Recurrent/permanent V. yeast infection for 4 years!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Recurrent/permanent V. yeast infection for 4 years!

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  NadjaB 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Hello.
    I quess that I need some support. I am so sick and tired of having this infection. I can not even be with my boyfriend because it hurts so much! (If you know what I mean).
    For 4 years I have suffered from this, and tried everything. Including been on diflucan every single day for over a year, and it does not work. I almost begin to cry. It hurts, itches and burns every single day.
    I have tried the candida diet once before, but I do not think that it worked. I was on it for 2 weeks. I am also a vegetarian, so it was very hard not to eat my fruits ect.
    I want to try the diet again, and I think that I am ready to give up all sugary and processed foods for ever. I could quit smoking, so I quess that I can do this too. But it is very hard.. And for how long should I eat after the diet 100 %? 2 weeks? And then for example add tomates?
    And perhaps some fruits after 4 weeks?

Is there anyone else who has the problem with this type of infection? Then please let me know your story.

I am not from an english speaking country. I apologize for my spelling and grammar errors.

Thank you.
    – Nadja

shell
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

Hi Nadja

I also suffer from this and feel for you. I have had some success with the candida diet and taking some antifungals like grape fruit seed extract, oil of oregano and boric acid capsules inserted vaginally. I would definitely suggest quitting smoking and sticking to the candida diet. Read the posts about allowed foods to make things a little easier to follow.
    Good luck.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NadjaB wrote: Hello.
    I quess that I need some support. I am so sick and tired of having this infection. I can not even be with my boyfriend because it hurts so much! (If you know what I mean).
    For 4 years I have suffered from this, and tried everything. Including been on diflucan every single day for over a year, and it does not work. I almost begin to cry. It hurts, itches and burns every single day.
    I have tried the candida diet once before, but I do not think that it worked. I was on it for 2 weeks. I am also a vegetarian, so it was very hard not to eat my fruits ect.
    I want to try the diet again, and I think that I am ready to give up all sugary and processed foods for ever. I could quit smoking, so I quess that I can do this too. But it is very hard.. And for how long should I eat after the diet 100 %? 2 weeks? And then for example add tomates?
    And perhaps some fruits after 4 weeks?

Is there anyone else who has the problem with this type of infection? Then please let me know your story.

I am not from an english speaking country. I apologize for my spelling and grammar errors.

Thank you.
    – Nadja

Nadja,
    Candida Related Complex (CRC) is a syndrome caused by an intestinal/genital fungal overgrowth because the body has lost the ability of keeping the yeast under control.
    The overgrowth can occur slowly since candida is an opportunistic microbe that get any chance to gain terrain. Most of the time, it is something that appear because a combination of factors and triggered by antibiotic use, bad diet, stress, an a LOADED immune system. The big concentration occur in the intestines and this steal the immune ability of clean other parts of the body.
    In other words, what make impossible to overcome other chronic fungal focus in the body is the intestinal overgrowth. It is responsible of having a suppressed immune system since the fungal metabolites and toxic wastes are absorbed in the intestines causing damage to the body.

You need to focus in lowering or eradicating the intestinal overgrowth. When you be reaching progress, you will see how the rest of the body is also cleaning the fungus gradually. Candida has conquered our immune ability of attacking it because its presence for enough time in our tissues.

Its long presence in big amounts has caused immune tolerance to it. Common sense points that lowering this amount for long time will bring back the immune restoration and activity against it that enjoy healthy people.

Follow an smart protocol, a good diet, and over time you will see how you health will return to a normal state. This need discipline and perseverance. The diet is very important because if the fungus eat, it will be almost impossible to lower its amount. Current antifungals have many limitants.
    During the protocol, you may need to do other kind of corrections such as deal with parasites, intolerance, allergies, heavy metal toxicity, etc.

Keep your hope. If you are disciplined, it will pay you. We are here to help. !

Jorge.

NadjaB

Thank you for your answers! I just got a bit wiser.
    I will start on the hard detox thursday and the diet monday. I hope that I can stay on the diet.
    I am not smoking anymore, I stopped 3 years ago 🙂
    I have allergies to some things. Both food and pollen.

What do you do if you are invited to a birthday or something similar? I have been invited to a birthday in 2 weeks I can not cancel.

shell
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

Hi Nadja

I would bring your own food. What I tell everyone is that I have allergies and that I have to be very careful. It is kind of the truth and no one ever asks me to try their food again. 🙂
    Good luck.
    shell

NadjaB

Thank you shell :)!
    I think that I will do that.
    I hope that they will not ask me about it..

