S.Boulardii & Adrenal Fatigue

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions S.Boulardii & Adrenal Fatigue

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello everyone!

I switched out my anti fungals for S.Boulardii almost 4 weeks ago. Immediately I noticed increased energy and sleeping through the night. (my adrenal fatigue was the type where I couldn’t stay asleep)

I’ve been having some really uncomfortable die off lately so I stopped the S.Boulardii for 48 hours.

Yesterday was my second day not taking it. I did the most strenuous psychical activity I’ve done in about a year. I carried 13 bags of soil up 4 flights of stairs to my roof top garden.

Guess what came back last night? Yup, adrenal fatigue.

I popped 2 S.Boulardii this morning because I read that it will die out on it’s own in 3-5 days. I want to continue my treatment. Most importantly I want the life without adrenal fatigue back.

Has anyone else eliminated adrenal fatigue with S.Boulardii?

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

hi are u taking anything else like probiotics and kefir while taking s.boulardi ?

i was wondering about this cuz i may try this in the future i know u have to stop antifungals but wasent sure about kefir and other supplements .

that’s awesome its working for u !

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Hi Mrs. Candida,
    I want to try this. How much S.Boulardii are you taking each day? I’m taking only 2 billion a couple times a day and I’m thinking it’s not enough. I’ve gone off my adrenal support suppliments in order to take an adrenal test and I’m not feeling all that much worse so I really don’ t know what is causing what with me.

mrs.candida

I want to try this. How much S.Boulardii are you taking each day?

My capsules are 3 billion each. I slowly increased to 9 billion a day. Today I took 6 billion.

hi are u taking anything else like probiotics and kefir while taking s.boulardi ?

Yes, both of them.

I’m thinking I might be in a bit of a Catch22. I took 6 billion s.boulardii today after two days off, I have a headache and achey die off muscles about 12 hours later. Maybe I should have just taken 3 billion? It seems that if I take the S.Boulardii I’ll get sick, but if I don’t it will die out and I won’t be killing any candida.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

You shouldn’t take S. Boulardii with Kefir. Let it to work alone. 2 billions a day isn’t enough.
    Headaches are something I experimented during the first month taking it. All people who have candida must suffer reactions when you take antifungal supplements. Expect a lot of reactions until there isn’t more fungal overgrowth.

Jorge.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

How do you know its adrenal fatigue rather than your plain old garden variety fatigue?

I find I am almost the opposite, Mrs. C. I stopped taking my S. Boulardii for a couple of days as I wanted to decrease the burden on my body as I was going through a lot of stress. I found my energy levels went back up. I’m back on the S. Boulardii now and once again I am exhausted. I took 6 billion yesterday, and have already had 6 billion again today and I can certainly feel my body doing something unpleasant! I think it must be about striking a balance though thats easier said than done.

benc
    Replies: 419

dvjorge;41457 wrote: You shouldn’t take S. Boulardii with Kefir.

Why?

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

benc;41465 wrote:

You shouldn’t take S. Boulardii with Kefir.

Why?

I second this question!

dvjorge
    Participant

Kefir Lactic Acid bacteria have antifungal activity against some fungal species. One of them is S. Boulardii.

Abstract
    Kefir is a milk-derived product prepared by the incubation of kefir ‘grains’ with defatted milk. Various studies have been published on the therapeutic effects of kefir. However, few controlled studies and little information on the antibacterial, antifungal and antitumoural activities of kefir have been published. Therefore, these activities associated with kefir were investigated. The daily intraperitoneal administration of 0.50 mL kefir for 20 days to mice; containing transplanted fusiform cell carcomas resulted in a significant decrease in tumour size. Kefir-induced disappearance of tumoural necrosis was also evident. With respect to the antibacterial activity of kefir, the greatest activity was exhibited against gram-positive coccus, staphylococcus, and gram-positive bacillus. Kefir ‘grains’ showed higher antibacterial activity than kefir. Kefir also demonstrated antifungal activity against Candida, Saccharomyces, Rhodotorula, Torulopsis, Microsporum and Trichopytonspecies. The results demonstrate that kefir possesses antibacterial, antifungal and antineoplastic activities, and provides credence to the folklorec use of kefir for a variety of infectious and neoplastic diseases.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I used to have the same kind of fatigue. When it was at its worst, I couldn’t stay asleep for longer than an hour and a half–sometimes even an hour was a stretch. I’d wake up sweating with my heart pounding. I could never sleep past 3am. During the day I was too tired to do anything but too wired to sleep. I was a completely anxious zombie.

What helped me most was a lot of detox. The wake-ups are often caused by a toxic liver. An over-burdened liver cannot produce enough glycogen and so cannot keep the body functioning. To keep the body functional, the adrenals have to inject increasing amounts of cortisol (which wakes you up). Over time this wears out the adrenals. This is the body in survival mode.

