Saccharomyces Boulardii? Enemas? Help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Saccharomyces Boulardii? Enemas? Help!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wwells
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

So i just recently found this forum and I cant tell you how happy I am that I have. I have also been reading a lot on curezone and at the moment i feel SO confused. I believe I have a candida overgrowth problem, at least this is what the kinesiologiest (?) told me, and after a lot of reading i got why. She put me on a very strict diet and Dr. Ohhiras probiotics and Pau d’arco. Due to not really feeling better and being kind of tired of trying to follow such a strict diet I kind of fell of the wagon as you say.

So to make a long story short, I have discovered that the symptoms I’m having not only are from a candida overgrowth but also a hormonal imbalance. So I’m treating that right now with bio-identical progesterone cream and just regular supplements like c-vitamin and b complex. (Though it kind of feels like I cant really absorb any of the supplements I’m taking at the moment, if thats all in my head or true I don’t really know, but deep down i believe the first alternative).

Anyway I still feel that my body just is highly toxic and i want it gone. Unfortunately due to just feeling like nothing ever works, my diet isn’t great at the moment. I’m working on that. At the same time I’m SO fed up with feeling like crap and having my life just slipping through my fingers and I want to find something that works and I want it now. I know that it doesn’t really work that way but I’m e believer in that just “starving” the candida to “death” isn’t the way to go because to me it just sounds illogical.

Soooo.. I got interested in enemas and Saccharomyces Boulardii and some kind of diet. The thing is that after all this reading I still feel super confused (lets just say that the brain fog and fatigue isn’t really helping on that part) and i need help! What should I be taking if I want to go this route? Does this even sound like a good way to go? What shouldnt i be taking? What diet should i actually stick to, there are so many different out there! What is allowed and what isnt? Which supplements? And so on..

If there is anyone on this forum (I have seen a couple of people here that just seem amazing) that could give me a helping hand i would be forever grateful!

Thank you,

Christine

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

There is so much information out there that it can be confusing. Each person’s treatment is different because their history is different. What might work for some wouldn’t for others. It kind of disturbs me a little when some people are dogmatic in their advice “this works, this doesn’t”.

What does seem to work for everyone is a strict low carb Candida diet. Cutting out sugars, [bakers/brewers] yeasts and carbs etc. I found that after three or four months I was feeling much better. For me, the diet is the most important factor. Combine diet with anti fungals, OR see what S.Boulardii does for you. There are a number of things you can try out to see if they work.

I also am getting my Methlyation Cycle checked out at the doctors right now (blood test), along with heavy metal testing (mercury) to see if I have anything else going on that might hinder recovery. Next week I start on S.Boulardii.

wwells
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Yes, I get that. We are not all the same, simple as that!

But thats the thing though, that could mean anything really. “Strict low carb candida diet”. I think I need help on that department. Because I totally understand cutting out the actual sugars, yeasts and carbs but I’m not sure about all fruit and all starches? It seems like the “candida diet” means something different, still similar of course, but different everywhere you read. But I guess thats also one of those “not one for all” type things. Some structure would be nice though. I think I’m just kind of hoping that someone that didnt have to cut out alllllll of these things would be like hey! you can actually get rid of this problem without going totally mental trying to eat, you know?

Yeah, I think I’m going to try the S. Boulardii!

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you for your reply. 🙂

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

wwells;51413 wrote: Yes, I get that. We are not all the same, simple as that!

But thats the thing though, that could mean anything really. “Strict low carb candida diet”. I

Foods to eat:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm

Foods to avoid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm

Just follow that strictly. Pretty much the bulk of Candida sites will agree on that.
    You might get one or two ultra strict diets saying, “oh, don’t do kefir or yougurt”, or “don’t do any nuts yet like Almonds!”
    But the vast majority of that diet, everyone would agree with.

If you want to go ultra strict and cut out the foods with questions marks over them like yogurt and almonds etc, then thats up to you. If you can stand the lack of variety then good! But, for me, as long as you’re cutting those sugars, startches out etc, then the diet will do its job. There are some really good recipies on this site like the Lamb coconut curry. Thats the best thing on my diet.

I also cut out caffeine and dairy, but I found Kaffee Roma and put coconut milk in. Yum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Saccharomyces Boulardii? Enemas? Help!’ is closed to new replies.