Report if you are cured, please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Report if you are cured, please

This topic contains 81 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Snowkelp 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dvjorge;39040 wrote:

Nah, I also acknowledge that my food obsession is part of what got me here and the only way to stay out is to stay away from the garbage for life (obviously, as Able says, with exceptions…just that junk should not be the rule, no sugar desserts every night and so on).

I would like to know from where your ignorant statement that junk food causes candida is coming from??

I guess this is in reference to your other post in this thread. Quote: “As an open forum, we should be able to voice anything with
    respect and consideration.”

At any rate, Alex’s exact words were, “food obsession is part of what got me here”

dvjorge;39040 wrote: Junk food increases the infection one time it is latent.

Latent: dormant or undeveloped but able to develop normally under suitable conditions.

In my experience with Candida, and apparently Alex’s as well, food was the ‘suitable condition’ which caused the Candida to develop and become a fungal infestation. I’ve mentioned to you before that when I contracted the infestation I had not been given antibiotics in over ten years, yet when I went on an all fruit diet I suddenly developed the overwhelming symptoms of a Candida infestation. So I had Candida in my body but they were dormant for ten years at least, and I may have lived the rest of my life never having experienced a Candida infestation, but food, in my case in the form of fruit, was the culprit which actually brought on the fungal infestation. The point is, doesn’t it appear that we have enough debates on the forum which may actually have the potential of helping someone without adding semantics to the list?

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Able900;39044 wrote:

Nah, I also acknowledge that my food obsession is part of what got me here and the only way to stay out is to stay away from the garbage for life (obviously, as Able says, with exceptions…just that junk should not be the rule, no sugar desserts every night and so on).

I would like to know from where your ignorant statement that junk food causes candida is coming from??

I guess this is in reference to your other post in this thread. Quote: “As an open forum, we should be able to voice anything with
    respect and consideration.”

At any rate, Alex’s exact words were, “food obsession is part of what got me here”

dvjorge;39040 wrote: Junk food increases the infection one time it is latent.

Latent: dormant or undeveloped but able to develop normally under suitable conditions.

In my experience with Candida, and apparently Alex’s as well, food was the ‘suitable condition’ which caused the Candida to develop and become a fungal infestation. I’ve mentioned to you before that when I contracted the infestation I had not been given antibiotics in over ten years, yet when I went on an all fruit diet I suddenly developed the overwhelming symptoms of a Candida infestation. So I had Candida in my body but they were dormant for ten years at least, and I may have lived the rest of my life never having experienced a Candida infestation, but food, in my case in the form of fruit, was the culprit which actually brought on the fungal infestation. The point is, doesn’t it appear that we have enough debates on the forum which may actually have the potential of helping someone without adding semantics to the list?

Able

You are convinced that fruits caused your infection, and I am convinced they don’t. So, we will never agree with it.
    What chock me is the time you have been posting and learning about this syndrome and still you think this way.
    I am pretty sure the world population have more addicts to fruits than what you ever was that don’t show a single symptom of CRC. Again, CRC isn’t caused by dietary habits but by immunologic problems that may be linked to many things as you probably already know.

Fruits weren’t the cause of your infection but immune fails linked to your own immune system that allowed it in the same way it happened to me and everybody who contracts it.

The immune system is so complex that a big diversity of minor intrinsic and acquired immune defects are linked to CMC.

Yes, you could see the infection showed up after a period of your life when you were eating a lot of fruits and that made you to believe they were the culprit. Fruits accelerated your infection and your symptoms but they weren’t the root of the problem. Fruits probably coincided with a time of your life when you were developed immune tolerance to yeast, I am expeculating !! . Acquired immune tolerance can happen at any time of your life.

I am sure we all agree a good nutrition and healthy diet is the way to go. It doesn’t make any sense to go around it in circle. We all know it. No every candida debate needs to go to the nutrition route since there are more important things to be worry about it.

It is logic to think that if dietary habits were the cause of this syndrome, there were millions infected and suffering CRC when this isn’t the true.

We are a group that is affected because our immune status and iatrogenic causes.

Jorge.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I literally have a permanent tattoo of a potato on my leg

Ha HA! ha

I have a tattoo of Mushrooms on my ankle! and it’s my only tattoo, welcome to my irony.

