Rice Flour in Supplements (question for Able or Raster)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Rice Flour in Supplements (question for Able or Raster)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flashas9 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rosegarden
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I noticed that the only apo-lactoferrin that is available for sale online has rice flour in it:

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01681/Lactoferrin-apolactoferrin-Caps.html

Is the rice flour okay? If not, then what brand has safe ingrediants?

Also I have been using Life Extension’s R Lipoic Acid and it also has rice flour in in it.

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01208/Super-R-Lipoic-Acid.html?source=search&key=r%20-lipoic%20acid

Thanks for your help

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I noticed that the only apo-lactoferrin that is available for sale online has rice flour in it.

In the case of apolactoferrin, the rice flour acts as an excipient. An “excipient” is an inactive substance which must be used as a carrier for the active ingredient in a supplement or medication; otherwise, the main substance can’t perform the way it was intended. Common excipients used are starch, glucose, lactose, sucrose, malt, rice flour, dextrins, and even chalk. Rice flour is probably the least of these possible evils.

Able

flashas9
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

I think that in this case its best to supplement with a meal (at the very beginning, so it would be digested as much as possible) that contains some antifungals (to fend off the candida from the rice flour?)

p.s the amount of rice flour is less than 0.3g in 1 caps, therefore it should be utilized in the very beginning of the small intestine(where candida is usually absent)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rice Flour in Supplements (question for Able or Raster)’ is closed to new replies.