Reflex Natural Whey – What do you think?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Reflex Natural Whey – What do you think?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  M 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

Morning, Afternoon, Evening All (depending on your timezone),

I’m preparing to start the strict forum diet next week, which will be after 4 weeks of my fairly moderate diet.

I’m worried a little about Protein as a am dropping weight as I started, I’ve got eggs and I’ve picked up some Spirulina powder (but it was quite pricey). I’m interested in other sources of Protein. And I wanted to ask opinion on the natural whey powder I’ve been using last 3 weeks:

http://www.reflex-nutrition.com/natural-whey-protein.html

“Natural Whey contains a form of whey protein called Native Whey which is produced by taking fresh skimmed milk and processing it at low temperature via complex ultra and membrane filtration capturing virtually every single highly valuable and biologically active protein fraction in its Native Form. As a result it contains up to 166% more bioavailble cystine and16% more leucine than other forms of whey.

Natural Whey is focused on delivering whey in its most natural form. It contains no artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours and no added carbohydrate. Reflex Natural Whey, just like our famous Instant Whey, has one of the highest biological values of any protein supplement on the market due to its excellent amino acid profile, protein fraction content and superior digestibility.

Ingredients:
    Preferentially selected protein blend (Ultra Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate, Native Whey Protein Isolate), Muscle DriveTM (Peptide-bonded Glutamine (derived from Wheat Protein) Hydrolysed Whey Protein (degree of hydrolysis 30%)), Flavouring, Natural Colouring (Fat-reduced Cocoa Powder (chocolate varieties only), Betanin (strawberry variety only), Beta Carotene (banana & vanilla varieties only)), Digezyme® Enzyme Complex (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase), Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), LactoSpore® Probiotics (Bacillus Coagulans).

I’m pretty sure with that long list of complicated ingredients including the words ‘wheat’ your going to tell me it’s definitely not ok… But just wanted to check..

Any other ideas on Protein sources for strict diet?

Also, since 3 weeks ago when I started my moderate diet, I haven’t been as regular as I want, on average bathroom trips less than once per day, do I need more fibre – whats a good source? or any other suggestions?

Alex

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Able & Raster said no when I asked this so dropped it out, & since i’m feeling much better i’ve not re-introduced it. If I did I would only take grass fed organic whey protein. I know people who run supplement companies & most of the whey comes from the same cows that are in standard milk.

Hemp protein is ok I think. Taste like crap in a drink, but ok in baking.

I think flax & chia seed are ok, both high in protein.

alexinlondon

Thanks Benc, good to get your experience, I’m going to look into Hemp, Flax & Chia.

EDIT2: just reading the allowed foods again and realise able already mentioned hemp (organic). Apologies for asking redundant questions! It’s a lot of info to take in at once.

EDIT: I think I’ll order some Hemp

I found 2.5kg tubs from a UK grown source for £39.99 ‘goodhempnutrion’ and it sounds like it should be ok as it’s a seed?

Grown and Produced in the UK?. 47% Protein – ALL 10 ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS. Rich in Omega 3 (with SDA) – Naturally. Only 15% Carbohydrate. Good Fibre content.

Free from Gluten
    Free from Dairy, Lactose & Whey
    Free from Soya
    Free from Sugar
    Free from GMO
    Free from Hexane
    Free from Pesticides and Herbicides
    Free from Additives or Preservatives

Would appreciate if anyone could shout if they see potential problem with this?

Alex

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

should be fine. My Protein & Dolphin Nutrition sell it I believe.

Personally I would use BCAA’s for your workout (although you need to high dose for make it worth while) & then have real food.

I’m not sure what stage you are at, so if your in the early days it would make sense not to train, or at the very least not to train hard, however frustrating that is. I stopped for almost 2 months (& hated it, but I felt so tired at the time I had too).

Then only started 3 days per week, always with a days rest in between (if you have adrenal fatigue, its one of the suggestions).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Buckwheat and teff are good sources of protein…

-raster

alexinlondon

Thanks guys! I’ll need to read up on Teff in more detail, sounds interesting!

I just baked some coconut flour / oat bran bread – smells nice!

Benc, I was training a lot a year and a half ago and then a bad virus and other stressful stuff happened, since then I was steadily getting stronger, but relapsing in and out of fatigue, only managing sporadic light training when things are good. XMAS and New Year was a very bad relapse for me and I’m just still recovering so even 15 minutes of Yoga yesterday and my muscles were sore today.. But I’m hoping with the diet to get back into training more and more, but will take it easy as people recommend. I just want to try and not lose any more muscle, I’ve lost so much over the last year and a half !

Alex

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I second hemp protein powder. Tastes fine if you mix it in with coconut flour, brown rice bran flour, a little stevia, chia seed, flaxseed, L-glutamine, water and milk kefir. Make a smoothie out of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reflex Natural Whey – What do you think?’ is closed to new replies.