Rice – Yay or Nay?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rice – Yay or Nay?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Banshee 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

MrOneSeries
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey there, I wanted to ask about rice and whether I can have it in my diet at the start of a cleanse?

Some advice says to avoid grains entirely to begin with and other advise says you can have gluten-free grains.

If I have to exclude rice from my diet, then I will struggle to get any carbs in my diet apart from leafy greens and this is a big concern to me.

MrOneSeries
    Participant

Also, I guess oats are out?

What the heck can I have for breakfast?

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

You’ll have to experiment a bit. I use pseudograins.

MrOneSeries
    Participant

You’ll have to experiment a bit. I use pseudograins.

What are those? Never heard of them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Buckwheat, quinoa, teff, etc. are suedo grains.

Rice is mostly ok for the diet but white rice is not ok for the diet because it contains more sugar. The best types of rice for the diet include red, black, and wild rice. I would try to limit yourself to one serving of rice per day.

-raster

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I found brown rice to be too starchy in the earlier phases of the diet. I myself intend to wait at least six months before trying it again, just to play it safe.

While on the subject, for those who’ve done this longer, when might brown rice pasta be added to the diet? Or another type of gluten-free pasta?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Brown rice pasta is fine after 6+ months or so but if you are eating it with tomato sauce, the sauce is the main thing to worry about because it contains 20+ grams of sugar per serving.

-raster

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Great to know, and will be looking forward to that six month mark.

Tomatoes do seem to fall into a grey area. I’m sure those natural sugars add up, even in an otherwise sugar-free sauce.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rice – Yay or Nay?’ is closed to new replies.