Raw Eggs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gatsuri 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Anyone here eat them, either for nutrition or pleasure? I’ve been considering adding them to my diet for both.

The eggs I buy are local, pastured and supplemented with organic feed. The farmer who sells them to me says that she and her family eat them raw and don’t think too much of it.

What are your own thoughts or guidelines?

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I’ve been eating raw organic pastured eggs for years and never had a problem. They improve my candida symptoms. I think it has something to do with antinutrients in egg white. Know that they can also cause biotin deficiency. If you want proteins then they are much more bioavailable in boiled eggs.

Banshee
    Participant

I’m primarily concerned about salmonella, which I know has a lot to do with the source. But thank you for your input!

RobyRob, do you wash the shells? How long after purchase are they still good to eat raw?

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I wash the shells only if they are very dirty.
    I eat them within 4 days after purchase.

Banshee
    Participant

Awesome, thanks!

texan
    Participant
    Topics: 1

The egg white contains phytic acid which can contribute to biotin deficiency (among other things) and potentially worsen a Candida overgrowth.

The egg yolk, on the other hand, contains lots of nutrients and is best eaten raw.

The way I cook eggs is to lightly fry or poach them. That way the egg white is cooked (so the anti-nutrients are neutralized) but the raw yolk remains. The best of both worlds!!

Gatsuri
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Raw organic eggs are the way to go (as are all organic animal foods), they digest so well in the body.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raw Eggs’ is closed to new replies.