reacting to citrus

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions reacting to citrus

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

travler2001
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

I was wondering if anyone else here is having reactions to lime or lemon juice? They both make my psoriasis come back and then flare up within 30 minutes. I have no idea how that’s possible..maybe I have a sensitivity to citrus? However, I found an old book called “The Yeast Connection” which recommends using non-crystallized vitamin C powder as an alternative to vinegar in homemade salad dressing and am thinking about giving it a try instead of the lemon juice. Has anyone else tried the vitamin C powder?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I think Danny33 said he reacts to lemons and limes, maybe he’ll have some info for you.

Is there a reason you’re not using apple cider vinegar in salad dressing?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

This happened to me last month.

I was drinking 1-3 lemon/limes a day in water and it caused a rash on my face. The moment I stopped drinking lemon and limes I felt better and my rash slowly went away.

I went to the doctor and had allergy test(blood) for both Lemon and Lime.
    Both came back negative.

I stopped lemons for good and in a few weeks the rash on my face started to come back, not sure which food trigger caused it this time. What I can tell you is that I ordered a Pro-biotic/Anti-fungal soap called “Candida Freedom” and within hours after using my rash felt better and started disappearing. I was amazed. The rash that would normally last 2 weeks was gone in 2 1/2 days.

It got me wondering
    -Lemon/lime allergy test came back negative
    -Anti-fungal soap removed rash from my face rather quickly

I’m not sure how this adds up I believe the rash is defiantly fungal related and the citrus somehow links to this. I haven’t figured it out yet but I can tell anybody suffering from a fungal skin condition or dandruff should try out the soap. It has lemongrass with is a powerful anti-fungal.

Keep me posted of your progress.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

One of my food allergy tests came back positive for lemon. I used rhubarb as a replacement in recipes. Juiced up a batch of it then kept it in the fridge for lemon juice replacer.
    I eat lemons with no problem now. This could just be a temporary situation.
    Good Luck

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Lemon and lime contains refined sugars, that quickly will get into the bloodstream. They both contribute to the more acid environment in the gut area, but they do contain sugars.

My rashes get worse from lemon and lime, the same thing with apple cider vinegar. Both of them helps in the same way probiotics helps but they do give an awful lot of rashes.

The rash a cures in every fold on my body, where conditions for a fungus is better (the whole between-the-legs area, ears, behind the ears, scalp, nostrils etc.). Lactose in greek yoghurt trigger this too.

My skin doctor gave me an azole cream(like flucanazole, itraconazole – antifungals) to treat the areas, and it helped a little. I’ve read about others, who can use cocounut oil use on the areas with success. However, my own skincondition is only getting better by NOT eating yoghurt with lactose, not drinking lemon, lime and apple cider vinegar. The azolecream helps, but only temporarily.

>In short, treat the rash as c. albicans, not allergi. Don’t drink lemon and lime if it triggers the rashes – The sugar content will feed the c- albicans in your lungs, organs, prostate, and skin.

I will try to live of milk kefir, fermentet long enough for most of the lactose to be gone, and water kefir in the same way.

The thing about vitamin C in “the fungus link” sounds like a good idea, will look into that!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I talked to my naturopath at length about skin conditions and eczema. He said that some people go between having eczema and asthma (they have one or the other but not both at the same time usually). He stated that the toxins build up within the body which causes the eczema and that they need to be released. Your body is doing the work for you by detoxing via the skin the bodies largest organ.

He said that the creams block the skin from detoxing and this just keeps the toxins within the body.

The limes are likely killing something in the body which releases toxins.

-raster

travler2001
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Thank you all for your quick and insightful replies. I am not using apple cider vinegar because it gives me a temporary psoriasis attack, but not too terrible. I am glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem. The Candida Freedom soap sounds like a good idea and I’ll look into it.
    My biggest problem right now, however, is wicked insomnia! I’m only able to sleep about 4 hours a night because my body feels like it’s on the edge and freaks out with an adrenaline rush to every tiny sound. I believe it is a physiological problem because I meditate peacefully the whole time I am trying to fall asleep, but usually am only able to get to almost being asleep…then I just kind of hover there on the brink but can’t get much further. I have tried exercising and doing relaxing activities, deep breathing, stretching, massage, melatonin, cuddling, everything I can think of. My body just feels like it’s amped all the time no matter what. Meanwhile, I am mentally exhausted, my eyes burn, I can’t hardly see straight, and I’m losing my memory and beginning to hallucinate. The insomnia became really bad when I started the candida diet. I also have an unnerving feeling like I can’t quite take a deep enough breath.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s my post on sleeping woes and research I did:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3795_Sleep-problems.aspx

PS-100 is my sleepin lifesaver.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

travler2001;37283 wrote: Thank you all for your quick and insightful replies. I am not using apple cider vinegar because it gives me a temporary psoriasis attack, but not too terrible. I am glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem. The Candida Freedom soap sounds like a good idea and I’ll look into it.
    My biggest problem right now, however, is wicked insomnia! I’m only able to sleep about 4 hours a night because my body feels like it’s on the edge and freaks out with an adrenaline rush to every tiny sound. I believe it is a physiological problem because I meditate peacefully the whole time I am trying to fall asleep, but usually am only able to get to almost being asleep…then I just kind of hover there on the brink but can’t get much further. I have tried exercising and doing relaxing activities, deep breathing, stretching, massage, melatonin, cuddling, everything I can think of. My body just feels like it’s amped all the time no matter what. Meanwhile, I am mentally exhausted, my eyes burn, I can’t hardly see straight, and I’m losing my memory and beginning to hallucinate. The insomnia became really bad when I started the candida diet. I also have an unnerving feeling like I can’t quite take a deep enough breath.

I too have been having trouble with sleep. This never used to be a problem for me. My pattern seems to be 4 hours after work, then I can’t go back to sleep at all. Lucky my job understands because I’ve been working some extremely odd hours.

I will check out the supplements, and please post with any positive reviews!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘reacting to citrus’ is closed to new replies.