Reintroducing Alcohol; What stage, how much, types?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Reintroducing Alcohol; What stage, how much, types?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jadestone
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    I am just wondering who has had success with reintroducing alcohol back into their diet. I would love an occasional glass of wine or other drink but not sure when is the best time/stage to do that. I am thinking stage 2 when you reintroduce foods, but should it wait till stage 3?
    Thanks.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

If you do it in stage 2, I’d reintroduce plenty of other (less candida-feeding) foods first. If you’re doing well with adding back in things like fruit, “moldy” foods like peanuts/pbutter, and wheat – then, I might try it. I’d say adding alcohol back in, though, is right up there with adding sugar back in. It’s a bigtime candida food source.

Jadestone
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Thank you for the info! I do realize I should be very careful with consumption and only if my body is ready for it.

I am trying to research the different alcohols and how they feed candida.
    I have heard that unpasteurized wine or beer is acceptable but then you also have to consider the sugar content. Apparantly, SPIRITS like gin, tequila, rum and whiskey, mean they have no sugar added, but the process still involves fermentation.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Good for, doing the research before you decide 🙂 Ultimately, it’s your call. I did find this, though, on the page of “Foods to Avoid” next to the Alcohol list:

“Alcohol can be reintroduced in Stage 3, when the diet starts to work, but in small amounts.” So, according to that little tidbit, maybe after other foods have been introduced and tolerated well, and after your symptoms have completely subsided.

Hope it helps 🙂

Bettyboo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Howdy!!

The first time I had candida I was told once I was in stage 3 if I wanted an alcoholic drink then vodka, gin with soda water was fine and champagne!! Weirdly when I fully reintroduced other alcohol my teeth were so tingly and sensitive I laid off it all naturally as before I had never noticed how sugary alcoholic drinks felt to me!

Good luck hope you get a balance 😀

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I’ve been researching gin and as it’s distilled as opposed to fermented like wine and beer it’s fine. It’s the tonic that’s the problem as it contains sugar. Soda water doesn’t though so if you can stomach gin and soda then it should be ok!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reintroducing Alcohol; What stage, how much, types?’ is closed to new replies.