Rutabaga question……?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rutabaga question……?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

Sorry, I know this topic has been beat to death and I’ve read pages and pages on this forum supporting its use as an antifungal but I’m a little nervous after reading information on the net contradicting it.

Over the last 3 or 4 days I’ve been eating a ton of rutabaga in french fry form. What is making me a little nervous is there is a ton of literature on the internet warning that rutabaga could feed candida. I know raster and Able completely disagree with this but why would there be so much info suggesting that? Are they just plain wrong and don’t know?

I’m just super paranoid about regressing. I’ve noticed that after I eat the rutabaga, I seem to get lightheaded and light sinus pressure. These are die off symptoms I know but prior to eating the rutabaga 3 or 4 days ago, I was having consistent days of my head feeling 70-80 percent better. Now it feels like it’s gotten worse. I’m hoping that’s because the rutabaga is stronger than the pill form antifungals I’ve been taking and is killing off my candida.

Has anybody on this forum had negative reactions to rutabaga? And is the info online of them possibly feeding candida just plain wrong?

It’s a food I really enjoy and I’d love to be able to eat as much as I want knowing for sure I’m not making myself worse.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Rutabaga die-off is pretty intense (although I usually find brussels sprouts to be a little stronger). I know how you feel, there have been days when it has completely knocked me down, but it’s probably just die-off.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Smitty99;44542 wrote: Has anybody on this forum had negative reactions to rutabaga?

Any negative reaction received from rutabaga is going to be sickness from the die-off toxins. The sickest I was during my entire treatment was the night following the first time I ate rutabaga on the diet. There was no one to tell me just how strong an antifungal it was, and at the time, I was wondering if I’d live through the night considering how sick it made me.
    I might add that I ate rutabaga throughout my treatment, so much of it in fact that I’m still burned out on it and haven’t tasted it since I stopped the diet. At this point I’ve been completely symptom-free for two years.

And is the info online of them possibly feeding candida just plain wrong?

Do you have any idea just how wrong most of the information on the Internet is?

Able

Smitty99

Thanks Able. I really appreciate the response! It must just be more die off that I am experiencing because of the rutabaga.

I also noticed my rashes have been healing since eating the rutabaga so I kind of got a little nervous over that thinking I wasn’t expelling toxins anymore but maybe that is just another positive effect of the rutabaga. I’ve also been on the treatment for almost a month too.

Does boiling or baking the rutabaga affect the antifungal properties?

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

How does everyone eat rutabaga ?

I’ve only boiled it then mashed it w coconut oil & cinnamon.
    I’d like to find other ways to eat it.
    I actually really like it as a starch alternative

Smitty99

msmofish;44547 wrote: How does everyone eat rutabaga ?

I’ve only boiled it then mashed it w coconut oil & cinnamon.
    I’d like to find other ways to eat it.
    I actually really like it as a starch alternative

I eat it as french fries.

I usually boil it for 15 minutes or so first to make it easier to cut into french fries.

Then I add a teaspoon of olive oil to the cut up fries. Add salt and seasoning of your choice, I use chili powder, and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes turning once halfway.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

I have question too…

Is there a difference between rutabaga and turnip?

here, rutabaga is called “sweedish turnip”. I wonder is it safe to eat as well, the turnip? Does it have antifungal properties as well?

thanks!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

From my experience, my 2pence worth is that the sooner you think about things that attack the overgrowth being a positive thing rather than the carb content the more likely you are to succeed. Its a matter of weighing up the positives & the negatives. I found it really beneficial. Plus plenty of studies out there about really low carb diets being problematic for the thyroid, which is the last thing you need when your trying to heal.

Smitty99

stovariste;44551 wrote: I have question too…

Is there a difference between rutabaga and turnip?

here, rutabaga is called “sweedish turnip”. I wonder is it safe to eat as well, the turnip? Does it have antifungal properties as well?

thanks!

Rutabaga
    If you’re not familiar with rutabaga, it’s a root vegetable that is a member of the mustard family. Outside of North America it’s usually known as the ‘swede’ or ‘Swedish turnip’.

The first thing you’re probably thinking is “Isn’t that full of sugars??” As you know, you should not generally be eating high-carb vegetables on your Candida diet. However, the crucial difference with rutabaga is that it has one special property that makes it ideal for Candida sufferers.

Rutabaga is a strong antifungal that can actually slow down and possibly reverse your Candida overgrowth. So although the carbohydrates in the rutabaga might feed your Candida overgrowth a little, the antifungal properties more than compensate for this. And of course it makes for a filling, satisfying meal too!

Looking for ways to prepare your rutabaga? For a filling snack you can peel, chop and roast it just like potato fries, then serve with some yogurt and garlic mixed as a dip. Alternatively, chop and stir-fry it with a few veggies, or slice it up and eat it raw in a salad.

From the candida website, looks like they are the same. That’s in reference to the swedish turnip. As far as I know regular turnips are different though

Smitty99

benc;44555 wrote: From my experience, my 2pence worth is that the sooner you think about things that attack the overgrowth being a positive thing rather than the carb content the more likely you are to succeed. Its a matter of weighing up the positives & the negatives. I found it really beneficial. Plus plenty of studies out there about really low carb diets being problematic for the thyroid, which is the last thing you need when your trying to heal.

I would agree with you. For the first two or three weeks of my treatment, I was not eating at all cause I was so terrified I’d feed the candida but I think it was definitely stopping myself from healing as well.

I do eat more regularly now and although my diet is strict, I’m not as incredibly paranoid now.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Smitty99;44562 wrote:

From my experience, my 2pence worth is that the sooner you think about things that attack the overgrowth being a positive thing rather than the carb content the more likely you are to succeed. Its a matter of weighing up the positives & the negatives. I found it really beneficial. Plus plenty of studies out there about really low carb diets being problematic for the thyroid, which is the last thing you need when your trying to heal.

I would agree with you. For the first two or three weeks of my treatment, I was not eating at all cause I was so terrified I’d feed the candida but I think it was definitely stopping myself from healing as well.

I do eat more regularly now and although my diet is strict, I’m not as incredibly paranoid now.

I’m pleased to hear that. With little/no help from western medicine & having to do your own self-research & relying on good resources like here (& others) it can get confusing & stressful.

I found I was paronoid at the start, but as soon as I started thinking positively it helped. Talking to someone who did the lightening treatment for ME made me realise how powerful the brain is to healing as well as getting the gut in order.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Able,
    Did you ever see this full study on rutabaga?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15202903

Any others you found interesting?

Smitty99

jameskep;44716 wrote: Able,
    Did you ever see this full study on rutabaga?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15202903

Any others you found interesting?

I couldn’t get into the full study and wasn’t really sure what they were getting at?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rutabaga question……?’ is closed to new replies.