Reaction to Kefir

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Reaction to Kefir

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SRQ 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

I’ve been off dairy for 5 months and on the diet for 5 weeks. I just made kefir and tested it with three small sips in hopes of introducing it to my diet. I reacted almost immediately with my tongue slightly burning and a dull achey pain shooting up my neck to the base of my skull. This is an all too familiar reaction. As you can imagine, I’m quite disappointed. Has anyone else had a reaction to kefir early into the diet but was later able to introduce it? If so, how much time did it take? Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s pretty common and typical actually. I personally was pretty allergic to dairy starting out (to milk and cream) and now I am not nearly as allergic but still am a little bit. I wasn’t allergic to greek yogurt for some reason

You might want to consider trying out goat’s milk kefir next; if you cannot find it, you can make it at home.

Also if it was not organic, this could be apart of the problem as well.

-raster

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Thanks, Raster…..that’s helpful and encouraging. I did use organic milk. Thank goodness I took Able’s advice and tested just a few sips. It would have been really ugly otherwise. A few hours have passed and I’m feeling better. Maybe I’ll test the Greek yogurt this weekend. Any brand name suggestions? Besides the additional probiotics, I’m really looking to add some calories to my diet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reaction to Kefir’ is closed to new replies.