Rich Chocolate cake – the lazy way

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Rich Chocolate cake – the lazy way

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

First of all let me say this isn’t an original creation, – it’s a fusion of a Lisa Richards recipe and a recipe I found on a UK stevia website. I’ve doubled the quantities and put it into US measures. Not sure this would be at all suitable for anyone following a strict candida diet but it IS gluten free and sugar free. It’s very rich so probably better for an occasional treat and survives being cut into slices, and frozen. Keeps for 3 or 4 days in the fridge. You could use all cocoa (I used the carob as because I think it gives it a nice taste and I didn’t have enough cocoa powder) or all carob (though I don’t think you would get such a rich taste that way). (It’s nice and easy to make – everything chucked in a blender and no flaffing about lining cake tins with parchment paper)

Ingredients
    ============

Cake
    ——
    1 cup almond flour
    1 tsp gluten free baking powder
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp carob powder
    Stevia (or sweetener) to taste
    4 eggs
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1 tsp alcohol free vanilla essence
    3/4 cups black beans (drained and rinsed)

Oven temp – 350 F
    Time – about 25 minutes
    7 inch round cake tin greased with coconut oil

Chuck eggs, coconut oil, vanilla essence and drained beans into a blender. Blend for about 2 mins at a high speed. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the stevia) and blend at lower speed until they are all mixed in. Add sweetener to taste (hint make the mixture a little sweeter than you want as the finished cake will be less sweet ). Put in greased cake tin and bake for about 25 mins pricking centre of cake to test. Leave to cool.

Rich chocolate filling

1 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp hazelnut butter (you could use another nut butter or leave it out)
    sweetener to taste

Mix the ingredients together until you get a rich dark chocolate cream with the right sweetness. Cut the cake in half and sandwich it together with the chocolate cream.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Rich Chocolate cake – the lazy way’ is closed to new replies.