saunas cause die off symptoms? /make you feel worse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions saunas cause die off symptoms? /make you feel worse?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

I was having saunas five days a week to help with die off, but then was so busy with work for the last month I couldn’t fit any saunas in.

In that month my symptoms decreased quite dramatically.

In the last two days I started saunas again and suddenly feel awful again.

All my symptoms have returned, extreme fatigue, aches and pains, tearfulness, etc.

I’m presuming this is the sauna stirring up the system (lymph?) and making toxins move around again?

But should I push through and keep on and see if it levels out, presumably expelling some of these toxins through the saunas?

Or should I stop them?

Any advice mosssst welcome!

Thanks,

Mark, UK

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You could be overdoing the saunas, try to limit use to about 10 minutes or so. One problem with saunas is they can remove too many minerals from your body, so this might be what is going on with you.

Have you ever had your thyroid checked?

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

thanks raster

i am doing them for 20-30 minutes

do you not recommend saunas for candida/die off then lots of people seem to

had thyroid checked a while back and was fine.

anyone else have thoughts on saunas/die off?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The aches and pains can relate directly to hydration, inflammation, and minerals…all 3 of these topics are inter-related. If you are dehydrated, this causes inflammation, and when you have inflammation…you lose minerals. So you may have lost too many fluids that day and became inflamed.

I personally use the sauna to the point where I start sweating, and then I sweat for 5 minutes. If I overdo it, I feel like crap for a few days. So thats like 10 minutes.

-raster

J10101
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi lockie,

In my limited experience with an FIR sauna, I used it for about a week , 30mins a day, sweated lots and I believe started to feel much better (maybe less toxic load?).

Unfortunately I then started to feel like I had a case of severe internal sunburn (felt hot and red raw like a lobster but with no external sign of burns). Still no idea what this was but it lasted for months and still has not fully cleared up. Not at all pleasant, but I haven’t found others here reporting any issues like this.

But when I had to stop I actually felt WORSE than before I started using the sauna and wondered if this was because a lymph detox pathway was now activated but not available (like, as you say, “toxins moving round”).

So, excluding this “burn” issue, my limited experience appears the opposite of yours – ie. I felt better when using, worse when stopped. Don’t know if this helps, but maybe adds to the mix.

Cheers

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Personally, I tan on occasion, mainly for sweating and vitamin D, and it makes me feel ten times better!!!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Heat increases inflammation. People with conditions like cfs and ms almost always feel worse in the heat.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks although I don’t have MS or CFS, but I’m starting to question whether saunas are good as my symptoms are considerably worse since starting them again.

I found this on my searches for opinions:

Do not over–exercise or do treatments that cause you to sweat too much, i.e. sauna, hot baths, steam rooms, etc. since they mobilize toxins and cause more detoxifying symptoms than are necessary.

I really think this is what has happened, mobilised toxins and maybe inflammation too.

When I try to exercise (gentle v short jogs or fast walks) I get the same too, all my symptoms come back worse.

So I’m wondering whether to do saunas at all??? Or should I push through and get more of these toxins out?

Also my local sauna is electric and not sure that is even that effective for detox? Maybe will ask that in a separate post.

Thanks all!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘saunas cause die off symptoms? /make you feel worse?’ is closed to new replies.