Report if you are cured, please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Report if you are cured, please

This topic contains 81 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Snowkelp 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

This is a big shout out for all of you who are cured in the sense that you don’t have any symptoms any longer, it’s ok if you still are on the diet, but symptom free it must be 😉

Hope that a forum admin would be willing to make this a sticky tread. I know there are some testimonies listed in the link section, but they arent that clear and many of them are just feeling better.

Mostly people would leave the site as soon as they don’t need help any more, so please write a few words before you completely move on.

ILLaViTaR
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

I’ve been half trying for 3 years uncured and worsening, the diet definitely is onto something but as for yeast overgrowth it sounds ridiculous and the symptoms are probably ambiguous with parasites, food intolerances or something all addition factors such a restrictive diet will help alleviate or cure. I’ve searched for cure stories and they only ever seem to from middle aged hypochondriac mothers who deem any noticeable change in their CHILD from the diet as a complete cure. My perfectly healthy brother takes multivitamins and notices a change because you don’t have to have ibs or fatigue to feel better off healther food! So clearly this diet does have positive outcomes whether they’re actually related to the reason people decide to go on the diet in the first placewho the hell knows cause I’ve never seen a single credible story on someone who’s completely cured, they all seem to attempt to introduce foods and the stomach reactions are the same as always and they remain uncured.

If you’re looking for a feedback story from a non overwhelmed adult with this condition or ibs you won’t find one 🙁 But you’ll find heaps of mothers saying their sons are cured, you’ll also find heaps of mothers claiming vitamin d has cured their sons autism, it’s the same desperation for a cure you’ll interpret any positive outcome as one.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

To me a cure would certainly mean being able to eat a normal healthy diet / an also & occasional treat without a return of symptoms.

After trying this diet & failing so many times I am starting 2 think maybe eating sum low mold cheese / low sugar fruits and basically a stage 2/3 diet will help me stick to it better .

I would love 2 hear from anyone who is eating openly & cured of symptoms !

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I spent some time a month ago reaching out to the other old experts or people who spent a lot of time on this forum in the past and got maybe a 1/10 response rate from them. Some people ended up having an immune disorder or pre-diabetes, etc. while others straight up didn’t respond.

These are some of the people I am talking about:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_members.aspx?g=members

One person I am interested in hearing from is positivo who made major improvements in as little time as 3-6 months. I bet he is close to being cured now, I just don’t know though.

Jackie is one who is linked in the testimonies part of the forum and doesn’t want to divulge that she is off the diet drinking alcohol, etc. She doesn’t want to rub in how good she is doing.

I’ve basically been in a stalemate on the candida for the last 3-6 months or so but have healed other parts of my body and still have further reduced my symptoms. I healed leaky gut which is a major part of the battle. I have little or no allergies to foods when I cheat including gluten, sugar, grains, dairy, molds, etc. I’ve healed my liver, brain, pancreas, small and large intestines (mostly), adrenals, kidneys, etc. I still have to heal my lungs, colon, heart, and more.

I went from having seizures and heart palpitations and extreme leaky gut to no symptoms while on the diet or something similar to the diet. On the weekends I regularly/semi-regularly cheat with things not on the diet such as corn, coffee, potatoes, rice, wheat, sugar, coconut water, fruits, etc. Just get a little constipated from these items and my hemmorhoids get worse. Sometimes I get liver symptoms.

During the week I am on the strict diet but eat more meat, apples, and pumpkin than what is suggested.

The diet and my personal protocol eliminate 95-99% of my symptoms but I know I still have an immune response in the body. The plan for the next 1-3 years is to eliminate the causes of candida and get even stronger. I know its a long journey and it doesn’t bother me one bit as long as I still see progress.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I am not sure if you needed to post that ILL, not sure it was really helpful or what was actually asked for.

I can tell you that I am still on the diet. I have not had a Uti, vaginal yeast infection or lip rash in two months now. I feel better than I have felt in a long time. I don’t know if I will ever be “cured”. I think I have a natural propensity to be “yeasty”. However, I came on here for a “cure” for my lip rash and now it is gone.

