Read ingredients carefully

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Read ingredients carefully

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Chris24 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Im so frustrated. I was making great progress and ive been on the protocol for 2 months now but I just realized that I was taking a supplement called dgl licorice this whole time which contains sorbitol. Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener. I dont know how much of a set back this is but I am crushed. I have made great progress and this could be why I’m not completely symptom free yet. I’ve been feeding the candida this whole time which might explain my bad gas problem. I’m happy I found out now and I’m going to continue on the protocol but damn this really hurts. Well to all you guys reading this, read and research everything you put in your mouth. Damn I’m frustrated.

Positivo

I wasnt taking it everyday but I could really use some words of encouragement . Anybody?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Positivo.

So sorry to hear about that problem. Hopefully the licorice didn’t contain very much of the Sorbitol. The companies that make such products as licorice bum me out by adding something that’s totally out of the ‘healthy’ range changing the entire product; there’s really no sense in doing this, yet they insist on ruining perfectly good products with potentially harmful and unhealthy additives.

Thank you for posting this message and reminding everyone of us to “Leave No Label Unread.”I have a feeling that, since you’ve removed the bad boy, you’re going to see a quicker improvement over the next few weeks. I hope so.

Good luck, Able

Positivo

Able900 wrote: Hello, Positivo.

So sorry to hear about that problem. Hopefully the licorice didn’t contain very much of the Sorbitol. The companies that make such products as licorice bum me out by adding something that’s totally out of the ‘healthy’ range changing the entire product; there’s really no sense in doing this, yet they insist on ruining perfectly good products with potentially harmful and unhealthy additives.

Thank you for posting this message and reminding everyone of us to “Leave No Label Unread.”I have a feeling that, since you’ve removed the bad boy, you’re going to see a quicker improvement over the next few weeks. I hope so.

Good luck, Able

Thanks able
    Unfortunately sorbitol was the first ingredient listed. I should of researched it. I didn’t use it everyday but a couple times a week for the past 7months. I hope I can now be symptom free. This should make a huge difference. I can’t ignore the progress I’ve made on your protocol anyways. Thanks for replying

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Ugh. I hate that! I’m sorry. That is so discouraging. I had that happen to me several times during treatment in the early weeks, and each time I was SO irritated.

Positivo

Hy wrote: Ugh. I hate that! I’m sorry. That is so discouraging. I had that happen to me several times during treatment in the early weeks, and each time I was SO irritated.

Yea I’m just trying to keep my head on straight and not freak out. Before I started this treatment I was in a very dark, negative and ugly place mentally and emotionally. I can’t let myself go back there again. Im happy I caught it now and not later. I hope everyone reads this and makes sure that they’re not hurting their progress with these kinds of mistakes.

zimmer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Stay Positive Positivo –

I’m new to the diet. But had a set back as well last night….Eating too brown rice products. The other day I accidentally put something with vinegar in my mouth and I spat it out but I had it in my mind it was all poison to my body…While it’s really important to try to be strict I don’t think it’s helpful to beat ourselves up if we make a human mistake. And Abel’s given you quite a bit of hope there. i.e. it should all improve now that you’ve taken away the bad boy. So it sounds like that if you do make a mistake it doesn’t undo all the hard work that you’ve done so far and take you right back to the beginning.

It’s really inspiring for me as a newby to hear the journey of people like you..so thanks.

Stay strong and you’ll be amazing!

Positivo

zimmer wrote: Stay Positive Positivo –

I’m new to the diet. But had a set back as well last night….Eating too brown rice products. The other day I accidentally put something with vinegar in my mouth and I spat it out but I had it in my mind it was all poison to my body…While it’s really important to try to be strict I don’t think it’s helpful to beat ourselves up if we make a human mistake. And Abel’s given you quite a bit of hope there. i.e. it should all improve now that you’ve taken away the bad boy. So it sounds like that if you do make a mistake it doesn’t undo all the hard work that you’ve done so far and take you right back to the beginning.

It’s really inspiring for me as a newby to hear the journey of people like you..so thanks.

Stay strong and you’ll be amazing!

This is why I love this forum. Thanks to you zimmer and everyone else who replied. I did get down on myself but I’m back up and ready to continue the fight. Like I said I have made a lot of progress without a doubt even with this mistake. I hope I can finally be symptom free now and I know what’s wrong because I was honestly suspicious of eggs,, then oat bran then buckwheat thinking I was allergic to them but I think this was the culprit. I try to be positive for others and I did get negative for a second but like every struggle in life it’s how you respond to the surprises or the unexpected. I’m good now.i got my head on right. I hope we can all learn from each other and this actually makes me excited to see what’s going to happen in the next couple of weeks. Thanks guys. Who would of thought strangers would be more supportive then the people around me, but again everyone here can sympathize because we all share a similar experience.

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

Stay Postive Positivo!

If you were already noticing some improvement, just imagine how great you’ll start to feel now that you’ve gotten rid of the sorbitol! We’ll get better, it’ll just take some time. I’m learning something new everyday about this ailment, but I’m noticing drastic changes everyday!

quick

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

Positivo,

I don’t know how much this helps you – but I made a very similar mistake. I ate cacao butter – not realizing that the artificial sweetener in it was not ok. And from what I can tell, it made no difference. I really think that you should give yourself a break. Mistakes are going to happen. My thinking is that if you get it right 95% of the time then you are doing extremely well.

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

PS. Positivo – would you mind responding to this thread if you have time?

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3343_Dieoff-in-the-long-term.aspx

I’m keen to hear from someone 2 months in 🙂

Thanks

Positivo

bumping….I noticed a few post about people starting over. I dont think its necessary to completely start over. It just adds to the stress of having candida.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i thought i was ok with this for a while: http://www.growingnaturals.com/store/index.php/products/rice-protein-isolate-powder-vanilla-blast-packets-24.html

Then realised it had whole grain brown rice syrup.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Positivo,
    I am glad things have improved for you!! I am also glad you are continue to stay positive. Don’t beat yourself up about accidentally eating something. It is in the pass and you cannot change it. We are all humans and mistakes. I know you will be healthy soon :D. Keep on fighting. Lots of love to you, Lauren

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Wait. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol and shouldnt be so bad as it is only partially absorbed by the body, and the rest is absorbed too quickly to reach the colon where the actual candida is. So it does not come into contact with the candida, thus not hindering your progress.

Please correct me if i’m wrong, but this is what dvjorge and other sources told me.

Furthermore, stomach related issues are common with taking sugar alcohols (bloating, diarrhea) and so not neccesarily connected to candida.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Read ingredients carefully’ is closed to new replies.