reading in depth about Chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis. I believe this may be what I have…the red, burning testicles and top of penis that have been here for weeks and respond to no treatment. The tongue patches and skin on my mouth that literally wipes away and appears inflamed all the time. The constant skin eruptions. What do you know about this condition? Is it treatable? And is it contagious?

Jujublue
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Smithsonian, I feel your pain the skin rashes from Candida have completely derailed and devastated my life. They are miserable and mine increased like crazy as soon as I started tackling the problem. On a positive note, after 17 weeks of faithful treatment/diet my chest, arms, hands and neck look a ton better, but my poor face is still taking a beating. Raster brought up our livers being stressed as to why our skin is the dumping ground of choice for the toxins, I agree, I have had to be on anti seizure meds for the past 23 years and my liver was very congested. Two months ago I took up the daily habit of coffee enemas to clean my liver and have gotten out literally hundreds of stones, now my liver seems to be really clean but I’m still having skin issues. Coffee enemas are not for everyone but I follow the blog of the Wellness Warrior of Australia for coffee enema info (and more) she’s awesome! Anyway, combating this illness is a long journey, I wish I could offer you more comfort and say that this doesn’t last long but it’s the kind of thing that takes 110% commitment to get better and yeah, it lasts a long time and kicks your butt physically and emotionally. This forum is helpful not only with information but support from fellow sufferers/survivors. Best of luck, I hope things go well for you.

Kag
    Replies: 402

I don’t know much about this disorder yet but aren’t there things you can take to support your liver and make the die-off not so bad? I read something on here about that but don’t remember what it was. Able would know.

Katie

Kag
    Replies: 402

Oh and I forgot to mention, I use a tea tree oil mouthwash. I have a problem with an intermittent rash on my lips and I find it is great for that. It is also very nice for your breath. 🙂

Katie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Smith, welcome to the forum.

A couple of “Don’t” for you first:

Don’t take the Yeast Raider tablets at all. The first clue that this is a faulty supplement is the fact that the company has combined antifungals with probiotics. Common sense dictates that you can’t combine these two simply because the antifungals will destroy the bacteria that the probiotic contains. It also contains berberine which should be completely avoided.

Don’t do coffee enemas as someone suggested; over time this will only weaken your adrenals even more so.

Don’t take anymore antifungals until you’ve started Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and have taken it for three days straight, then you can start back on whatever treatment you choose. Drink lots of water and take either saunas or soak in hot tubs of water to help remove the Candida aldehyde toxins. These are causing a lot of your problems right now.

You would benefit from reading the protocol which most of the members are following. If your immune system feels “shot” as you wrote, that’s because it is. The protocol and diet are designed to heal the immune system and the adrenals, as well as the Candida overgrowth and leaky gut syndrome.

Testimonies to the Protocol
    The Forum’s Protocol

Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scary possible die-off symptoms…and some help with research’ is closed to new replies.