I am perfectly happy with this result. I think down the road I should be able to have treats and not suffer. I have added foods back into my diet with no adverse effects. I am also planning to stay on a version of this diet forever because quite frankly, it is healthier.

I will note, however, that I will probably do garlic and coconut oil for the rest of my life. The more I read about them, the more I think both of these things will help ameliorate the tendency for me to have problems with yeast.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

ILLaViTaR;38699 wrote: I’ve been half trying for 3 years uncured and worsening, the diet definitely is onto something but as for yeast overgrowth it sounds ridiculous and the symptoms are probably ambiguous with parasites, food intolerances or something all addition factors such a restrictive diet will help alleviate or cure. I’ve searched for cure stories and they only ever seem to from middle aged hypochondriac mothers who deem any noticeable change in their CHILD from the diet as a complete cure. My perfectly healthy brother takes multivitamins and notices a change because you don’t have to have ibs or fatigue to feel better off healther food! So clearly this diet does have positive outcomes whether they’re actually related to the reason people decide to go on the diet in the first placewho the hell knows cause I’ve never seen a single credible story on someone who’s completely cured, they all seem to attempt to introduce foods and the stomach reactions are the same as always and they remain uncured.

If you’re looking for a feedback story from a non overwhelmed adult with this condition or ibs you won’t find one 🙁 But you’ll find heaps of mothers saying their sons are cured, you’ll also find heaps of mothers claiming vitamin d has cured their sons autism, it’s the same desperation for a cure you’ll interpret any positive outcome as one.

I will respond it to you. I know about completely cured persons even when I haven’t reached that point myself. However, those cases who I am aware of were cured didn’t follow web protocols but a different approach.
    There is a simple reason for it that the huge candida sufferer community want to ignore or simply don’t know. I have explained it many times but the subject is mostly ignored.

One more time I will mention it here. Candida Albicans penetrates the human cells one time it has mutated to fungus. Inside the cells, it is hidden and safe of the immune response and the antifungals. This is the big dilemma we all face with this infection. The colonies living in the intestinal lumen can be reduced or eradicated with a diet and antifungal therapy. However, candida cells that have penetrated our epithelial cells must be eradicated with a systemic antifungal drug. The only thing that reaches our cells is the blood. It must be an effective systemic antifungal. This is the critical part of it because most if not all oral systemic antifungal are fungistatic at tolerable doses.

The other part is the immune tolerance to the presence of candida. Most candida sufferers are immune tolerant to candida. It means our immune system doesn’t attack it.

All this information is well known by a reduced number of MD who treat this syndrome. Cured people have followed long term systemic and non systemic antifungal therapies, immune stimulation with candida antigen, and chelation protocols in the case that heavy metal toxicity be identified.

There are many things that conspirate with a final cure.

Jorge.

You can read here the case in the vagina. Same thing happens in the intestines.

Abstract
    Exudates from the vagina and uterine cervix of ten patients suffering from genital candidiasis (Candida albicans) were studied with transmission and scanning electron microscopy and with histochemical techniques in order to find the precise location of the Candida infection and to examine the relationship between the vaginal and cervical cells and the infecting yeasts. [h]It was found that Candida species can penetrate, invade, develop and proliferate within the deep layers of intact cells of the cervix and vaginal mucosal epithelium.[/h] The presence of mucopolysaccharides in the glycoproteinaceous coat of blastospores and pseudohyphae was demonstrated both outside and within squamous epithelial cells. The importance of the integrity of the glycoprotein coat during the pathogenesis of human infection with C. albicans is therefore emphasized. Furthermore, the histoinvasive yeast apparently produced cytolytic enzymes during its growth within the human vaginal and cervical mucosal epithelium. [h]The intracellular growth of Candida organisms may represent a protective mechanism of the fungus against the host and a manner of resistance to antimycotic therapy.[/h]

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;38702 wrote: Jackie is one who is linked in the testimonies part of the forum and doesn’t want to divulge that she is off the diet drinking alcohol, etc. She doesn’t want to rub in how good she is doing.