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

I tend to agree about getting to the root cause. I really had no issues with candida after I cleansed myself 10 years ago. I was eating quite well and pretty much what I’d like without any health issues. I wasn’t a huge junk eater though. But my point is that I hadn’t had a vaginal yeast infection or anything of the kind after my initial cleanse for a very long time because I stayed on good health supplements. I do now see what my initial downfall was and it had a lot to do with depression and anxiety. That led to drinking too much wine and not taking care of myself 100%. From there the doses of antibiotics I was led into believing that I had to take just slammed me down. I can pretty much piece it all together. So I do agree to getting to the root cause for sure and one thing that does frustrate me a little is that there seems to be a “one size fits all” mentality where fighting candida is concerned. As I have said before I do respect the fact that certain diets are good for and have worked for some. I’m not 100% convinced though that the one diet is for everyone. It really does depend on the individual and their past lifestyle choices. Some bodies also don’t respond to the same treatment as my holistic doctor explained to me today. She realises that I am one who needs different types of food. Therefore my diet has been changed. I was literally almost bed ridden because I had no energy to do anything.
    I also see the point about being so involved in online chat rooms and forums. They really can be addictive when you are alone for long periods of time and they can become your friend. I myself have been involved in positive ones though for my art and not this type of thing but I can really see how one can become so caught up in this whole thing. I was actually starting to think too many negative things and that I must be doing something wrong to not be able to stick to this strict diet fully. I didn’t give up because of the food choices in the end though…It was my health. Speaking from experience, a strict diet is not good for everyone.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

JORGE! Please read what Able and I are saying…we are not saying that the candida was CAUSED by our eating habits, we are saying it was a trigger to cause the candida to go haywire. I am fairly certain my root cause is taking too many antibiotics as a child for ear infections (I recall my tongue being covered in a thick white coating often when I was young), and I know that a crazy round of them about ten years ago didn’t do me any favors.

However, it wasn’t until about five years ago when I was at a job that caused me horrible stress, depression, and anxiety, which then triggered my junk food addiction, that things started to go downhill. First slowly, then about a year and a half ago, they really got bad after a particularly stressful two months of terrible eating due to being on the road and homeless.

Please read what I say before you call me ignorant.

Also, please note, again, that I have NEVER said only a diet will cure candida, even though you have accused me of it a couple of times now. It is the diet AND PROTOCOL of probiotics, antifungals, and other supplements that is the other, equally important, half of the equation.

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

It seems we might all have different perspectives about what was normal in regards to diet and so this is where a lot of the arguments are flaring up.
    We all probably come from different parts of the world too and the “normal diets” all differ.
    I watch things on TV where people sit down to enormous meals with food covering the table for everyone to be able to choose what they want and the amount they want every night.
    Or some sit down to packaged frozen meals because its convenient. Some will have dessert every night of the week so it’s going to vary as to what we all think is “normal”.
    It’s just common sense and educating yourself on what is actually healthy. Alex said it right too…you do have to re-train your body/brain and once you do make changes you do realise that the old bad habits really aren’t what you want to do so much. You might not completely change having some foods altogether but you will limit how many times you have it because you will rethink how it makes you feel.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dvjorge;39046 wrote: You are convinced that fruits caused your infection, and I am convinced they don’t. So, we will never agree with it.
    What chock me is the time you have been posting and learning about this syndrome and still you think this way.Again, CRC isn’t caused by dietary habits but by immunologic problems that may be linked to many things as you probably already know.

Oh my god, Jorge. I’m actually agreeing with you and you’re still arguing the point with me. I can’t believe you, man.
    Do you see the statement below? You posted it in case you don’t remember.

Quote: food increases the infection one time it is latent
    And then I wrote this part, “Latent: dormant or undeveloped but able to develop normally under suitable conditions.”

And then my dear friend, I agreed with you.

Now how about reading my entire post this time before you decide to disagree with anything I write, and maybe you’ll see that I agreed with your statement, in fact, I’ve always agreed with this part of the Candida development. They can go dormant, I’ve written about this before myself, but the “infection” as you called it doesn’t develop and may never develop into a physical Candida fungal infestation without a “suitable condition:” Like your own quote states, the suitable condition can be a food source. Read your own post, Jorge.

So it looks like I was spot on even more than I thought, it really is about semantics with you. We have to write our own experiences in ‘your’ words, or you’ll disagree with us.

Able

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

This thread is exhausting and so counter-productive. Literally, people are saying the exact same thing through different ways, and arguing with the other as to who is more semantically correct.

