S. bourladii, Florastor, Raster?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions S. bourladii, Florastor, Raster?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

So, here is my question for all the people that have tried florastor. Raster, I am debating on whether bringing up the subject with Bernie. Bernie has directed me in the right direction on supplementing my stomach and stimulating digestion. I do well taking ox bile at meal-times, and it helps me with indigestion so much. I have a feeling I could even increase food and fats more, expand my diet, etc., but I am still afraid to because a couple hours later I can still run into an accident of gas. So, currently, I have really upped my dose of l-glutamine to achieve good digestion. Oh, and yes, I do take hcl at meal-times, too.

It is a hard balance, due to gastroparesis, and then the no colon aspect. I need to be able to eat, and I have lost weight recently. This does concern me.

Now, I have read all the success stories on here about florastor, and I remember in my pre-candida days, I tried this supplement. I am wondering if taking this between meals might be effective for me. I don’t mind taking l-glutamine, as it can calm me down, help keep my sugar in balance, but currently, it seems I have to take 15-20g of l-glutamine a day, 5 grams between each meal, which helps. I am trying to cut down on gas, and it does get frustrating. I knew I reacted to yeast before, but now, since I am supporting my liver and gallbladder more, maybe I can handle it. I know florastor can act like an Imodium, which might be beneficial for my case, due to no colon.

Raster; however, Bernie wants me to keep on trying to increase the pleo’s. Also, I wondered if cholacol II might work better for me at times instead of regular cholacol. I might have to change back and forth. I will ask Bernie about it, but I just want to get people’s thoughts on the florastor situation for me because I thought you weren’t suppose to take any other anti-fungals with the florastor. I would like to be able to function a little bit better again, and get some energy.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well bernie knows about floraster and he is happy it worked for me and generally encourages experimenting, etc. However a lot of your problems are likely deeper than candida by itself and so you could address the yeast but still have all of these other problems remaining…

The floraster likely worked so well for me because I have been at this for about 3 years and was pretty much symptom free before I took it, and so I don’t think it would be effective for everyone. The main benefit is that its highly anti-inflammatory, so you will not react to foods for a temporary period of time afterwards. If you can keep this inflammation in check long term then you’ll continue to reap the benefits of this product.

You also have a delicate financial situation and so a month of floraster at high doses is kinda expensive ($100 for 2 bottles). I would consider getting the $10 jarrow formulas stuff in comparison and just add this to what you are doing right now (you don’t have to stop taking much when you take floraster, just the antifungals like sf722).

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Raster, I haven’t even been taking sf722, so that is good. It is just sitting in my fridge, and like I said, we are just trying to increase all the pleo’s I have because he said that is the most important for me. As I increase pleo’s, then he said I don’t need much else.

As I was looking back last night, I decided that I have pin-pointed one thing that might be increasing the gas production, even when supplementing with cholacol (usually just 1 per meal for meal because my stomach is slow), but what gets it into high gear is at lunch and supper I had been taking 1 similase gfcf. I felt like it was helping me with increasing protein more, veggies, etc., but now I find I am getting a possible reaction to it.

I was taking this enzyme, similase sensitive stomach (good for reflux in the morning when I drink my tea), which is good, but I am starting to feel like it is not enough anymore. I just need a light something else. I don’t want to overdo it, which I have done before; it just depends on my meal. However, I am still interested in the florastor or s. bourladii. Who knows how I would react to it now? Last time I did it was like a year and half ago before all these candida days.

I know you had taken pro-gest before, but I did not like that enzyme, I think papain extract might be a reaction. I do have other issues going on right now as well, as you seem to tell. This summer has been insane for me, crafts, tried to work more (shouldn’t, which has increased stressed), my 30th was this summer, and 3 weddings. I need a break!

I have a list of questions for Bernie that I am gathering up, but I might call today to get a quick question answered on this. If you know any knowledge of this, chime in. I know Bernie prescribes cholacol, betafood, zypan, etc. However, has he given either of these to patients because they seem low dose, and enough to possibility support me. I do eat more small meals sometimes, due to the gastroparesis. These are both from standard process as well.