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Here’s a good post on things to try to alleviate the symptoms of the v. yeast infection.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst435_What-helped-me-cure-my-vaginal-yeast-infections.aspx

And a story of someone who did heal.

NadjaB

Thank you Lorelei. It is a really good post, and it has given me some more inspiration. .

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I personally wouldn’t start eating fruits regularly until stage 2. The Mccoomb’s plan is one that allows food in the diet, but we discourage it because fruits contain sugar.

If you do eat fruits, I would start out eating blueberries (which are anti-inflammatory) and apples occasionally. Strawberries would be a good one to add later in the diet. You need to keep the overall sugar levels low in general while your immune system recovers.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. I have been on the diet for 9 months and only recently started to eat fruits more often. I have been eating blueberries throughout the diet and about 2 green apples per month or so (until recently).

Going on this diet is like peeling the layers off of an onion. Each layer that is removed is a symptom that you get over with and eventually there will be nothing left to remove. After 1-4 months you should feel a lot better and after 4-6 months you can have a few more food items. Keep in mind that your health problems might not all be completely related to candida and will need to address those seperately (examples include adrenal fatigue, parasites, etc).

-raster

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

NadjaB,
    I had a lot of problems with vaginal yeast infections, that coincided with my cycles. It was so bad I had open sores and have a husband who I wanted to make love to but couldn’t. I had a vaginal yeast infection every month from July to November. I was also put on Diflucan and it did no good. When I started the diet things got worse before they got better. For me I had a yeast infection for 2-3 weeks straight. But it has gotten better and I am about 4 months in and things are so much better. I still sometimes will get the “itchy feeling” but nothing lasts for more than a couple days. But you have to stick to the diet. It is hard at first, but it will get easier!

NadjaB

Okay then.. I need to make my condition much better before i start adding high sugary things like fruits.
    I have read a lot of books at my own language, and they all say that you can add new foods after 4-8 weeks(!). Very much different from this site. And here you can also eat ½ banana or 1 green apple a day.
    But I will stick to the website in first place, to see how fast I will get better. This website is very strict, but I guess the cure will be working much better then. Even though it is hard not eating sugar, and I am only at day 2. I guess it is just sugar cravings. I could eat a whole slab of chocolate right now.

Wauv Mstewart. That do not sound pleasant. I am so happy for you! Open sores? Auch.. My condition is not that bad at all at the moment. “Just” burning and itching. But very much stronger burning if I try to be toghether with my boyfriend, who is also very sad because of this.
    I will stick to it!

My friend has asked me out for dinner, and I do not like to say no, but I know I have to. But I do not know what to say? I can not say it is because I have a vaginal yeast infection and it hurts and itches. That would be very uncomfortable to me. By the way, I am 18.

What do you do in thoose situations?

raster
    Participant

Well, I would look at how long it takes to recover from candida overgrowth. It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. I have been on the diet for 9 months and only recently started to add fruits. I was allergic to just about everything from potatoes to all fruits.

Not everyone is as ill as me, but don’t expect a quick recovery where you get over this in a matter of weeks. For most of us, it’ll be a very long process until you go back to regular foods.

When people invite me out, I just eat a salad or only go to a place where they serve salads.

A banana contains approximately 25g of sugar and will feed candida. You’ve mentioned other foods that you are eating that feed candida as well. If you want to go ahead and eat fruits and items from stage 2 of the diet the whole time, it will only lengthen your recovery. It also may not cause much die off; you want to kill the candida, right?

-raster

NadjaB

Oh, may be I can get rid of some of my allergies too..

Okay, I will wait with bananas.
    Which foods do I eat that feed candida? I did not know.
    According to http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm I am eating the things I should?

raster
    Participant

I would not refer to the website at all as far as how to get better. It has a good framework and information, but it is too lenient as far as what to do to get better.

Check out the forum’s allowed food list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

We don’t even recommend eating rice! The goal is to completely eliminate sugar as much as possible, and sugar is found in almost all fruits. I eat blueberries because they have anti-inflammatory properties, and only have started to eat other fruits after 9 months on the diet!

Here’s the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If you want to cure your allergies, food sensitivities, and yeast infection, I would examine every food item you are eating and determine whether it contains high amounts of sugar, starch, or both.

-raster

NadjaB

Okay then. So less brown rice and quinoa. Got it. But hard because of hunger.
    Yesterday my hunger was really weird. Like I was “full” but at the same time “starving”, so today I added more brown rice and my hunger is “normal” and I feel full like “normal”. Exept the sugar cravings which make me want to eat more, but I try not to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recurrent/permanent V. yeast infection for 4 years!’ is closed to new replies.