Rutabaga

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hdispain 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

As I’m reluctant to be too bold with my diet (especially in the first stage), when and how does one begin to incorporate rutabaga? I know it’s supposed to be a great antifungal, but I’m always nervous about reintroducing starch.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

I don’t notice anything special when I eat rutabaga.

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

I’m not exactly sure what rutabaga is? I eat yams and sweet potatoes and they are great. Don’t make my yeast worse at all. In fact, they are pre-biotics because they are resistant starches and the good yeasts feed on them, so it helps to up your good yeast population. Read up on resistant starches and prebiotics (the good foods to repopulate the good yeasts from your probiotics).

Banshee
    Participant

It’s mentioned on this site (and in the book) as being a fairly safe and antifungal starchy vegetable, included before other roots and tubers.

I’m all for variety and including antifungal foods in my diet. I already do a lot of coconut, garlic and herbs – thought this would be a nice addition as I work through the more mundane stages. Just wasn’t sure how much was safe – 1/2 or 1 whole cup?

I guess I’ll start slow with my experiment then. Also, did not know sweet potatoes were prebiotic! Nice!

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

I usually do the more orangy colored YAMS as they are less sweet than the sweet potatoes. Especially at first if you’re still dealing with some yeast symptoms.
    But eventually you should be able to tolerate them.

Banshee
    Participant

Awesome, thanks

hdispain
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Try this recipe for rutabaga fries. I love them and putting Greek seasoning on them is my favorite. http://www.novicehousewife.com/2012/05/22/oven-baked-rutabaga-fries-a-review-a-giveaway/ I have other Candida friendly recipes here: https://www.pinterest.com/hdispain/the-ultimate-candida-diet/.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rutabaga’ is closed to new replies.