S Boulardii Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions S Boulardii Protocol

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I’m wondering if someone could get a few questions cleared up for me surrounding S Boulardii.

1. Can this route be tried by anyone at any stage in their diet (I’m two months in with a heavy infestation)?
    2. Should all antifungals be stopped when taking S Boulardii or just the antibiotic ones (ie. garlic)?
    3. Should a person keep drinking kefir?
    4. If NAC helps fight candida would it hinder the S Boulardii as well? Should a person not take NAC when taking S Boulardii?
    5. What about Alpha Lipoic Acid?
    6. Should S Boulardii be taken at different times of the day than a person’s regular probiotics?
    7. If a person is aiming for a high billion count with their regular probiotics (i.e 200 billion), should they keep that number the same if they are also taking S Boulardii or should they lower that number?
    8. As for the enemas, is 3 per week ideal or is this the minimum? Would 1 per day be better?

9.. Also, I was thinking about going with the RenewLife BoulardiiMax 10 billion count (link below). Does this seem like a good one to go with?

http://www.renewlife.ca/products-details/111/boulardiimax

Cheers!

Sasha

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

RENEW LIFE is a top shelf brand in general.

I use their 80 billion count Critical Care Probiotics along with GARDEN OF LIFE brand RAW 80 billion count: getting in 160 billion per day as well as the DSO’s found in the GOL Raw one. Sure, there’s probably the most expensive and ideal probiotics out there yet, these are top shelf brands which I can buy locally and avoid buying through the web which makes it convenient when on tight budgets.

Blessings.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

These are all dvjorge questions specifically.

approximately_me

Thanks Raster. I just sent him a PM.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

approximately_me;40225 wrote: I’m wondering if someone could get a few questions cleared up for me surrounding S Boulardii.

1. Can this route be tried by anyone at any stage in their diet (I’m two months in with a heavy infestation)?

1- Yes, at any time but respect the diet.

2. Should all antifungals be stopped when taking S Boulardii or just the antibiotic ones (ie. garlic)?

2- Yes, you must stop them.

3. Should a person keep drinking kefir?

3- I see no problem with Kefir and S. Boulardii but don’t over do it.

4. If NAC helps fight candida would it hinder the S Boulardii as well? Should a person not take NAC when taking S Boulardii?

4- NAC should be not a problem.

5. What about Alpha Lipoic Acid?

5- ALA should be not a problem.

6. Should S Boulardii be taken at different times of the day than a person’s regular probiotics?

6- If you wish.

7. If a person is aiming for a high billion count with their regular probiotics (i.e 200 billion), should they keep that number the same if they are also taking S Boulardii or should they lower that number?

7- Test it to see if you notice any reaction.

8. As for the enemas, is 3 per week ideal or is this the minimum? Would 1 per day be better?

8- 3 per week should be enough.

9.. Also, I was thinking about going with the RenewLife BoulardiiMax 10 billion count (link below). Does this seem like a good one to go with?

9- Yes, any of them could be good.

http://www.renewlife.ca/products-details/111/boulardiimax

Cheers!

Sasha

approximately_me

Thanks so much Jorge.

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Jorge,

As I understand it the probiotics with DDS1 is as follows – “Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 secretes specific antifungal and antimicrobial agents which protect against type one diabetes and is also beneficial in treating a Candida albicans infestation.”

Since it has antifungal agents does that mean we should stay away from probiotics with DDS-1 if we are going the S Boulardii route?

dvjorge
    Participant

jdib;40291 wrote: Jorge,

As I understand it the probiotics with DDS1 is as follows – “Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 secretes specific antifungal and antimicrobial agents which protect against type one diabetes and is also beneficial in treating a Candida albicans infestation.”

Since it has antifungal agents does that mean we should stay away from probiotics with DDS-1 if we are going the S Boulardii route?

Yes, it makes sense to avoid it.
    It is better to avoid anything that has antifungal activity.

Jorge.

morezen
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

What if I’m taking a probiotic that has s. boulardi and several other strains (eg Garden of Life Primal Defense)? Do I need to avoid anti fungals if I’m taking this? I know this is an old thread, but I’m new to forum & diet. Thanks for any help.

dvjorge
    Participant

morezen;52614 wrote: What if I’m taking a probiotic that has s. boulardi and several other strains (eg Garden of Life Primal Defense)? Do I need to avoid anti fungals if I’m taking this? I know this is an old thread, but I’m new to forum & diet. Thanks for any help.

I won’t take any pharmaceutical grade probiotic taking natural antifungals. All natural substances with antifungal properties are also bactericidal. If you want to go with Florastor, it must be it alone. Don’t lose your money taking pharmaceutical probiotics if you take something natural to combat candida.

Jorge.

morezen
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Oh, so would you not consume coconut oil when you’re taking probiotics? Thanks for your help.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

morezen;52728 wrote: Oh, so would you not consume coconut oil when you’re taking probiotics? Thanks for your help.

good question!

I am not getting results that show improvement with antifungals, taking s boulardii is looking more attractive to me.

Is s boulardii safe since its not naturally found in the body?
    I stopped taking cellulase for that reason. Now I wonder if there are scenarios where taking boulardii could be dangerous because now your infected with something that isnt there otherwise?

I appreciate the patience on this forum <3

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘S Boulardii Protocol’ is closed to new replies.