Requesting Cocunut Sugar Advice, Please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Requesting Cocunut Sugar Advice, Please!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JustSayNOYeast 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JustSayNOYeast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi Good Candida People,

In my trolling the many aisles of the Health Food Stores, reading labels and whatnot, I stumbled across something I’ve never seen before called Coconut Sugar. I didn’t purchase it for fear of it’s not being allowed on the diet, but I thought I’d throw this question out there:

Is this a “safe” sweetener that can be included in the Anti-Candida Diet?

Since Cocunut Oil can be used, I wouldn’t imagine that Coconut Sugar to be all that different or deviate too much from the eating program. Here is a link to see more info about it. I’ve read it and now think it seems like an OK sweetener (like Stevia or Xylitol). As they say, “Everything in moderation” right?

Any input from the Anti-Candida “Experts” would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    🙂

debthebee
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

I’m sorry to say that I’m not an expert and although this SOUNDS ok, can I ask what the ingredients are in this coconut sugar? I’ve never heard of it so I don’t know if it’s just made from coconut or if there’s anything added. That might help people answer the question better.

sarah
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

I’d advise against it. While it’s low on the glycemic index, it is a form of sugar. And candida will gladly eat sugar in any form it’s offered.

Gloria
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

What about coconut water (no added sugar obviously)?

JustSayNOYeast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Thanks, Guys. I’m still perplexed by it but have chosen to say away from it, for now anyway. I’m also usually a regular drinker of Coconut Water, but have avoided it for this initial cleansing period, too. Seems a shame really, since the sugar content is so low. There’s certainly no more sugar in it than there is in the Coconut Oil, right?

Stay tuned & I’ll let you know if I do decide to try out the Coconut Sugar. My Jury’s still out, but it certainly does LOOK like it would be okay (Moderation is Key). Unfortunately it only comes in a big, enormous family size bag… no sample size.

Go, Coconuts!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Requesting Cocunut Sugar Advice, Please!’ is closed to new replies.