Mooch, I feel you on the pasta and how frustrating/discouraging it is — although I love it with cream sauces like alfredo, which is basically like eating lard. It is disheartening to see family/friends eat “junk” or whatever they please without any repercussions. However, the one thing I’ve learned is that’s not the case for me. I’ve been watching what I ate for years now (being a 25 year old female), and I’ve accepted that I can’t pig out or eat unhealthy foods/treats without some sort of [mild] consequence.

Through this process, I’ve learned that I DO care about what I am putting into my body on a daily basis, and I desire a healthier lifestyle through making the right food choices with an occasional treat in moderation. After all, 30 is right around the corner!

dvjorge
    Participant

Able900;39071 wrote:

You are convinced that fruits caused your infection, and I am convinced they don’t. So, we will never agree with it.
    What chock me is the time you have been posting and learning about this syndrome and still you think this way.Again, CRC isn’t caused by dietary habits but by immunologic problems that may be linked to many things as you probably already know.

Oh my god, Jorge. I’m actually agreeing with you and you’re still arguing the point with me. I can’t believe you, man.
    Do you see the statement below? You posted it in case you don’t remember.

Quote: food increases the infection one time it is latent
    And then I wrote this part, “Latent: dormant or undeveloped but able to develop normally under suitable conditions.”

And then my dear friend, I agreed with you.

Now how about reading my entire post this time before you decide to disagree with anything I write, and maybe you’ll see that I agreed with your statement, in fact, I’ve always agreed with this part of the Candida development. They can go dormant, I’ve written about this before myself, but the “infection” as you called it doesn’t develop and may never develop into a physical Candida fungal infestation without a “suitable condition:” Like your own quote states, the suitable condition can be a food source. Read your own post, Jorge.

So it looks like I was spot on even more than I thought, it really is about semantics with you. We have to write our own experiences in ‘your’ words, or you’ll disagree with us.

Able

I didn’t interpret you post in the way you are telling it now. I saw your post as warning about fruits and pointing to the excessive fruit intake as the cause of your overgrowth.

It doesn’t matter if it was fruits or excessive amount of sugar, bread, pasta, or anything. Any of these could cause your overgrowth because something was wrong with your protection.

The point is you had something linked to your protective mechanism that failed to defend you against the fungal overgrowth. An acquired immune tolerance that you developed overtime, a minor immune defect, or any other hidden cause.

Normal people can eat a truck loaded of fruits, refined carbohydrates, and sugars every day, and they don’t develop a fungal growth.

The antibiotics disrupt a part of the defensive mechanisms that protect us against the yeast, the beneficial bacterial flora. The other branch is the immune system. The overgrowth occur when one of these two mechanisms fail. In some people, the antibiotics are the cause, other people never take it but develop tolerance to the yeast and the immune system stops attacking it.

Jorge.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Mooch, I feel you on the pasta and how frustrating/discouraging it is — although I love it with cream sauces like alfredo, which is basically like eating lard. It is disheartening to see family/friends eat “junk” or whatever they please without any repercussions. However, the one thing I’ve learned is that’s not the case for me. I’ve been watching what I ate for years now (being a 25 year old female), and I’ve accepted that I can’t pig out or eat unhealthy foods/treats without some sort of [mild] consequence.

Through this process, I’ve learned that I DO care about what I am putting into my body on a daily basis, and I desire a healthier lifestyle through making the right food choices with an occasional treat in moderation. After all, 30 is right around the corner!

One day I hope to eat brown rice pasta at least with some meatballs and light gravy. I ate like a monster for 30 years lol. Now my lifestyle has caught up to me, I see people doing the same thing but worse and they aren’t suffering like me. However the millions of antibiotics I took has something to do with it lol. Its just a day by day marathon and not a sprint but one day we will all be cured

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Fruits: I read somewhere that fructose malabsorbtion (spell?) can cause an overgroth of c. albicans, but not sure where, will try pud.med or highwire/standford again..

NOW to something to the topic:
    I have in fact been “cured” 2 times in the past – But due to lack of knowlage got sick again after some weeks (damn MD’s who know nothing about this). First time was after 4 weeks of diet and Diflucan (was Very effective at the time), was completly “normal” until I started a very stressfull job and couldent eat enough/right stuff.
    2. time was when introducing probiotics for the first time after a cleanse (by mistake).