Have you actually corresponded with Jackie within the last two weeks, Raster?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I don’t think you’re going to find a lot of members who have their infestation under control but continue to visit the forum. Ask yourself the question: when you’re completely free from all symptoms and have no sign of a Candida infestation, will you continue to come to the forum every day?

I’ve asked a few of the members with whom I’ve kept in semi-constant contact who left but failed to post their follow-up story if they’ll come back and post their story, but most of them just keep saying they will soon, but then they don’t. Let’s face it, when you get out of hell, you don’t wanna talk about the experiences you had when there.

Arijana (orka1998), who had her Candida overgrowth for over 30 years, is one of the few members who left the forum for a while but then returned and is now answering questions for newer members. This is what she posted after her return: “I had honey, potatoes, sour cream, balsamic vinegar, brown rice and similar without any symptoms. I still choose not to have them regularly and avoid if I can.” Hopefully Arijana will post her own story for this thread.

But you’re more likely to see a member post that he or she needs to go back on the protocol because they had reached a symptom-free state, but couldn’t wait any longer to start back on a regular diet. In many cases the person will go right back to the same diet that helped them to contract a Candida infestation in the first place, and that normally spells failure. To me, this is similar to knowing how you caught a really bad cold, and then as soon as it’s completely cured, you go back and do the very same thing again because now you think you’re cured from ever having another cold. It’s nothing less than ridiculous to think this way.

At any rate, as most of you know, I’m completely cured. I eat a healthy diet and I think I live a fairly healthy lifestyle now, and I intend to keep it that way because I enjoy having good health; I haven’t had a cold, the flu, or even a virus since before the infestation.

The updated part of the post linked below contains what is pretty close to my present diet with a few added exceptions that include sweet potatoes which I eat about twice a week now. https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1678_An-Update.aspx

Able

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

ILLaViTaR;38699 wrote: I’ve never seen a single credible story on someone who’s completely cured[/u], they all seem to attempt to introduce foods and the stomach reactions are the same as always and they remain uncured.

Read up on Jordan Rubin – this page doesn’t go into the depth of his condition but, he suffered from candidasis as well as crohn’s etc….Look at the pictures of him at death’s door at the bottom of the page vs how incredibly healthy he is today. He founded Garden of Life which he’s kind of out of the day to day now and is concentrating on his grass-fed, organic ranch which sells meat, cheese, milk, etc. on a direct basis. His story shouldn’t be forgotten to anyone feeling there’s no hope. Just look at the pictures…..also, if you google around Jordan and his best selling books, starting with the MAKER’S DIET and decide for yourself.

Wishing you nothing but, blessings of healing graces.

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I so wish I could contribute to this thread. Though, I was very close to recovery when I got an urinary tract infection which I had to treat with two rounds of antibiotics (it’s still not completely gone)

But I can say this. I have been on the diet for one year now and I can’t even compare the symptoms I have now with the symptoms I had one year ago. The diet has helped me tons, this forum have helped me tons. Before I couldn’t eat one single thing without getting terrible gas and diarrhea. Last week I had a motility checkup of my guts. You get a tube through your nose and throat down to the small intestine which measures the movements for 24 hours. The doctors made me eat – “real” bread, white rice with chili sauce, cheese, falafel with peas and white potatoes. This only made me a little constipated the first day and the next day I had one bout of diarrhea. This may sound bad for you, but for me it’s a huge success. Before I would have been non functioning after a meal like that. So I’d say, just hold on, the forum protocol will at least make you feel better.

I ate two oranges, beef and some goat cheese yesterday, today I feel fine. Things are progressing.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I often wonder if anyone besides myself assumes that voice in your head , the one with the reservations about the diet, is just the Candida talking. It’s a living thing that’s feeding off your organs, it’s convinced you to consume a high sugar, high carb diet to keep it alive. Why wouldn’t it convince you to not start this diet?
    Just try it and decide for yourself, what are you afraid of?

