rose hip tea

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions rose hip tea

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jee
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 20

Hi everyone

Coffe and tea should be avoided, but the allowed food list http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx states that rose hip tea is ok? I’m confused now. Tea is ok? Or just this tea (along with nettle leaf tea)

Would Lipton Rosehip tea be oke then?

Kind regards

Jee

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Tea can mean the tea plant (camellia sinensis) that gives you green tea, chai tea, Earl Grey tea etc, or just a hot beverage made with dried herbs, spices, fruits etc. It’s the tea plant you want to avoid on the diet because it contains caffeine. If you steeped some minced ginger in boiling water, you’d have a kind of herbal tea, which is allowed. Rose hip, nettle, camomile and such fall into the latter category.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All herbal teas are allowed, all caffeinated teas are not allowed.

I once was concerned about the mold content found in the teas, but it seems that boiling water kills all the mold found within them.

-Raster

Jee

So Lipton Rosehip tea is OK? I’m just asking if a “product” tea is ok, to make sure you don’t mean “get some dried up rose hip, let it bath in hot water and that’s your tea”

edit: also, what is your opinion on Danone Activia yoghurt? the plain, “nature” kind, contains 4.3 grams of sugar / 100 g. Is this ok? Or out of the question? …

Kind regards

Jee

Jee

*bump*

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If the lipton tea contains no caffeine or sugar then it is ok.

As far as the dannon yogurt, I am unsure what a 100g looks like as far as serving size. If 4-5 100g servings is a bowl of yogurt, then thats like 17g of suger per serving. This would be too much sugar for the diet. A great alternative is to eat greek yogurt which has 8-11g of sugar per serving and contains more probiotics than other generic yogurts (I believe).

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rose hip tea’ is closed to new replies.