Red Bush Tea

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Red Bush Tea

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie R 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether it is advisable or allowed to drink Red Bush tea during the first phase ???I know its caffeine free, but think it might be fermented during processing – not sure!
    Thanks,
    Jackie R

Codyssey
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Absolutely red bush is good for candida fighting. I’ve gotten positively addicted to Rooibos. I recommend chai rooibos by yogi teas.

Here’s an article explaining it’s anti oxidant power:

http://www.candidafood.com/2011/04/the-candida-diet-and-rooibos-tea/

enaj1965
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

hi there im a complete newbie. Just diagnosed but totally bamboozled with info /treatments. Have not had any intervention yet as not sure whether to go back to GP or seek alternative rememdies. just glad all my aches and pains now have a name and not all in m mind .

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Wow! Thanks for the tip. Now my tea selection has expanded. 🙂

Jackie R

Thanks for your reply , and your link, which was really interesting- like others, I am also positively addicted !! Glad to hear of all the benefits, though.

Morab
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Red bush tea is originally from South Africa. It is extremely soothing to the stomach, and will help in cases of sudden headaches and other die-off symptoms. Since it grows here, I drink copious amounts of the stuff. It’s an excellent source of anti-oxidants (50 times more than green tea) and can even be used as a face tonic, mixed with rose water (well, thats what I do anyway as candida provokes rosacea-like symptoms for me!)It’s used in the treatment of allergies and safe even for babies.It’s chock full of magnesium and contains no Oxalic Acid which would just kill my kidneys (another candida target). It’s low in tanins and will aid sleep, restlessness, indigestion etc. Hey, what can I say, I’m proudly South African. Aussies found it here and took it there, naming it “redbush” because the leaves are red. Just thought I’d share. Hope it helps anyone.

Jackie R

Thanks for your info – to be honest, its a relief that it’s allowed, as I’m already addicted and would find it hard to give up if necessary. Your comment is interesting about the headaches- have had a few of those, will try that out !

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

Thank goodness I’ve found another caffeine free drink to try! I only started stage 1 yesterday so very early into detox but already I’m missing coffee. I already drink green tea and chamomile but to find another tasty one to drink is great! Has anyone tried reintroducing caffeine into their diet or does everyone now avoid it like the plague?

Jackie R

Hi there. I tried reintroducing coffee- had a cup, which tasted really good, but was followed by a bad heasdache within an hour. This was alleviated by lots and lots of water, but never really went until the following day – which leads me to the question, is it worth all that??? Still , that’s not the point, is it, the aroma of coffee is very difficult to resist!!

Lily

Hi Jackie, I tried Rooibos tea today and didn’t like it at all! Will stick to my green tea for now 🙂 Know what you mean about coffee though, the aroma is so lovely and I really miss it even though it’s only 2 days since I last had some. Almost through 2nd day of detox and my willpower was failing before. Really fancied coffee and biscuits!

Jackie R

Hi Lily, shame about the red bush tea, its really good for you. I actually prefer it to ordinary tea now. If you’re really craving the coffee, could you just have a few mithfuls, would you be able to that? That might help. Not sure if that’s the right advice, but if you’re suffering with bad withdrawal symptoms a small amount might make you feel bettter.

Lily

I’m trying to avoid it altogether but would love some coffee! As someone who drinks (or drank) mainly coffee and black tea, to be drinking herbal teas all day is a bit of a struggle. Mixing it up with glasses of water but really feel dissatisfied!

Jackie R

Sometimes think its the actual ‘buzz’ as well as the substance that I crave! I have noticed that with other things, too. I feel ‘full’ after a meal, am not really craving suagr , but am still ‘missing something.

Lily

Yeah me too. Starting to struggle a bit with this. Feel like I’m eating and drinking the same thing day after day and it’s all so bland! Add spices and garlic etc but not the same. Almost caved earlier and had a coffee! Can’t see me sticking to this at all

Jackie R

Hi Lily , hope its going ok, I agree with your other posts, the cravings do go gradually, and I find I am preferring healthy foods over the ones I have been used to. Hope you’ve found something to replace the coffee!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Red Bush Tea’ is closed to new replies.