Rotating food – how important is it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rotating food – how important is it?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    I wonder if you guys rotate food and anti-fungals?
    How important is it? Did you do this Able and Raster or did you get healed without doing it? I looked over my food list and intake and tried to combine Rasters 25g rule, a rotation principle and our food allowed list. I must say that this is extremely difficult if not impossible to manage.
    I read that one should separate the food by 4 days. If I today have our coconut bread with avocado and cant eat that then for 4 days I would not know what to eat any more.

all the best
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think its pretty important, however I have difficulty implementing the rotation idea also. I guess the main thing I rotate now is buckwheat/oat bran in the morning (every other day and switch between the two) and buckwheat/black rice/red rice for dinner. I also rotate between chicken and lamb for dinner. Thats about as good as I can do it!

My constant food items I eat daily (don’t rotate):
    1)Greek yogurt and kefir +15 blueberries
    2)Salads
    3)Pumpkin pie muffin bread
    4)Teff/buckwheat/coconut bread
    5)Rice cakes and almond butter (phase 2 item)
    6)eggs

Green apple 1-2x per week
    Potato 2x per week (phase 2 item)

Hope this helps Thomas!

I recommend getting some of those supplements mentioned to heal the leaky gut. I would consider cinnamon pearls for this. Also digestive enzymes are supposedly effective for healing the gut as well!

As far as rotating antifungals; I sorta have stopped this. I used to take oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract but I don’t really need them anymore it seems like (I am feeling really good). I take garlic capsules for a few weeks and then stop for a few weeks and then take it again. I always take the SF722 every single day.

One thing you should consider Thomas is to take a certain antifungal for 4-6 weeks. Then start/try another antifungal for the same amount of time, and then go back to the first or even a new antifungal. I wouldn’t do more than 3 different types plus the SF722.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: I think its pretty important, however I have difficulty implementing the rotation idea also. I guess the main thing I rotate now is buckwheat/oat bran in the morning (every other day and switch between the two) and buckwheat/black rice/red rice for dinner. I also rotate between chicken and lamb for dinner. Thats about as good as I can do it!

My constant food items I eat daily (don’t rotate):
    1)Greek yogurt and kefir +15 blueberries
    2)Salads
    3)Pumpkin pie muffin bread
    4)Teff/buckwheat/coconut bread
    5)Rice cakes and almond butter (phase 2 item)
    6)eggs

Green apple 1-2x per week
    Potato 2x per week (phase 2 item)

Hope this helps Thomas!

I recommend getting some of those supplements mentioned to heal the leaky gut. I would consider cinnamon pearls for this. Also digestive enzymes are supposedly effective for healing the gut as well!

As far as rotating antifungals; I sorta have stopped this. I used to take oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract but I don’t really need them anymore it seems like (I am feeling really good). I take garlic capsules for a few weeks and then stop for a few weeks and then take it again. I always take the SF722 every single day.

One thing you should consider Thomas is to take a certain antifungal for 4-6 weeks. Then start/try another antifungal for the same amount of time, and then go back to the first or even a new antifungal. I wouldn’t do more than 3 different types plus the SF722.

-Raster

Hi Raster,

thank you for your post.

Which of the supplements for healing a leaky gut you advice me to take and which work together with our protocol? You wrote about cinnamon pearls are there more we can take in phase 1 in our diet?

thank you
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: Hi guys, I wonder if you guys rotate food and anti-fungals?

Personally I never rotated any of the food that I ate. Probably because during my treatment I deliberately ate a minimum number of different foods. Mainly green vegetables and eggs, both every day. Same goes for coconut bread, and yogurt/kefir, again, every day. I figured the fewer types of foods I ate, the less chance of a reaction to a food item. Maybe that’s why I never received many reactions – other than very early on when I tried to introduce new foods too soon.
    I’m sure that I made greater progress after I cut meat and eventually chicken and fish out of my diet.
    I’m not saying that a person can’t cure Candida without avoiding animal protein, only that I was in a hurry to get the infestation out of my body and I believed it would speed things along.