I’m feeling about 70% better after 10 months on the diet, I have cheated, especially during the holidays. This healing process takes time, and when I’m done I’m sure this chat room is the last place I’m going to want to hang out.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

hi,
    I completely understand your questions since it crosses my mind all the time (currently facing die-of and it feels like it leads to death more then to final curing), as well as I understand reaction from ILLaViTaR since sometimes (especially at the moment) I think/feel the same.

I want to say, that according to my research on the forum, people are generally cheating, are not determined enough, are not sticking to the protocol(s) enough… etc
    I often see somebody writes that they cannot handle without some black chocolate, coffee, black-rice or similar…

I am on diet for a long now, and I cheated only once because it was some party. My other cheats are related to my diet protocol which was wrong.

I will tell my current state… but before I want to write it all here, maybe somebody will be interested…

I am on diet since last summer (July 2012), but since I did not have enough knowledge I was on wrong diet(s).

diet 1) (bad diet, combined out from several internet resources) probably from July 2012 up until November 2012.
    I was better indeed, but not cured completely – and blow-up everything on some party where I took several cakes and other forbidden items and got back in worse then ever stage within two days. So, basically I was gone from stage where I only had IBS while I was eating everything (looooots of sugar), that was stage before I understood that its Candida -> to stage where I invoked candida to react on anything I eat (heart problems, pain, fatigue, muscle and bones, eye bury and many more) feeling like it’s the end :).
    .. and that leads me to:
    diet 2)
    Then, about 3.5 months ago (25th November 2012) I started this diet from web-site, and was feeling better in short-time (2 weeks). Only few of the symptoms was remaining including Die-Off and IBS. I figured out I do something wrong after two months on diet, since I got to some stage where I was no improving anymore and I decided to post on this forum (https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6488_need-advices–slow-improvements-during-therapy.aspx)
    ..so that leads me to…:
    diet 3) – This is my current state.
    I got protocol from Able (like you can see in link above, I had no idea about it), reduced meet and nuts and now I have absolutely no other symptom besides die-off. My IBS is gone!! And I though (like doctors said to me), its incurable? I tested it, when I drop anti-fungals, Kefir – I feel like a butterfly :D. I am still drinking coffee once a day and having more meat then allowed by Able’s protocol. But I feel much better if I compare my health back in year ago. Hopefully I will get completely cured soon, and I plan to make a blog out of my knowledge and will also write here about it.

(I am planning to ask about die-of, since I am not sure how to deal with it)

As you can see I wrote “Hopefully I will get completely cured soon”, but this is wrong. I should write “when I get cured with God’s help”, that’s the right approach!

good luck everybody!

MightyJock
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m not really sure i would know what a cure would be? i mean if i was symptom free but following a really strict diet i feel at the moment like i would be happy with that – but clearly not cured. If i could go back to a full diet of whatever i pleased and not have the whole host of illnesses i had then that would clearly be better.

I suppose i would like to hear from people in either of these cases to know that this is worth it – i am, and have to say am proud to be, Cynical, Sceptical and Pessimistic. If this diet really works then i don;t see why you would answer a post implying that those things are wrong and unwelcome – If this works i’ll shout it from the tree tops, but if it doesn’t and there are relatively few people who say it does, then that should be a topic for open discussion, no??

Jock

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I didn’t have a problem with Ill’s post per se, it was that he chose to post it on this thread. The person who posted this thread wanted to hear from people who had been cured. I would have been perfectly okay if Ill had started his own thread. I have no problem with people who are cynics, I just thought the negative tone of his post was not helpful in this thread.

I also have my doubts about Ill, as his other post talked about drinking a whole bottle of vodka. I may be wrong about him, and if I am, I sincerely apologize.

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I guess you will once again see all the confusing reports here, as in the testimonials.

According to me, Cure means you go back to the normal diet…..like your family/friends and still dont have symptoms. As per this none on the forum is cured.

I dont ask you to eat junk/sugars etc….

but atleast eat healthy food like whole wheat and stay symptom free… this is cure according to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Report if you are cured, please’ is closed to new replies.