Rice paper is only 4g carbs and 0.02g sugar, can I have it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rice paper is only 4g carbs and 0.02g sugar, can I have it?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SueSullivan 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Its only 4g carbs per serving (1) and very little sugar.

I have been staying away from white rice but this looks harmless.
    Is rice paper a big no-no?

(just to add… one cup of white rice is 44g carbs)

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

In general, as I understand it, the decision to eat any carb is based primarly on whether it offers significant help in fighting the candida, since carbs feed candida so much better than fats or proteins. And rice is neither pre-biotic nor anti-fungal.
    The next consideration is reactivity/sensitivity. With leaky gut, any food particle can escape into the blood stream and trigger a (hopefully temporary) immune response, and rice is an allergen for some people. A food reaction is going to slow down your recovery.
    So, you could try it, watch for negative reactions, and let that be your guide. Or you could avoid a potential setback by staying on the strict diet longer. In my mind, it would depend on how long I’d been on the strict diet and how good I felt my digestion was at this point.
    fwiw,
    Sue

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think its both ridiculous to ask whether this is OK and for suesullivan to say that it most likely is not ok. This is such a small serving of “rice” that it shouldn’t bring any setback at all. Its like the equivelent of less than 10 grains of rice. OMG you might set back the treatment .000001% and feed the yeast. Well here is the bottom line…you are going to feed the yeast strict diet or not, there is no avoiding feeding the yeast. And guess what, you also need carbs to survive! You need to feed yourself too!

And sue you are incorrect, rice is prebiotic.

-raster

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Well I have to agree with Sue.
    Everything she wrote is correct, and no-one is stopping you from trying it.

But Raster although you are also right, I think Sue deserves to be commended on such a great response, and not belittled.

Bansaw
    Participant

All toes should be intact. I appreciated your response Sue.

SueSullivan

Hey Bansaw, sorry I deleted my reply that made your toes comment look random. I decided that I was just trying to defend myself and that wasn’t contributing to the discussion enough to be worth it. For the record, I was clarifying what I thought I said and wondering if I’d stepped on toes somehow.

Bansaw
    Participant

SueSullivan;49224 wrote: I decided that I was just trying to defend myself and that wasn’t contributing to the discussion enough to be worth it.

Aha, the secret to a happy marriage: a husband or wife who is humble enough and strong enough not to defend themselves all the time!

SueSullivan

Haha, you are so right, Bansaw. Seventeen years into my marriage, and I just might be getting the hang of that. Sometimes. On a good day. 😛

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m a little grouchy today and didn’t sleep well and this is why my post sounds a little more annoyed/edgy than normal. I know you had good intentions sue and its not on able’s diet. However it should basically be neutral on the diet in the amount of harm it would cause.

If the small amount of rice allows you to eat healthy food (the stuff inside the wrap thing you are making), I think it is justified to add it to the diet.

-raster

SueSullivan

You’re right of course. Unless someone has a food sensitivity reaction to rice, a wrapper or two isn’t going to be a problem, carb wise. I do think though, that, early on in the diet at least, the little deviations can be a slippery slope. I notice I’m more willing to try to talk myself into more cheats if I’ve already allowed myself to cheat with something pretty innocuous. I find it useful to remind myself of why I’m trying to stick as closely as possible to it, to keep my willpower up. That’s why I reiterated what I did.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rice paper is only 4g carbs and 0.02g sugar, can I have it?’ is closed to new replies.