Recommended Probiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Recommended Probiotics?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gatsuri 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

friday126
    Participant
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 10

Diagnosed with candida last year, been on the diet and natural antifungals for awhile and though all that helps I need to step it up because candida seems to be in competition with my body to eat my calcium which is making me prone to herniated disk. Take calcium candida get worse…don’t and well you get the idea. So upping the treatment with some nystatin, diflucan and ccws in rotation.
    Just got done with sibo treatment so laid off the probiotics for awhile (it helped) now I’m ready to give them a go and wondering what everyone recommends. Thinking soil based. So what’s best for the upper and lower intestines? s. boulardii? A mix to go for balance?
    Do plan on introducing fermented foods like sauerkraut juice in small amounts over time but don’t think my system is ready for that yet. Appriciate any input.

And yeah I’m taking a few things for leaky gut and die off.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I would reconsider the CCWS/Lufenuron. It was tested as an antifungal in horses and had no effect on fungal growth. Why not use some natural antifungals instead? At least they’ve been used and recommended for many, many years.

friday126
    Participant

When I was tested for candida they ran a subseptability test too. I’ve been on the natural anit-microbials from that test. Uva ursi. Berberine, etc. Taken them with biofilm disruptors. Minimal progress. I can’t wait forever for those things and the diet to heal me as (like I said above) my body isn’t processing nutrients like calcium and I’m fighting to keep from hernating more disk, especially in my neck. Yeah I take bitters, hcl stuff like that to aid digestion.

jake
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

VSL#3 and S. Boulardii combination have dramatically improved my gut function.

I’m into the short-term larger dose methodology. (Two sachets per day for 1 month, then 1 per week thereafter).

Look up all the clinical trials and studies with VSL#3, it is the MOST researched probiotic.

friday126
    Participant

Jake: thanks for the info.
    Gonna have to look up what a ‘sachet’ is. Will look up the clinical trials of VSL#3 shortly.
    Did you take your’s with or without food? Ever do a retention enema with said probiotics?
    My weakest area seems to be around the cecum and it’s seemed doubtful much of anything orally gets that far. Wondering if I’ll need to do probiotic enemas or if oral doses will cut it…

…looked up ‘sachet’. It doesn’t seem to indicate how much you actually took. Mind filling me in?

jake
    Participant

Do some more reading around VSL#3, a good place to start is their website.

– i’m taking their 450 billion CFU sachet/packet/serving twice per day for one month.

– Its about 20 – 40x more potent than most probiotics.

– The probiotics will find their way to your gut. Just look at the clinical trials.

– Its important to take with plenty and many types of fibre (this is probiotic food). I take mine alongside a kale+spinich smoothie in the morning (7am), I also eat a kind of chia pudding for breakfast. For my second dose I usually have at lunch with a big salad.

friday126
    Participant

Thanks but I can’t do the high fiber- leafy greens much. Gives me sibo symptoms. So maybe I should hold off on the VSL 3, not being able to do much with fiber?

jake
    Participant

Its not essential, you can just have with your normal meal (of which there will be some dietary fibre).

…but as you start to feel the benefits of VSL#3 (takes about a week to kick-in) I would start introducing (or at least test) some leafy greens and other allowed PREbiotics. You may find your SIBO symptoms have disappeared or have greatly reduced (I know mine had).

NickyDelivers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 25

If you haven’t killed the candida, you’re wasting alot of time, resources, and money. Your throwing probiotics and they’re just laughing as you do.

You really have to get into the depth of the diet 100%
    Kill it all
    Then repopulate good bacteria.

Til you really go deep into diet, the rest is just masking the problem that lies underneath.

Lookin into FMT – and probiotic transplant , most capsules don’t make it past the stomach’s acids, thus they’re useless.
    Have heard good things about VSL3

I’ll be posting my diet log and summary in 30 days once I re-kill this for good.

WhiteTrash
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 35

@nickydelivers:

That’s a rather blank and not totally accurate statement.
    Things are interlaced, not black or white.
    You don’t have to kill all fungus and bacteria before you introduce probiotics.
    Sure you have to remove most of it to make room for good bacteria, but once the most part has been gotten rid of, probiotics may help in the fight.

Gatsuri
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Cured meat + raw dairy (kefir, yogurt, etc)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.