Restless Leg Syndrome

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Restless Leg Syndrome

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

lettingo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Try L-Tyrosine. Restless leg syndrome can be caused by low dopamine levels, actually restlessness in general can be linked to low dopamine levels. Your dopamine levels might just be coming down off of the sugar highs after all of these years(sugar spikes dopamine and drains your natural levels, like other drugs). L-tyrosine really helps me if I can’t sleep due to restlessness, basically it’s an amino acid that the body uses to build dopamine, it acts within 30 mins for me and has done wonders for many restless nights. I find myself relying on it both after I make a mistake with a sugar attack and find myself having a dopamine-low after the dopamine-high, and also during candida die off. You can also try L-dopa (it comes in the form of mucuna pruriens), but L-tyrosine has better ratings and is more natural.

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

I know this is weird but for some reason it works – put bar of soap in your bed near your feet – it works!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I talked to my naturopath last night about it because I was concerned that I had a magnesium, zinc, or calcium deficiency and that this is what caused RLS. He stated that its not just one mineral, its ALL minerals that you are deficient in; this is due to a demineralization problem that plagues many people who live in western society. I am taking homeopathics which address my mineral deficiencies and I know they are working because my hair is growing faster (sorta gross actually). For instance, my back and ear hair is growing faster (lol) and I know that my nails are as well.

Thought I’d share this information…

-raster

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Raster, i believe that as well. i think it is a combo of things. I was having this discussion earlier with a friend about this very thing. and me taking all the vitamins and minerals is making a big difference in my RLS.

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Raster, I really hope you are a guy! LOL
    Thanks for that info, I’ve only been focusing on the Magnesium. Maybe I’ll get some mineral drops. I may try the soap too! Who knows, maybe it’s got some minerals in it?..or eat dirt….right?

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I’ve begun to have restless legs since after the start of the diet. Did any of you find any joy in treating it?

Also, do you guys get it before you even get into bed? I feel kind of restless all over – in my chest as well as my legs – but am also exhausted.

Thanks, amigos!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Mine has gone away since I started taking powdered Magnesium/Cal supplement. I would guess that my lack of enzymes and poor digestion were the cause. Since I’ve switched as many supplements as I can to powder all my mineral deficient symptoms have went away. I used to have RLS and a smell hallucination, all gone now.

Flipper

I have to wonder how much of this is actually due to the Adrenals not working well. I’m really focused now on my adrenal fatigue. The adrenals regulate minerals. I found it odd when I had RLS and I took Mag. it got worse. I stopped taking minerals and it got better (Just the reverse of what you would think). I wonder how many of us are dealing with poor adrenal function. It’s all a balancing act with all our systems.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

Flipper;40675 wrote: I have to wonder how much of this is actually due to the Adrenals not working well. I’m really focused now on my adrenal fatigue. The adrenals regulate minerals. I found it odd when I had RLS and I took Mag. it got worse. I stopped taking minerals and it got better (Just the reverse of what you would think). I wonder how many of us are dealing with poor adrenal function. It’s all a balancing act with all our systems.

I have adrenal fatigue and also have restless leg syndrome. For me its more related to anxiety. When Im feeling really stressed nervous I get them alot more. I have started taking magnesium but only about 400 mg a day. I should probably up my dosage?

Ive found that when I do things such as yoga/meditation/deep breathing they will go away but once my anxiety comes back I get that twitching in my legs again.

Flipper

Jereseib, That totally makes sense to me. When you are stressed you stress the adrenals, which then isn’t operating right and you get restless leg. Stress is the WORST thing for adrenal fatigue.
    Try more magnesium, but you may also need some other minerals as well.

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Water. Lots of water. MIne started a month or two into the strict diet. I quickly noticed that the days I wasn’t drinking much water, would be followed by a sleepless night of RLS. Seems I’ve gotta drink around 4 water bottles per day to prevent it- think it’s about 100 oz daily. I’m 5’7 and 140 lbs.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I have had RLS since i was 17 yrs old. If your legs are antzy, it make be something your taking… kind of like too much caffeine. otherwise RLS is hard to treat without taking some sort of meds…which i refuse to take. so i just take a hot bath before bed and hope for the best. since taking all of my vitamins and herbs i take..i still have RLS but..it seems to have lessoned in severity. i think a good diet and plenty of vit and minerals is your best bet for RLS..now called Willis-Ekbom Disease.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Restless Leg Syndrome’ is closed to new replies.