Rutabaga

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Dia
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hey everyone,

I’m wondering why rutabaga is on the approved strict list? I made some last night for he first time. It was so sweet I ate the whole bulb!

I looked up the glycemic index after I ate it and it was listed as higher sugar than carrots, potatoes, corn..all un approved foods…

So, I’m confused why would something with that much sugar be approved?…

Thanks!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

because of its antifungal properties

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Did you get any die-off symptoms? Some claim, eating Rutabaga, can be a rather painful experience. I didn’t feel a thing – did you?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Not the first few times, & I eat a whole one.

But I have since, especially if I have it in the day.

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

I tried it last week and the first time I was ok, but when I tried it again it tore my stomach up for 2 days! Be careful!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Dia wrote: Hey everyone,
    I’m wondering why rutabaga is on the approved strict list? I made some last night for he first time. It was so sweet I ate the whole bulb!
    I looked up the glycemic index after I ate it and it was listed as higher sugar than carrots, potatoes, corn..all un approved foods…
    So, I’m confused why would something with that much sugar be approved?…

Apparently you’re not on the stricter diet which explains why certain foods are allowed and others are not. Rutabaga is on the diet because it’s one of the strongest antifungals available. It may feed a few Candida, but it’ll destroy many more.

Able

Hilary

Able I’m confused! I printed off the copy of the strict diet that you emailed me and it says rutabaga is allowed (right under radish)!? I had no idea there would be a problem until after I tried it and had a reaction and got on the forum to try and figure out what was happenning! What am I missing? Thanks so much!

Able900
    Spectator

Hilary wrote: Able I’m confused! I printed off the copy of the strict diet that you emailed me and it says rutabaga is allowed (right under radish)!? I had no idea there would be a problem until after I tried it and had a reaction and got on the forum to try and figure out what was happenning! What am I missing? Thanks so much!

Your reactions were either allergic or die-off. How much Molybdenum are you taking each day?

Able

Hilary

I’m taking 2-3/day. I’had major die off before you sent me the protocol, but now I’ve slowed down a great deal and I’m doing better. If I have a reaction to something it’s either in my stomach, (and it happens fast) or my muscles. I tried organic chicken and turkey from Whole Foods (no more than 2x/wk combined) and I felt horrible for several days. So I’m basically on leafy greens and veggies with an occasional egg and egg plant for protein. I also use hemp seeds in my cauliflower soup and that helps. I’m pretty wasted though.

Able I’m also confused about kombucha. I love kombucha and used to drink it regularly and in browsing on the forum I noticed that some are saying kombucha is allowed, but the alcohol rips my stomach up. Am I reading the info on kombucha wrong?

Thanks again!

Hilary

Also, when you say allergic…do you mean it’s feeding the candida or I’m allergic like I am to gluten? I’m trying to distinguish my symptoms from die off and candida. I’ve got Betaine and I take it 3 times/day along with caraway seeds and my digestive enzymes. That seems to have settled the bloating and IBS pain down a great deal, but I can’t go to the bathroom without an enema at all! I’ve been to ER on more than one occassion with a distended belly due to impaction, so this is nothing new for me, but I was hoping as time goes on this will improve. Does it for most people?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Hilary.

Also, when you say allergic…do you mean it’s feeding the candida or I’m allergic like I am to gluten?

Allergic reactions and feeding the Candida have two completely separate meanings. I’m talking about a type of allergic reaction, or perhaps it’s just too strong for your digestion.

I’m trying to distinguish my symptoms from die off and candida. I’ve got Betaine and I take it 3 times/day along with caraway seeds and my digestive enzymes.

What type of digestive enzymes?

That seems to have settled the bloating and IBS pain down a great deal, but I can’t go to the bathroom without an enema at all! I’ve been to ER on more than one occassion with a distended belly due to impaction, so this is nothing new for me, but I was hoping as time goes on this will improve. Does it for most people

Yes it does, normally speaking this improves quite a bit after the cleanse is completed. Sometimes it’s even replaced by diarrhea. I assume you’ve tried everything on the “Constipation Remedies” post without success?

