S. Boulardii and Brussels Sprouts

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions S. Boulardii and Brussels Sprouts

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I’ve had a dig around on the forum, and I think I can probably answer this question myself but I just like to be certain.

Last night I took my S. Boulardii then had a bowl of soup that had a hell of a lot of brussels sprouts and garlic in. I went to bed shortly after and spent the next 3 hours feeling diabolical and have continued to do so only to a lesser degree this morning. I’m going to guess that, since S. Boulardii shouldn’t be taken with antifungals, that also puts antifungal foods off the menu too? Was I killing off just candida with S Boulardii and antifungals, or was I actually getting a toxic hit from killing the S. Boulardii too?

Another factor that might have played a roll was that I ate a small helping of chickpea frusili (chickpea flour, water and salt). I guess it could have also been a negative reaction to that, but it had the same amount of sugars in as does quinoa and I have no problem at all with quinoa so I’m not certain.

Cheesey

Any ideas anyone?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Garlic, Brussels, and S. Boulardii.

Sounds like die-off to me. I don’t see how garlic and Brussels killing the S. Boulardii would cause any symptoms at all.

Make sure you are taking a supplement for die-off like Molybdenum and you may be wasting your money taking a yeast supplement along with anti-fungals.

Cheesey

Danny33;39909 wrote: You may be wasting your money taking a yeast supplement along with anti-fungals.

Thanks for your response.

That’s why I was sort of wondering if I should be eating anti fungal foods at all.

Danny33

If you plan to concentrate on S. Boulardii as your primary treatment then you should eliminate most if not all anti-fungals from you diet.

dvjorge made a post recently about this.
    I’m interested if anybody makes a significant amount of recovery while solely on S. Boulardii, so please post your progress if you take this route.

Cheesey

Danny33;39911 wrote: If you plan to concentrate on S. Boulardii as your primary treatment then you should eliminate most if not all anti-fungals from you diet.

dvjorge made a post recently about this.
    I’m interested if anybody makes a significant amount of recovery while solely on S. Boulardii, so please post your progress if you take this route.

Okay I’ll do my utmost to avoid antifungals. I’ll do this for 2 to 4 weeks or so any update on my experiences.

Is coconut milk (rather than oil) significantly antifungal? It just tastes so damn good in my oat bran.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I don’t know what you mean by “diabolical” since the word normally pertains to the devil or devil-like. Do you mean that you felt bad as in symptoms from something such as die-off? If this was your problem, then it probably came from the combination of the S. boulardii, garlic and Brussels sprouts since all three can act as powerful antifungals.

Garlic is by far the strongest as far as antibacterial properties are concerned, so as long as you don’t overdo it with the garlic, the foods shouldn’t be a problem as far as the benficial bacteria are concerned. But don’t eat/take probiotics and antifungal foods at the same time; instead, keep them several hours apart.

Able

Danny33

I’m betting that almost any whole coconut food is anti-fungal. Coco milk will still contain lauric, capric, and caprylic acid.

It’s probably okay to eat coconut in moderation while on S.B, just try to take S. Boulardii as far away as possible from the coconut milk.

I’m interested if anybody knows otherwise.

Danny33

I also LOL’d at the use of “diabolical” in that context.

But I understood what you meant completely.

Cheesey

Maybe it’s a British use of the term…? Maybe it’s just me.

Okay, my ND also suggested that I can still eat antifungal foods and that I should just take the SB a few hours after doing so. It’s good to know that both opinions overlap there.

Thank you very much for you help, guys.

jameskep
    Participant
    Replies: 220

One thing I’ve learned the hard way is not to do supplements/anti-fungals before bed time Or not to take anything late at night that can cause sleep disturbances. Whenever I test out a new product/regimen its always in the morning on my day off so I have the day to recover if I get a bad reaction from it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘S. Boulardii and Brussels Sprouts’ is closed to new replies.