I believe my liver and kidneys were totally bogged down in candida byproduct (this was before I started on the diet). Using NAC 3x/day, Alpha Lipoic Acid, milk thistle, dandelion and artichoke helped immensely. It also helped with my migraines. With the NAC it’s also important to take it with 100mg of vitamin C, selenium and vitamin E for it to be absorbed fully.

Within a month I went from sleeping an average of 3.5 hours per night to 6.5 and more than this I went from being completely useless in the day to being able to actually being able to hold down some work.

I don’t know what to say about your fatigue and the S. Boulardii specifically, but I’d say if you can notice a swing in the fatigue that quickly, the fatigue probably has more to do with your liver and kidneys being burdened by candida byproducts and you might just need to make sure you’re taking everything you can to get that junk out of your body.

Hope that helps.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Saccromyces might not be for everyone. Some caution might need to be used for people that have to much fungal candida. Check out this link:

http://mcb.asm.org/content/21/4/1272.full.pdf

“Kefir also demonstrated antifungal activity against Candida, Saccharomyces, Rhodotorula, Torulopsis, Microsporum and Trichopytonspecies.”

—Kefir is not going to kill candida or saccharomyces but rather produce acids that inhibit them from going fungal. These studies need to indicate what type of anti-fungal activity it is. Ant-fungal activity does not always mean cell death.
    Anti-fungal activity could mean a variety of activities such as preventing virulence,inhibiting its fungal form, preventing growth, slowing down metabolism, etc…….

benc

jameskep;41472 wrote: Saccromyces might not be for everyone. Some caution might need to be used for people that have to much fungal candida. Check out this link:

“Kefir also demonstrated antifungal activity against Candida, Saccharomyces, Rhodotorula, Torulopsis, Microsporum and Trichopytonspecies.”

—Kefir is not going to kill candida or saccharomyces but rather produce acids that inhibit them from going fungal. These studies need to indicate what type of anti-fungal activity it is. Ant-fungal activity does not always mean cell death.
    Anti-fungal activity could mean a variety of activities such as preventing virulence,inhibiting its fungal form, preventing growth, slowing down metabolism, etc…….

So if I have 300ml of raw milk kefir in the morning & take s.boulardi at night with my probiotic am I wasting my time with kefir/s.boulardi? Or is that enough of a gap to not effect it?

dvjorge
    Participant

benc;41514 wrote:

Saccromyces might not be for everyone. Some caution might need to be used for people that have to much fungal candida. Check out this link:

So if I have 300ml of raw milk kefir in the morning & take s.boulardi at night with my probiotic am I wasting my time with kefir/s.boulardi? Or is that enough of a gap to not effect it?

Yes, you probably won’t get solid results. S. Boulardii have to colonize your gut to be effective. It needs between 48 to 72 hours of continued supplementation to do it. Later, you need to keep supplying it since it is a temporary colonization.
    If you take Kefir that may inhibits its growth, you are doing nothing. Let the S. Boulardii to work alone. You need at least 25 billions a day. It does its job against candida. Just give it time. If you prefer take Baker Yeast. It is easy to find and cheaper than S. Boulardii. It also have potent anticandida activity. I am taking almost 3 teaspoon a day dissolved in water. It works !

Jorge.

benc

dvjorge;41519 wrote:

Yes, you probably won’t get solid results. S. Boulardii have to colonize your gut to be effective. It needs between 48 to 72 hours of continued supplementation to do it. Later, you need to keep supplying it since it is a temporary colonization.
    If you take Kefir that may inhibits its growth, you are doing nothing. Let the S. Boulardii to work alone. You need at least 25 billions a day. It does its job against candida. Just give it time. If you prefer take Baker Yeast. It is easy to find and cheaper than S. Boulardii. It also have potent anticandida activity. I am taking almost 3 teaspoon a day dissolved in water. It works !

Jorge.

Brilliant, thanks I will go with that.

mrs.candida

How do you know its adrenal fatigue rather than your plain old garden variety fatigue?

My fatigue is a horrible cycle of needing to go to sleep as early as 7:30 PM some nights, then I wake up at 3AM wide awake and ready to do something with my energy. This lasts until about 9AM, then the crash begins. I have had adrenal fatigue for almost 10 years, and I have a 2 year old. When my 2 year old wakes me up at 3AM and I can go back to sleep and sleep until 7AM, that’s a HUGE victory!

approximately_me,
    I do believe it has to do with toxins in my liver and kidneys. However, I do sleep better when I’m going through die off, not worse like some.

DVJorge,
    What do you use for the die off? Molybdenium is not enough for me. I bought some activated charcoal yesterday and took it an hour after taking 6Billion S.Boulardii. I feel pretty good, no unbearable side effects.
    I wanted to ask about activated charcoal because I never hear about it on this forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘S.Boulardii & Adrenal Fatigue’ is closed to new replies.