Sauerkraut on the Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sauerkraut on the Protocol

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  approximately_me 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I was wondering if there was a reason that sauerkraut wasn’t recommended alongside or as highly as kefir on this forum’s protocol (i.e. given that some people react to the lactose or sugar in milk or water kefir and that some people do quite well on sauerkraut).

Cheers

S

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hey!!! I just planted 72 cabbages!! I will be making a shit load of sauerkraut this fall so hurry and get better and i will share it with you!! … Along with my kefir of course ; )
    Take care!
    : )

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Sauerkraut and kim chi are included on Able’s stricter diet, to be used in conjunction with the protocol. Homemade sauerkraut has personally been my major probiotic food, since I don’t do dairy at all and I question the potency of coconut milk kefir (which I also make).

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

But to answer your question, I’m guessing Able used kefir more than he used sauerkraut, and the protocol is based largely on what he did to cure himself.

approximately_me

Thanks guys, and thank you Julia! That’s a truckload of cabbage! Wow! I don’t see any reason to wait until I’m cured to start the sauerkraut though. While I had a reaction to kefir, I can’t think of any reason I might to the kraut. It seems like a pretty risk free venture. We’ll see. My first batch should be read by the weekend.

Peyt
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 51

Sauerkraut is great!
    The last 3 days that I started Coconut oil I was getting really bad headaches… I thought it was due to Die-off effects … but I then happen to eat some Sauerkraut with my meal that I cooked with Coconut oil and NO HEADACHE!!! 🙂

Historically I got headaches when I ate a fatty meal in the past. I realized it has nothing to do with Die off !! It has to do with Bile flow. Bile is responsible to digest fat by breaking it down so Lipase digest it… Since I always had poor bile flow eating fatty meals(Made with Coconut oil) was making it worst… Sauerkraut helps with bile flow (Cabbage does) so basically now everytime I want to eat Coconut oil I take it with Sauerkraut and NO headache!

Off course this is just my case… everyone is different!

The only thing about Sauerkraut is it makes gas, so I take some Beano with it and I am fine!

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

YAY! I just wasn’t sure if it was allowed on this sites diet plan or not (hence the ‘get better’ part of my message). In this case you will be an expert at making it by fall and you can come out and help me make mine!! YAY! Fun time ahead I can tell! : D

Take care!

: )

approximately_me

Awesome! Sounds like fun, Julia!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sauerkraut on the Protocol’ is closed to new replies.