Rye crackers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rye crackers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pjrogan
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi I am new to all this and have just survived the cleanse. Wanted to know if I can eat rye crackers…. I am dying for crunchiness that is not vegetable! Also is it ok to keep going with the detox drink I really like it.

Many thanks

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Pjrogan wrote: Hi I am new to all this and have just survived the cleanse. Wanted to know if I can eat rye crackers…. I am dying for crunchiness that is not vegetable! Also is it ok to keep going with the detox drink I really like it.

Many thanks

Rye is not on the allowed list so I would vote no. Also, most likely there are other ingredients there which are not allowed. Go to the recipe section, there are ways to make vegetable chips which everyone reports are great substitute for the regular chips. I did not try them myself yet but heard many praises for these. Let me know if you have trouble locating the recipe, I think I have it somewhere and can search for it.

Good luck!

Arijana

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Arijana is right. The reason why it is not on the allowed food list is probably because of the starch content (which could feed your candida) and gluten. Healthwise however, rye would be my first choice to try out on the diet for its health benefits and supposed diabetes-friendlyness. Crackers might contain thigs like yeast and sugar, be sure to check. Regardless, I would use it as a try-out food for a later stage, certainly not in the early stage of the diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the allowed foods list on the forum:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

and check out the protocol for a good plan to get better:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rye crackers’ is closed to new replies.