S Boulardii

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice S Boulardii

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Erica E
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’ve read a bunch about how effective S Boulardii yeast can be in killing off Candida. My concern is whether it might be TOO effective. We do need some Candida, but want to avoid overgrowth. What if S Boulardii kills off ALL our Candida?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think its possible to kill off all of the candida. The main thing to worry about with boulardii is getting a different yeast infection where candida isn’t the dominant one.

-raster

Erica E
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Oh, really? I read on the GAPS diet page and other places that this type of yeast is totally harmless and can’t build up in the body the way Candida does. Have you had a neg experience that wasn’t just die-off?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Erica E wrote: I’ve read a bunch about how effective S Boulardii yeast can be in killing off Candida. My concern is whether it might be TOO effective. We do need some Candida, but want to avoid overgrowth. What if S Boulardii kills off ALL our Candida?

Not possible. Boulardii is effective I have noticed.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Erica E wrote: Oh, really? I read on the GAPS diet page and other places that this type of yeast is totally harmless and can’t build up in the body the way Candida does. Have you had a neg experience that wasn’t just die-off?

It can occur in people with a compromised immune system, so if you happen to have AIDS or are taking medication for an auto-immune disease, it’s not safe. In those sort of instances, I’d check to see if bacterial probiotics could be an issue too. Your immune system has to regulate all the microbes in your gut, whether they’re “friendly” or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘S Boulardii’ is closed to new replies.