Ruffian – medistatin

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ruffian – medistatin

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

Ruffian;49516 wrote: Wow. Who was the member?

Ruffian, I noticed an old post that said you have taken medistatin in the past as it was the same as nystatin.

Do you still believe this to be the case?

I know there is a long list of human prescription drugs that are identical to the animal drugs. Fishmox being one that comes to mind.

Thanks!

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Yes, as unorthodox as it sounds, it is the exact same. 100% Nystatin powder. Yellowish. I’ve gone through 3 of them. It’s also great for enemas.

Smitty99

Ruffian;49715 wrote: Yes, as unorthodox as it sounds, it is the exact same. 100% Nystatin powder. Yellowish. I’ve gone through 3 of them. It’s also great for enemas.

Thank you Ruffian for that information. From all the research I’ve done, it seems like it is 100 percent nystatin, just labelled differently and it is also a ton cheaper than nystatin.

I just ordered some tonight. I’m glad to hear it is working well for you. I cannot wait to try it.

I am not recommending this to everyone. Obviously others will feel differently about this but for those who cannot find a doctor to prescribe prescription antifungals. This is an option.

It has been known for a long time big pharmacy makes a lot of prescription drugs for sale for animals that are identical to human drugs and even have to pass the same quality control in the same labs.

I cannot guarantee this for medistatin but it sounds like it is very much the same but again. Use at your own risk.

Thanks again Ruffian. This is an interesting option for some willing to try it.

oh one last thing, the kind I’m getting is 400,000 IU and 100 gram container. What is the dosage you take? I’ve read 1/8 teaspoon per 4 oz of water? 3 to 4times a day. Is that what your normally take? How about for a 2 quart enema bag. Thanks

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I agree with you that everyone should use at your own risk. I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t feel that it was a safe alternative, at least for me. It has worked.

That is about what I take….1/8 teaspoon 3-4 x daily. Sometimes I do a little over an 1/8, closer to a 1/4 and when I take the higher amount I only do it 3 times a day. My enema bottle is small so usually add 1/4 teaspoon in it. If I eat a particular food that is questionable I always try to take a little of the powder with it. Just in case. The candida book I’m reading now was written by a lady who had MS and she took Nystatin for 3 years with no problems.

Smitty99

Ruffian;49725 wrote: I agree with you that everyone should use at your own risk. I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t feel that it was a safe alternative, at least for me. It has worked.

That is about what I take….1/8 teaspoon 3-4 x daily. Sometimes I do a little over an 1/8, closer to a 1/4 and when I take the higher amount I only do it 3 times a day. My enema bottle is small so usually add 1/4 teaspoon in it. If I eat a particular food that is questionable I always try to take a little of the powder with it. Just in case. The candida book I’m reading now was written by a lady who had MS and she took Nystatin for 3 years with no problems.

Thank you Ruffian. I’m considering following Dvjorges protocol with nystatin and Ketoconazole as well. 400 mg of Ketoconazole and the dosage you recommended of nystatin along with enemas and a very strict diet.

If this doesn’t do it for me I dunno what will.

Thanks

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Smitty99;49720 wrote:

Yes, as unorthodox as it sounds, it is the exact same. 100% Nystatin powder. Yellowish. I’ve gone through 3 of them. It’s also great for enemas.

Thank you Ruffian for that information. From all the research I’ve done, it seems like it is 100 percent nystatin, just labelled differently and it is also a ton cheaper than nystatin.

I just ordered some tonight. I’m glad to hear it is working well for you. I cannot wait to try it.

I am not recommending this to everyone. Obviously others will feel differently about this but for those who cannot find a doctor to prescribe prescription antifungals. This is an option.

It has been known for a long time big pharmacy makes a lot of prescription drugs for sale for animals that are identical to human drugs and even have to pass the same quality control in the same labs.

I cannot guarantee this for medistatin but it sounds like it is very much the same but again. Use at your own risk.

Thanks again Ruffian. This is an interesting option for some willing to try it.

oh one last thing, the kind I’m getting is 400,000 IU and 100 gram container. What is the dosage you take? I’ve read 1/8 teaspoon per 4 oz of water? 3 to 4times a day. Is that what your normally take? How about for a 2 quart enema bag. Thanks

What!?? People have to scour the world looking for a doctor to prescribe this and yet my pigeon can get this shit over the counter? Wish I knew about this 2 years ago.

Ruffian;49725 wrote: I agree with you that everyone should use at your own risk. I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t feel that it was a safe alternative, at least for me. It has worked.

1 tsp is roughly 5 grams. At 400,000 iu per gram, 1 tsp is about 2 million iu. 1/8 tsp is therefore about 250,000 iu. If one iu of Nystatin is the same as 1 USP unit of Nystatin, then 250,000 iu is a very low dose. Willam Crook, MD, author of “The Yeast Connection”, would start patients out at 1 million USP units 4 times a day. A quick search online reveals that an iu is usually, but not always, equal to a USP unit. If the units are in fact the same for Nystatin (needs to be confirmed), then 1 million USP units would be 2.5 grams (0.5 tsp) of Medistatin.

CS

Smitty99

I just got this stuff yesterday and I’m trying to figure out what exactly a gram measurement would be but the darn stuff is tough to weigh.

Are you figuring by your measurements that 1/8 teaspoon is roughly 1 gram? Therefore 1 gram = 400,000 IU of nystatin.

I’d like to take close to a 3 million IU dose per day divided into 3 separate so I’ve been doing 2 1/8 teaspoons per 4 oz glass. Does this sound right?

I don’t want to use too much but at the same time I dont’ want to use too little as that will be a waste too.

Thanks Ruffian!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ruffian – medistatin’ is closed to new replies.