REALLY NEED ADVICE… Should I up my anti fungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions REALLY NEED ADVICE… Should I up my anti fungals

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Hi. I posted this yesterday but no one replied. COULD REALLY, really use some advice here.

Just wondering – my die-off symptoms seem to have come to a stop, and I still have a lingering UTI. I feel like I’m at a bit of a plateau. Could I need to up my anti-fungal dosage? I was taking Candida Stop, at the recommended “dietary supplement” level, which is 2 caplets after each main meal, so 6 daily.

The ingredients and levels are:
    Ingredients per two vegetable capsules:
    Pau d’arco (inner bark & wild-crafted) (4:1 extract) 50 mg
    Grapefruit seed extract concentrate 100 mg
    Echinacea purpurea root (4% polyphenols) 50 mg
    Caprylic acid magnesium
    (short-chain fatty acid from coconut oil) 180 mg
    Caprylic acid calcium (short-chain fatty acid from coconut oil) 180 mg
    Caprylic acid zinc (short-chain fatty acid from coconut oil) 40 mg
    Odourless super garlic (10,000 mcg of allicin per g) 125 mg
    Black walnut hulls (4:1 extract) 16 mg
    Suma (Pfaffia paniculata) 100 mg
    Selenium (Yeast-free L-selenomethionine) 50 mcg
    Oregano extract powder 110 mg

Is this strong enough? Can I take 3 after each meal, or add one more in a day?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We don’t recommend multi-antifungal products because the yeast will get used to all of those antifungals all at the same time. Its best to get any one of those antifungals by itself and take just 1-3 antifungals at a time.

This post explains why not to do it:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

The UTI may stick around long term and is a hard symptom to get rid of.

-raster

jennybear1978

So, what do I do now. How do I rotate antifungals? Do i stop taking what I have been?

I have oil of oregano on it’s own, and coconut oil, but haven’t been taking them. Do I take each for a day, a week, and then switch to another? How long and at what dosages do I have to take?

Thanks so much.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Rotating antifungals is something you definitely shouldn’t do. But taking a multi-antifungal is not actually rotating. Rotating would be where you take one antifungal this week and another antifungal next week. The problem with this is that you give the Candida time to adjust to each antifungal. By taking lots of antifungals at the same time (for example by using a multi-antifungal) you literally give the Candida nowhere to hide – no matter what it does to adjust, there is an antifungal there waiting for it.

Having said that, most multi-antifungals tend to be too weak. In my opinion, you could continue to take your current multi and add a larger dose of caprylic acid, GSE or another single antifungal to boost it.

jennybear1978

Thanks – that’s kind of what I was considering, but I wasn’t sure. Thanks. I’ll take a look at what other one to add more of in. I noticed that Pau D’arco, which I thought was supposed to be pretty powerful, only has 50 mg in the mutli-antifungal. Is the Pau D’Arco one that would be good to use?

jennybear1978

The GSE is grape seed oil, correct? Would I just start adding in one more a day, and work my way up in dosages?

raster
    Participant

What I would do is go to 2-3 antifungals such as caprylic acid, oregeno oil, GSE or coconut oil, and stick with these for a long period of time like a few months or so. Then I would try out something else like red thyme oil, black walnut, sf722 or continue taking a few other the previous ones.

Then I would mostly stick with SF722 and maybe one other antifungal for maintenance.

You should increase your doseage over time though.

-raster

jennybear1978

Okay. So when I start these new anti-fungals, should I start like I’ve never taken any anti-fungals before? So one of each a day, then move on to higher dosage after a couple of weeks?

raster
    Participant

Yes, start out slow and build over time.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘REALLY NEED ADVICE… Should I up my anti fungals’ is closed to new replies.