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Enzycore#.U-IcXqO1GN4

kjones02
    Participant

Raster, I did call Bernie’s office yesterday, and Theresea gave me a couple recommendations on things from him. We might have pin-pointed a few things, but I am going to have a good consult with him here in a couple weeks. I have been doing really good on trying to monitor on what I am doing, finances, and reporting to him lately because I realize my health has been deteriorating lately. I try to remember Bernie telling me, if you get a reaction, take a day off, then back down to the smallest dosage. Just like your post, not too much to fast. One thing that is amazing, is that I have noticed that if I have small cheats, my pH has actually still been pretty good lately. I will ask about the s. boulardii though. I have a feeling he will still want me to hold off on it because we are still trying to increase pleo’s, but who knows? I still think it might benefit me one day, just whether maybe now, later, or at sometime.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Kjones,do you take anything to help with your ph? When I don’t use baking soda or pelo alkala, my pee is still very acidic

kjones02
    Participant

I feel like I haven’t had to take the pleo alkala that much actually lately. I did after my birthday weekend celebration though. My friends treated me to a wine day, rented a limo for me for my 30th b-day party. So, yes, I had a major cheat day this summer!

I know things that help me maintain a good pH, I think, are the l-glutamine (intestinew by renew life) and magnesium. Then, I take digestive enzymes at meals. I have increased the l-glutamine to 10g per day. That is why I asked raster about the florastor here on this thread because I was wondering if I could handle yeast now. I have noticed my digestion moving faster, probably due to taking the right supplements, but I got to slow it down even more, due to the no colon aspect. Otherwise, it will gas, indigestion, the other way around. Really, with my gastroparesis, I only need to go once or twice a day. I can be fine with just going in the morning.

I still go back and forth between ibs c/d. I have been worried about my health lately, as I have lost weight. Plus, my ankles have been swollen, and people are concerned about me. I have been having water issues/venous insufficiency. Bernie, has me slowly increasing my pleo’s, and I am trying. I just wasn’t sure if the florastor would help me firm up the stools a little bit more or not because something can be so good for my stomach, but not my small intestine.

Anyways, just try more l-glutamine, soothing herbs, dgl, slippery elm, marshmallow root, magnesium, things like that, and maybe you will see the same thing. Also, I can tell when I don’t have a veggie in a meal. I think one day I was really stressed, was not the hungry for lunch, on-the-go, and it ended up being my almond yogurt for lunch, and a stevia soda (not the greatest), and before supper, noticed my pH was lower.

kjones02
    Participant

Yisucks, I should also mention that I try really hard to focus on my cortisol levels, too! When you are high stressed, the body goes into acidic mode! I have so many more symptoms when I worry so much. Believe me, I have said this to you before, I am prone to it as well. I have had a lot going on this summer, mainly family-wise, I don’t get along with my dad (haven’t talked to him since 2011) when he found out I was gay, which developed me into hardly ever talking to my sister and mom. Luckily, I have great best friends, and my partner have adopted me. Bernie is trying to get me into always slowing down on things because I am very sensitive to lots of things, and supplements.

Also, I am taking methylguard and some b-vitamins a few times a week to try and keep my energy up, trying to get a good night’s rest, and if something doesn’t get done; I try not to let it get me down. I have always been on got to get this done, got to get this done. I have gotten some good feedback on phoenixrising and looked on their forum at times. I haven’t been posting on here much lately, but I still lurk around everyday on that forum or this forum.

yisucks
    Participant

yeah, I bet cortisol is important. I’m frustrated because I’m doing all the right things– I take all those supplements (including methylguard, digestive enzymes, florastor, etc), eat right, get enough sleep etc…but my ph is stlil SUPER acidic unless I take alkala. I don’t understand why. I’ve been at this for 2 years. I’m not sure how important the ph thing is in all of it, but Bernie seems to think it is and I’m still having challenges.

My problem is that I have addison’s disease, which means my adrenal glands don’t work (since I was 13). I have to take artificial steroids (cortisol) to stay alive. It’s not a perfect science, so I may take too much/too little. Also, it’s hard on your body…I’m sure this is making it harder for me to heal.

Its great you were able to cheat and are still able to keep a normal ph. I don’t know what it will take for me to get that, but I keep trying!

yisucks
    Participant

oh good point on the veggies…I do eat salads every day for lunch, but I eat a lot of the same kinds..maybe I should switch them up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘S. bourladii, Florastor, Raster?’ is closed to new replies.