savory buckwheat pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast savory buckwheat pancakes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I found this recipe while searching on line for a non sweet pancake. Because, in my opinion, a pancake needs syrup period. I’ve been enjoying these for a week now and have been making different variations.

1/4 cup buckwheat flour (or your choice)
    1/4 cup buckwheat seed
    1/6 tsp baking soda
    1/6 tsp salt (or to taste)
    1 Tbsp sugar (I omitted)
    1/3 cup Kefir (or buttermilk)
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp oil (I use olive)

Sift dry ingredients. Beat wet ingredients and add to dry. Mix until smooth.

I found these a little boring so I added a dash of oregano, thyme, marjoram, basil, garlic powder,etc. It was good.

I decided they needed greens. So, I put in well drained frozen spinach.

My latest addition was fried onions.

I find these very satisfying in the morning. I’m not a very big eater, so 1 recipe does me 3-4 breakfasts, depending if I have an egg with it or not. It is a somewhat heavier pancake, but with these changes, worth it. I think next time I’ll try broccoli.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I have not made kefir, and I do not want to use buttermilk. Do you think using coconut milk instead would work? Or do you need a thick type of milk?
    Thanks,
    Lauren

mariegirl

I don’t know. The original recipe called for buttermilk. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. It’s worth a shot.

I eat these pancakes with fried zucchini. But I find that I can’t it too much.

enjoy
    mariegirl

mariegirl

I need to comment on the recipe that I posted. The original recipe called for buckwheat seed, but I only had cream of buckwheat so I used that. This morning I tried the seed and had it soaked over night in the batter. I must admit, the pancakes made with the cream of buckwheat were better in my opinion.

mariegirl

carriel
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 37

Hi Mariegirl-
    Made your recipe for dinner tonight (with sauteed onions, garlic, broccoli & spices) and they were a REALLY nice change from straight veggies! Thanks so much for posting it!! Drizzled them with a good dollop of ‘yogurt sauce’ (greek yogurt, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, evo, salt and a dash of cayenne) VERY satisfying!! My Boyfriend was eating pizza right next to me and the savory pancakes got me through!!
    Thanks!!
    Carrie

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

What is the best brand to use for buckwheat to make these?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I like bob’s red mill products the most personally. They are made in town here!

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

raster do they carry it at whole foods or should i just order it online?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘savory buckwheat pancakes’ is closed to new replies.