Able I’m also confused about kombucha. I love kombucha and used to drink it regularly and in browsing on the forum I noticed that some are saying kombucha is allowed, but the alcohol rips my stomach up. Am I reading the info on kombucha wrong?

Are you using commercial kombucha or making it yourself? It should be alright on the diet if you make it yourself if it’s fermented correctly. I’ve never tried it myself, so I can’t base this on experience but only going by the way it’s normally made. However, some commercial brands are known to contain up to 3% alcohol. If it bothers you too much, I just wouldn’t drink it. It isn’t really part of the treatment, but only acceptable if preferred.

Able

Hilary

I’m taking Enzymedica Digest Gold.

Yes I’ve tried every remedy I can to try to help with constipation and nothing helps thus far.

I tried a commercial Kombucha that has less then 2 g of sugar per bottle, but thankfully I didn’t have much. I was leary from the beginning. I haven’t gotten the gumption to make kefire yet so I don’t think I’ll mess with the kombucha.

Thank you for the info Able! You are very kind to help all of us. I’m very grateful for your knowledge!

Able900
    Spectator

It would benefit your cause considerably if you’ll stop taking the Digest Gold today. Look at the list of ingredients on the label carefully. Do you see the words “Hemicellulase” and “Cellulase”? These are two unnatural enzymes which means that humans do not produce these enzymes and therefore do not need them in order to digest their food the way it should be digested. These two enzymes change vegetable enzyme fibers into simple sugars once they’re in the digestive tract producing food for Candida. This will only make your Candida worse or even prevent a cure.
    If you wish to use the forum as a useful tool, before you purchase a product that isn’t recommended on the forum, run it by the experts before making the purchase. Many of us have already tried and/or researched many products during our own treatment and can tell you whether or not the products are worth the money you pay.

As far as enzymes are concerned; premade enzymes taken overtime will only teach the body that it is no longer necessary to produce the enzymes. After a while the body will stop the production of its natural enzymes and will depend completely on you to supply them in order to digest your food. The correct supplement for digestion is a product that allows your body to produce the enzymes itself in the correct amount type and amount needed. For this you can use Swedish Digestive Bitters.
    Please read the directions on the link so that you’ll take it correctly as the instructions are slightly different from those on the container.

Yes I’ve tried every remedy I can to try to help with constipation and nothing helps thus far.

Every remedy in the post?
    If nothing else at all helps, an enema or even Magnesium Hydroxide is better than nothing because you really need to keep the toxins moving out of your body in any way possible, especially since the toxins are normally the cause of constipation.

Able

Hilary

Thanks Able!

I have actually ordered the bitters with no alcohol and it should be in this week. It has taken me some time to read through as many old posts as I can to try and learn as much as I can about all of this. I am still fitting all of the pieces together, but I’m getting there. I’ll stop that enzyme today!

I have truly tried everything that I know and that I’ve seen so far, but as I said its taking time to research all of the old topics on the forum and I’m trying to get all of questions answered!:) constipation has been an issue my entire life so I’ve tried many many things. My parents are pharmacists, but also naturalists, so they research as many herbs and minerals and such as they can and try to help me here and there. I’ve tried all of the home remedies and every drug on the market! I’m currently taking magnesium oxide and sometimes I have to drink the magnesium citrate as well (I know this is bad for my gut, but my colon literally has shut down…I can easily go 10 days with no BM). So I take the mag oxide and do enemas daily so I don’t get constipated. I also drink a 1/4 cup of coconut oil, a few T of olive oil, a 1/2 cup of aloe Vera juice, and as much water as I can get down, everyday!

Thanks again for any and all advice!

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Is rutabaga a turnip? Do any Australians know what this is called here?

Can it be any kind of turnip? Or does it have to be a specific kind?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rutabaga’ is closed to new replies.