Someone will probably ask if these same foods eaten over and over everyday ever became tiresome. The answer to that would be no. I just looked forward to having food, as long as it filled me up it was fine.

I did however rotate antifungals a bit, but not very often. I only used grapefruit seed extract in the beginning, and then oil of oregano, coconut oil, and garlic, so there wasn’t a lot to rotate as I assumed I needed all of these as often as possible, as least until all symptoms had basically disappeared.

I still believe that no matter how long I would have kept this up, I would never have reached a cure with only the diet and antifungals. I’m convinced that it was the high doses of probiotics plus homemade kefir which eventually brought about a complete cure.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

Hi guys, I wonder if you guys rotate food and anti-fungals?

Personally I never rotated any of the food that I ate. Probably because during my treatment I deliberately ate a minimum number of different foods. Mainly green vegetables and eggs, both every day. Same goes for coconut bread, and yogurt/kefir, again, every day. I figured the fewer types of foods I ate, the less chance of a reaction to a food item. Maybe that’s why I never received many reactions – other than very early on when I tried to introduce new foods too soon.
    I’m sure that I made greater progress after I cut meat and eventually chicken and fish out of my diet.
    I’m not saying that a person can’t cure Candida without avoiding animal protein, only that I was in a hurry to get the infestation out of my body and I believed it would speed things along.

Someone will probably ask if these same foods eaten over and over everyday ever became tiresome. The answer to that would be no. I just looked forward to having food, as long as it filled me up it was fine.

I did however rotate antifungals a bit, but not very often. I only used grapefruit seed extract in the beginning, and then oil of oregano, coconut oil, and garlic, so there wasn’t a lot to rotate as I assumed I needed all of these as often as possible, as least until all symptoms had basically disappeared.

I still believe that no matter how long I would have kept this up, I would never have reached a cure with only the diet and antifungals. I’m convinced that it was the high doses of probiotics plus homemade kefir which eventually brought about a complete cure.

Able

Very interesting. I too have no problem eating the same food over and over but I am afraid that these too would turn into allergic reaction. That is what some people say. In your case it didn’t turn out so, which is quite good news to me. I am not able either to rotate much. I don’t have the change now to make my own kefir but I have Russian kefir from the shop. I hope that is good too. I too want to start my own but its very difficult here in Sweden to get it done. Have to find someone who sells it to me.

cheers
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Able900 wrote:

Able

How many cups of Kefir did you use a day ?? How many of yogurt ?? Did you alternate ??
    Thanks.

Thomas

dvjorge wrote:

Able

How many cups of Kefir did you use a day ?? How many of yogurt ?? Did you alternate ??
    Thanks.

About 600 g Kefir over the day and 2 to 4 Tablespoons organic greek yogurt. I am not changing anything and keep to them.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I usually had two glasses or around 12 oz of kefir a day and two bowls of Greek yogurt during the treatment. I still have two bowls of Greek yogurt a day, and perhaps 5 oz of kefir.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Thomas wrote: Hi guys,
    How important is it? Did you do this Able and Raster or did you get healed without doing it? I looked over my food list and intake and tried to combine Rasters 25g rule, a rotation principle and our food allowed list. I must say that this is extremely difficult if not impossible to manage.
    I read that one should separate the food by 4 days. If I today have our coconut bread with avocado and cant eat that then for 4 days I would not know what to eat any more.

all the best
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I couldn’t respond your PM because your inbox was full and didn’t accept more message.
    Jorge.

Thomas

dvjorge wrote:

Hi guys,

all the best
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I couldn’t respond your PM because your inbox was full and didn’t accept more message.
    Jorge.

strange, I have only very few, I am checking on that!
    cheers
    thomas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rotating food – how important is it?’ is closed to new replies.