Right now, Im on itraconazole, nystatin and all the diet stuff/protocol – and for 3 days I was nearly symptom free! It really hit me how good it feels to be naturally tired and not having this odd feeling all the time.. Ill update on how it goes and what my doctor decides next or not 🙂

For my the key stuff is: nystatin, systemic antifungal, diet and very importend off all: The inhibiting probiotic environment in the gut – Without it, I get more sick by taking itraconazole. Further more, air humidity is really low at the time.. 50% -40%, this helps a great freaking deal! I not the most importend aspect for my condition.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

dvjorge;38839 wrote:

Nikki,
    I agree with you. A cured person should be able to drink and eat whatever he/she wants without a rebound. No matter if you eat a whole cake. [h]When the infection isn’t there, sugar isn’t feeding something that doesn’t exist, but if you eat, and the symptoms return, then it means the infection never went away completely.
    This is what is difficult to achieve since the infection must be eradicated inside and outside the cells. Current antinfungals and known treatment are weak correcting it.[/h]

Jorge.

Question,Jorge:

Is it your opinion that one cannot completely get rid of the candida without something like diflucan?

Im done wasting time, but would continue natural antifungals if I was told it would work.

I am having a hard time with the candida diet, because being vegan cuts the already limiting diet choice literally in half for me. I can tolerate a good amount of suffering if I know there is good reason. Knowing there is no good reason creates more suffering,lol!

Also, I read on curezone where you mentioned that alcohol without additional sugar in it was ok, and did not encourage candida.
    Do I have this information incorrect?

I havent had a drink in 6 months, but im mentally ready for one now.
    Not ready enough to screw up my progress,however 😉

Many thanks in advance.

<3

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Alcohol doesn’t feed the yeast as far as I know, I have tons of it in my supplements, etc. However keep in mind that alcohol damages your liver and your liver is the primary detox organ…because of this, alcohol is just about one of the worst things you could consume on the diet imho. Your liver likely would be impaired for days to weeks afterwards and you could have anxiety, etc. as a side effect.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;54306 wrote:

Nikki,
    I agree with you. A cured person should be able to drink and eat whatever he/she wants without a rebound. No matter if you eat a whole cake. [h]When the infection isn’t there, sugar isn’t feeding something that doesn’t exist, but if you eat, and the symptoms return, then it means the infection never went away completely.
    This is what is difficult to achieve since the infection must be eradicated inside and outside the cells. Current antinfungals and known treatment are weak correcting it.[/h]

Jorge.

Question,Jorge:

Is it your opinion that one cannot completely get rid of the candida without something like diflucan?

Im done wasting time, but would continue natural antifungals if I was told it would work.

I am having a hard time with the candida diet, because being vegan cuts the already limiting diet choice literally in half for me. I can tolerate a good amount of suffering if I know there is good reason. Knowing there is no good reason creates more suffering,lol!

Also, I read on curezone where you mentioned that alcohol without additional sugar in it was ok, and did not encourage candida.
    Do I have this information incorrect?

I havent had a drink in 6 months, but im mentally ready for one now.
    Not ready enough to screw up my progress,however 😉

Many thanks in advance.

<3

A severe intestinal yeast overgrowth is really hard to cure. The diet is very important because without it, there isn’t hope to my knowledge. Diflucan doesn’t do anything without the diet. It is my opinion, but only my opinion, a severe intestinal overgrowth can not be cured without a treatment that includes a systemic and a non-systemic drug at least.

Yes, pure alcohol doesn’t feed candida, but I don’t advice it. However, a drink probably does little harm.

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

raster;54307 wrote: Alcohol doesn’t feed the yeast as far as I know, I have tons of it in my supplements, etc. However keep in mind that alcohol damages your liver and your liver is the primary detox organ…because of this, alcohol is just about one of the worst things you could consume on the diet imho. Your liver likely would be impaired for days to weeks afterwards and you could have anxiety, etc. as a side effect.

-raster

ahh, thanks raster. Good point.
    I have been trying to protect my liver with milk thistle, atleast while Im having occasional detox reactions.
    My stress is through the roof, on an every day basis,for the last 4 years.
    I have no one at home to vent to, NO COMFORT FOODS ANYMORE, and the days go by like im blinking my eyes. Literally that fast.
    I dont crave alcohol, but I do crave the escape it provides.

I was hoping a drink here and there may not be too bad, especially is taken with an antifungal (kind of like a strong tincture,lol).
    Too bad coconut rum has no coconut in it.

As usual,I appreciate the honesty.

<3

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Report if you are cured, please’ is closed to new replies.