Saccharomyces boulardii …can I take this?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Saccharomyces boulardii …can I take this?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

SBK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

My boss gave me a bottle of this probiotic when I told him I was fighting candida and I was on a stict anti-candida diet. However, I looked online and it says its a yeast and a probiotic?? And can be fatal to immunocompromised individuals? FATAL… now I am confused. Can a probiotic be fatal?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

SBK;54966 wrote: My boss gave me a bottle of this probiotic when I told him I was fighting candida and I was on a stict anti-candida diet. However, I looked online and it says its a yeast and a probiotic?? And can be fatal to immunocompromised individuals? FATAL… now I am confused. Can a probiotic be fatal?

Maybe if you are extremely immunocompromised. But I think this isn’t the case for us. Here is a good post about S. Boulardii. I used it myself and it works quite well, although I has to use rather high doses which made it expensive.

SBK

Thank you “TheChosenOne”… but I did not see a post attached. However, the pills were super expensive (boss has a lot of money) but because I’m taking some antifungals (oil of oregano and Candigone – this is my first 3wks) I think maybe now I better save it for month number two.. when I am not using the Candigone… I don’t want to waste it. What are your thoughts?

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

SBK;54990 wrote: Thank you “TheChosenOne”… but I did not see a post attached. However, the pills were super expensive (boss has a lot of money) but because I’m taking some antifungals (oil of oregano and Candigone – this is my first 3wks) I think maybe now I better save it for month number two.. when I am not using the Candigone… I don’t want to waste it. What are your thoughts?

go back to his post and click on the word “here” 😉 its a link

SBK

Ohhhh thank youuuu! I totally missed the link! 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Don’t take boulardii and antifungals together and I would consider saving boulardii for the end of your treatment.

-raster

SBK

Thank you Raster! We will definitely do that!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

raster;54998 wrote: the end of your treatment

Raster is trolling us 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Saccharomyces boulardii …can I take this?’ is closed to new replies.