results from stool test

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions results from stool test

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Laurie210 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Laurie210
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

I have been on diflucan for 4 months and no relief and got confirmed candida by antibody test. I just recently went to another doctor and tested positive for candida with 3+. and i also have a parasite called blstocystis hominis. The doctor prescribed tindamax for the parasite and also gave me digestive enzymes . I was wondering if anyone takes digestive enzymes? I am now taking Nystatin for the candida. any info anyone has on this i would appreciate it. I also have a low thyroid and on armour thyroid.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Laurie210;39846 wrote: I have been on diflucan for 4 months and no relief and got confirmed candida by antibody test. I just recently went to another doctor and tested positive for candida with 3+. and i also have a parasite called blstocystis hominis. The doctor prescribed tindamax for the parasite and also gave me digestive enzymes . I was wondering if anyone takes digestive enzymes? I am now taking Nystatin for the candida. any info anyone has on this i would appreciate it. I also have a low thyroid and on armour thyroid.

Don’t take more Diflucan for now. Take Nystatin plus some natural antifungal such as Oregano Oil and Monolaurin. I guess you follow an anticandida diet.

Jorge.

Laurie210

thanks. My doctor told me to up the Nystatin from 2 a day to 4. I do follow the diet. mostly veggies and chicken. I am down to 102 lbs with this diet and being so sick. Makes me so sad. I am losing alot of hair also.

Lordshelpr
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Hi Laurie,
    I have the same dx as you do,plus some. I take digestive enzymes and,for me, it makes a huge difference. Shop around and see which ones you like best. Some work better than others and there are a lot of them out there.

I took alinia for 2 weeks for the parasites. Beware of eating out at salad bars as they are populated with easy parasites.

May I ask what test you took to get the dx of parasites and candida? Was it just the antibody test or something else?

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Hi Laurie- how many milligrams a day of diflucan were you on?

Laurie210

i was taking 200 mg of diflucan a day. my stool test couldnt determine the strain of candida. That was my main reason for getting the test to make sure i was on the right medicine. I was expecting for them to find a parasite also. I have read you can get it from pets. My dog has been throwing up every so often and wonder if i should try to get my dog tested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘results from stool test’ is closed to new replies.